Guarantee concierge aqua or sweet sixteen

cruiseaholic78

Hi all, planning a Celebrity Constellation to Black sea and as a celebrity newbie have the following question. At the moment guarantee Concierge is by far the cheapest cabin followed fairly closely by guarantee Aqua and then quite a bit more expensive bookable veranda's including the coveted sweet sixteen.

I like the idea of the larger veranda but the price plus perks on the other two look quite good. As the concierge and aqua are shown as the cabins with the best location could I end up without any view from the balcony or any other problems if I booked a guarantee?

Any tips welcome.

Rosalyn

Hi all, planning a Celebrity Constellation to Black sea and as a celebrity newbie have the following question. At the moment guarantee Concierge is by far the cheapest cabin followed fairly closely by guarantee Aqua and then quite a bit more expensive bookable veranda's including the coveted sweet sixteen.

I like the idea of the larger veranda but the price plus perks on the other two look quite good. As the concierge and aqua are shown as the cabins with the best location could I end up without any view from the balcony or any other problems if I booked a guarantee?

Any tips welcome.

Rosalyn

Hi Rosalyn,

Let's take your last question first. I wouldnt have any concerns about the view from any Aqua or Concierge class cabin. As you've mentioned the price difference is minimal between the Aqua gty and the Concierge gty, I'd probably go for the Aqua gty, as most folks love the BLU dining experience, which you would have with Aqua class. FWIW, I highly doubt you can go wrong with either choice, but if I had to pick one, I'd go with the Aqua gty.

If you have additional questions, feel free to ask. I hope this is helpful !

Any tips welcome.

Rosalyn

AQ all the way. The service and selection in BLU makes this a slam dunk.

It is not very often you can score a reasonable fare for AQ. Snag it!

I like the idea of the larger veranda but the price plus perks on the other two look quite good. As the concierge and aqua are shown as the cabins with the best location could I end up without any view from the balcony or any other problems if I booked a guarantee?Any tips welcome.

Rosalyn

Yes, you could end up with "other problems" -- being put in a location that you don't find desirable. For me, it's not just "view" but also what is above and below. As I understand it, if you book a guarantee, Celebrity has the right to assign you to any cabin in the class you booked or any class higher than that cabin. So, before booking a guarantee, you should be sure you'd be happy with any cabin in those classes, wherever located. (For example, if you wound up in Aqua class on deck 9, you could have the pool deck above you, and you might hear chairs being dragged around.)

Only you can determine what's most important to you. Whatever you choose, have a great trip!

Any tips welcome.

Rosalyn

Definitely do the Aqua. The benefits in Concierge are either hype or available to all the cabins but doing Aqua gives you Blu which is like eating in a Specialty restaurant every night.

Any tips welcome.

Rosalyn

Rosalyn -- I'm sorry -- maybe it's just because I haven't finished my first cup of coffee, but I'm confused. Are you saying that the guarantee Concierge and Aqua are both less expensive than a regular 2C (Sweet Sixteen) cabin? I'm kind of fussy about my cabin location, so we don't book guarantee categories -- but, that's quite a deal, considering that Aqua is usually closer to the Suites than Sweet Sixteen, in price. :cool:

AQ all the way. The service and selection in BLU makes this a slam dunk.

It is not very often you can score a reasonable fare for AQ. Snag it!

Agree, AQ is the way to go, especially if cheaper than a Veranda.

I'd also point out that the sweet sixteen cabins may have larger balconies, but the cabins are 20 sq ft smaller than concierge or aqua cabins on the m-class ships.

Pick Aqua...

Thanks all for your replies it looks as though its a no brainer to book guarantee aqua over ss for €1300 less. Am I going too far to wait and see if there is a new 123 go next month to get the tips and beverage package as well? Is this offer if valid on our sailing also available for guarantee cabins ?

Rosalyn

Thanks all for your replies it looks as though its a no brainer to book guarantee aqua over ss for €1300 less. Am I going too far to wait and see if there is a new 123 go next month to get the tips and beverage package as well? Is this offer if valid on our sailing also available for guarantee cabins ?

Rosalyn