Drink Prices/Package - FACTS

Does this include the MDR and specialty restaurants like Chops or Giovanni's Table?

Yes, the drink packages are good in the MDR, Windjammer, and specialty restaurants.

We were on the Independence Norway trip and after a lot of research opted for the Royal Replenish plus a 5 bottle wine and dine package. We paid separately for glasses wine/alcoholic cocktails. We definitely got our money's worth with the Replenish package although getting speciality coffee at breakfast was problematic in MDR so we would stop by Cafe Promenade first and take cappuccinos into breakfast with us. We got through lots of St Pelligrino and some still water. They didn't always have sparkling at every bar however - for example there was only still water at Vintages and Cafe Promenade.

I had also researched which of the wines in the wine and dine package afforded the best saving (via this site) and curiously it proved a tad difficult to get the high value wines on 2 occasions. We were initially told a very good red wine we wanted was not available one night then when we asked a different waiter another night it was found for us. We also enjoyed the Mer Soleil Chardonnay one night in Chops with our starters but when we requested it in the MDR they said there was none on the ship. I persisted, asked for the (lovely) Maître D who also said he didn't think they had it but did agree to check with Vintages and Chops. Eventually (rather late during our final dinner) the bottle arrived (& we took the rest of it home!). We also found the wait staff in the speciality restaurants pushed wine (often very high value) from the main menu- encouraging you to have something not from the wine & dine list, to which we succumbed but did not regret. Nb you can only use the wine & dine in the MDR or Windjammer, despite serving some of the wines from the list, you can't have them on the package when sitting in a Vintages (we asked for a bottle with our tapas lunch in Vintages but the very apologetic waitress said no).

All drinks menus on UK sailings include the gratuity which is very helpful.

Many thanks Twogaterz - we've got 5 bottles of wine thrown in for free and this info is really useful! Also good to know that the gratuity is definitely included in the price when sailing from UK - very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Does the Replenish package also include sodas? As people have commented, the website isn't very clear about what's included. I usually have a soda with lunch but am more flexible at other times.

Also, does Cafe Latitudes have flavored iced coffee to go? Our room is right down the hall, and I enjoy an icy (non-alchoholic) beverage on the balcony every day at sailaway. Since we don't have a fridge in our room, this would be an easier way for me to get my relaxation fixthan finding a bar and bringing back a soda.

Thanks to the OP for the detailed list and to everyone for their helpful responses.

Kathy

Does the Replenish package also include sodas? As people have commented, the website isn't very clear about what's included. I usually have a soda with lunch but am more flexible at other times.

Also, does Cafe Latitudes have flavored iced coffee to go? Our room is right down the hall, and I enjoy an icy (non-alchoholic) beverage on the balcony every day at sailaway. Since we don't have a fridge in our room, this would be an easier way for me to get my relaxation fixthan finding a bar and bringing back a soda.

Thanks to the OP for the detailed list and to everyone for their helpful responses.

Kathy

The Replenish package includes soda. Don't know about flavored iced coffee.

After researching the packages and reading all the posts on the drink packages it would seem the Select Package makes the most sense for DW and I.

I am concerned about the wine only being for $8 a glass. I have seen very few wine by the glass at the $8 amount on the wine lists posted. Are there house wines not listed that provides more options? I can't believe there is only 2 white wines a $8 a glass and 1 red wine at that price.

After researching the packages and reading all the posts on the drink packages it would seem the Select Package makes the most sense for DW and I.

I am concerned about the wine only being for $8 a glass. I have seen very few wine by the glass at the $8 amount on the wine lists posted. Are there house wines not listed that provides more options? I can't believe there is only 2 white wines a $8 a glass and 1 red wine at that price.

The wine lists that are posted here from time to time are the only ones I'm aware of.

The Replenish package includes soda. Don't know about flavored iced coffee.

Thanks, Bob. After researching, it makes no sense for me to buy the coffee package, but I'm not sure I drink enough soda to make that worth the money either.

Kathy

Thanks, Bob. After researching, it makes no sense for me to buy the coffee package, but I'm not sure I drink enough soda to make that worth the money either.

Kathy

There is another package called Refreshment that is only soda. Cost is $6.50 per day, plus 15% gratuity.

Trying to decide what drinks package if any would suit us, we're a family of 2 A, 2C. Evenings for us will be taking in the shows after dinner, so a few drinks of wine with dinner and another one or two afterwards.

