Lunchtime...around the pool...

My family and I are leaving on the Navigator in 43 days. :-) On cruises, we tend to hang out by the pools on sea days. On previous cruises, on another line, there was an area near the

pool to get hamburgers, hot dogs, etc. I know the Navigator has Johnny Rockets, but I am not sure of the proximity to the pool. Thoughts on Navigator lunchtime opportunities... Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My family and I are leaving on the Navigator in 43 days. :-) On cruises, we tend to hang out by the pools on sea days. On previous cruises, on another line, there was an area near the

pool to get hamburgers, hot dogs, etc. I know the Navigator has Johnny Rockets, but I am not sure of the proximity to the pool. Thoughts on Navigator lunchtime opportunities... Thanks!

Some days they will set up a lunc buffet on the pool deck. Other than that, Windjammer would be the closest venue.

Eating AT the pool is something we avoid, it's always nice to take a half hour break and eat in a pleasant atmosphere rather than holding plates around a dirty wet pool area.......

But if you want you can always get food at Windjammer and bring it out to the pool there are people who do that. As I recall Johnny Rockets is on 12 one level up from the pool. I've heard here they'll prep the food to go if you want.

Your best bet is getting food from the Windjammer and sitting at a table near the pool, if you want to eat at the pool. You do know that Johnny Rocket's is a a for charge venue, I hope. I believe it is now $5.99 per person and does not include drinks.

We were just on Navigator and the chefs cooked out by the pool 2 days. One was a paella cook-off (with lots of stuff) and the other was ribs, chicken, burgers, dogs, etc. Otherwise, Windjammer is it, but there are tables on the pool deck right outside the Windjammer.

We will grab a sandwich or something "hand friendly" to take back to the pool...you wouldn't want a full, hot meal...to difficult to eat without a table! But a sub, or slice of pizza...totally doable from the WJ.

On our Freedom cruise in March, Johnny Rockets was "set-up" by the pool on sea days and taking orders. There were Johnny Rockets signs on certain tables by the pool.

That's a nice touch, I had not heard of that before.

There was never any lunch by the pool on our NotS cruise a few weeks ago, but our cruise was a bit of a one-off thing since they didn't do the regular itinerary.

I can say that if you just want burgers or pizza, the windjammer does serve them at lunch. If you want Johnny Rockets, they do have an outside seating area, but it is in a bit of a "wind tunnel" near the aft of the ship.

Is the buffet that they serve on sea days offer different food items than those available at the WJ? And is the BBQ served near the pool similar to the one that's served at Coco Cay or Labadee?

The buffet near the pool varies, but usually has hamburgers, hot dogs, sometimes ribs and chicken, limited salad type sides.

Thanks Bob for your help, after a morning by the pool, we usually shower and change to go to lunch in the dining room on sea days and then head back to the cabin for a nap. It is nice to know that we have other options.

Not really a fan of the WJ. For us, part of being on vacation is avoiding lines and sitting down and being served a nice meal.

Thanks Bob for your help, after a morning by the pool, we usually shower and change to go to lunch in the dining room on sea days and then head back to the cabin for a nap. It is nice to know that we have other options.

Not really a fan of the WJ. For us, part of being on vacation is avoiding lines and sitting down and being served a nice meal.

I agree, hard to beat a nice lunch in the MDR on sea days, especially with the tutti salad.

We will grab a sandwich or something "hand friendly" to take back to the pool...you wouldn't want a full, hot meal...to difficult to eat without a table! But a sub, or slice of pizza...totally doable from the WJ.

There are plenty of tables in the pool area if you want to get a plate of food. That is, if you can bear to stop getting a tan for the time it takes to eat!!!!:eek:

I agree, hard to beat a nice lunch in the MDR on sea days, especially with the tutti salad.

We consider it a nice break from the sun and excitement going on around the pool. Usually after 3 or so hours out by the pool we're ready to come insie.