We do enjoy our specialty coffees during the day and lots of sodas, so the RR package seems best. I can't see us making use of the difference between the RR and the Ultimate. May opt for the RR and some wine bottles.

Kids will no doubt have the Royal Replenish sodas.

I know that sharing isn't allowed, but what are the rules on ordering another drink on the same card shortly after ordering the first one?

We're on a 14 night cruise so packages quickly add up.

Edited by Paddcomp

Kathy

There were two iced latte options on our trip - a creamice frosted beverage and a frosted mocha one of which I enjoyed with my Royal Replenish package. I could have had any 'draft' soda as well but I don't drink sodas.

Trying to decide what drinks package if any would suit us, we're a family of 2 A, 2C. Evenings for us will be taking in the shows after dinner, so a few drinks of wine with dinner and another one or two afterwards.

We do enjoy our specialty coffees during the day and lots of sodas, so the RR package seems best. I can't see us making use of the difference between the RR and the Ultimate. May opt for the RR and some wine bottles.

Kids will no doubt have the Royal Replenish sodas.

I know that sharing isn't allowed, but what are the rules on ordering another drink on the same card shortly after ordering the first one?

We're on a 14 night cruise so packages quickly add up.

The soda package for kids is even lower in cost--maybe $4.50/day?

Are you on a ship that has Freestyle soda machines?

If so, the only thing one needs to operate the machine is the mug with the RFID chip that comes with the $20 Royal Replenish. If you don't drink much soda (and I assume your kids don't drink much coffee), you COULD, rightly or wrongly, just hand over the mugs that will come with your package to your kids. The machines don't ask to see your seapass.

If so, the only thing one needs to operate the machine is the mug with the RFID chip that comes with the $20 Royal Replenish. If you don't drink much soda (and I assume your kids don't drink much coffee), you COULD, rightly or wrongly, just hand over the mugs that will come with your package to your kids. The machines don't ask to see your seapass.

Yes, $4.50 per day plus 15% gratuity for those under age 18.

I'd spotted the soda only option, should have called it Royal Refreshment, but thanks anyway.

We're on Explorer OTS, which is having a refit before we sail so not sure if it will have Freestyle soda machines.

What I was really asking was do people share drinks on the adult packages, alcoholic or non-alcoholic. I'm not trying to cheat the system, well not too much, just DW likes the odd drink but not every day.

Looking at the non-alcoholic drinks, can I assume that we still get coffee and orange juice at breakfast and dinner, for free, and water for that matter?

...Looking at the non-alcoholic drinks, can I assume that we still get coffee and orange juice at breakfast and dinner, for free, and water for that matter?

Free drinks: coffee, hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, milk, juices at breakfast.

...We're booked for Adventure on the Seas for March - and it's only our 2nd cruise. Last time, On Carnival - we got the drink package and were satisfied with service everywhere except the MDR - we rarely saw the bar staff and therefore only enjoyed a glass of wine on maybe 3 of the 7 nights. There were only 2 bar staff in the entire dining room, so my anticipated 2-3 glasses of wine with dinner NEVER happened, so we didn't get our money's worth.

Did this recently change in price per drink allowable in the premium package? I was on the Oasis in March and the mixed drinks included were up to $10 and wine by the glass was up to $12, but your post is $2 higher per item?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just got off Allure, you are correct OP is not ( unless prices differ for each ship)

We found good wines that were 9.00 so you would only pay the difference which is 1.00.

...We're booked for Adventure on the Seas for March - and it's only our 2nd cruise. Last time, On Carnival - we got the drink package and were satisfied with service everywhere except the MDR - we rarely saw the bar staff and therefore only enjoyed a glass of wine on maybe 3 of the 7 nights. There were only 2 bar staff in the entire dining room, so my anticipated 2-3 glasses of wine with dinner NEVER happened, so we didn't get our money's worth.

My DH had the package and every night they came and brought him two glasses of wine so they wouldn't have to come back - well I assumed thats why they did that. He just signed two receipts. Never had a problem.

We are on our cruise just now - we all have the premium package and it's been worth it for us - a couple of light cocktails through the day and some wine at night - it's very easy to reach the $55 dollars - and we have never at any point been drunk - maybe slightly tipsy once

Sent from my iPhone using Forums