Electronic cigarettes on the oasis of the sea?

My boyfriend has been using electronic cigarettes for a year and has quit smoking anything else. Can he bring this on the cruise? Thanks :)

Yes, they are allowed on the ship, but subject to the same exact smoking restrictions as cigarettes.

Edited by clarea

I plan on bringing my e-cig and to tell you the truth they have no smell so I cannot see anyone complaining if he has it on the balcony or even the room.:confused: I no non-smokers get a little crazy but my husband does not smoke and you cannot smell them in the house. He would complain if you could, lol.

I plan on bringing my e-cig and to tell you the truth they have no smell so I cannot see anyone complaining if he has it on the balcony or even the room.:confused: I no non-smokers get a little crazy but my husband does not smoke and you cannot smell them in the house. He would complain if you could, lol.

Just so you know, here are the rules. Note the $250 charge:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=3101&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqType=faq

Off Brilliance last month and I saw people using them in many different places outside.

I myself was using mine on my balcony, and I seriously doubt my balcony mates on either side knew. I did have it in my hand and I think I smoked it at the rail. No one said anything.

Just be respectful and I am sure you won't have an issue.

But they don't light up the smoke detectors either, so I think it would be highly unlikely that anyone would be aware of an e cig. Cabin or balcony.

there will be no charge to use them on the balcony, i have many times. pay no attention to those policing others.

Good job. All you need to do now is find a dress code thread and you will hit all the controversial topics on your "first" day.

On the Freedom, before the ice show started, a woman was three rows in front of us... puffing away on an electric cigarettes... the staff politely informed her of the policy and asked her to put it away. She put it away for about 2 minutes... looked around and started puffing again. About 3 minutes later 3 security officers asked to speak to her outside of the theater. She said no.. she'd put it away... they insisted she leave with them. Neither she, nor her party came back to the show. I do not know what happened after that.

I do know that it clearly states in the Guest Conduct Policy that Electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes are only permitted within the designated smoking areas. Now it is your choice... as in all things in life, you may not like the policy, but when you paid for your cruise you agreed to abide by the Smoking Policy clearly stated in your Guest Ticket Booklet. If you choose to smoke on your balcony, in your stateroom or anywhere else that is not an approve area you risk the consequences.

There isn't a debate as to whether it is safe or not. There isn't an excuse because this is the only cigarette your boyfriend uses. The choice to abide by the contract you entered into... or risk the consequences.

I do hope your boyfriend can totally 'kick' the habit, for his own health and yours. I do hope you are able to enjoy your cruise!

But they don't light up the smoke detectors either, so I think it would be highly unlikely that anyone would be aware of an e cig. Cabin or balcony.

Nobody will ever know.

In fact they probably would not know if you smoked real cigarettes...

Nobody will ever know.

In fact they probably would not know if you smoked real cigarettes...

We were on a bridge tour, and the smoke detectors in the staterooms are wired into and displayed on a screen that shows up on the bridge. I think the cabin was yellow, and someone asked about it. The captain said someone was smoking in the room, and it was noted on a white board for a warning letter.....so I think they probably would know. But that is as much as I know about it.

We were on a bridge tour, and the smoke detectors in the staterooms are wired into and displayed on a screen that shows up on the bridge. I think the cabin was yellow, and someone asked about it. The captain said someone was smoking in the room, and it was noted on a white board for a warning letter.....so I think they probably would know. But that is as much as I know about it.

Oh My ..... now they are looking in our cabins???!!!! Oh Dear! LOL!! Hope not! I'm assuming it's because there was 'smoke' in the air, not 'water vapor' and that it was only the color of the cabin because of the smoke, and not the people in it they could see! LOL!! :)

I think I accidentally started a war lol. I did not mean to... just wanted to know if they were allowed (for smoking areas) that is all I will let him smoke at

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

let him puff away, its not detected like regular cigs. pay no notice.

Those are all fire sensors.

The guy was trying to scare everyone.

I recently went skiing and shared a room with 2 people who smoked a few different things(not the vapors) the entire time.

The hotel was a very strict non-smoking establishments with all the bells, whistles, & warnings.

We stayed 4 nights, not a single word about it, and it reeked....

Edited by matj2000

Oh My ..... now they are looking in our cabins???!!!! Oh Dear! LOL!! Hope not! I'm assuming it's because there was 'smoke' in the air, not 'water vapor' and that it was only the color of the cabin because of the smoke, and not the people in it they could see! LOL!! :)

It's just a diagram of the cabin. And this was a couple of years ago, after cabin smoking was banned and before e cigs were available.

It was just a random OV cabin on a deck diagram that is displayed on the bridge. They aren't "looking" at anything. And e cig vapor would not show up on the smoke detectors.

Just so you all know, if sneaking an ecig. Don't do it in a small enclosed area that has a smoke detector, they can go off. Some smoke detectors will trip over vapor. I know in our old house the steam from a shower would set one off. Anyhow, I found this out on an airline forum while checking to see how I needed to pack them for a flight and if they were okay in Mexico. Pilots use them and warned people about sneaking them on the bathrooms onboard for that reason.

Those are all fire sensors.

The guy was trying to scare everyone.

I recently went skiing and shared a room with 2 people who smoked a few different things(not the vapors) the entire time.

The hotel was a very strict non-smoking establishments with all the bells, whistles, & warnings.

We stayed 4 nights, not a single word about it, and it reeked....

You probably know more about it than I do. I don't smoke inside at home. I would still like to smoke on the balcony, but if I can't, I won't. I may become more fond of these e cigs, though.

I think I accidentally started a war lol. I did not mean to... just wanted to know if they were allowed (for smoking areas) that is all I will let him smoke at

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

No worries .... wars come and go here! I actually was kidding about them watching the cabins on the bridge. The posts stating it's in the 'rules' are right, it is and they recently added it. They had to put e-cigs in there. It makes life a lot easier for them to not have to deal with each situation where someone complains that someone is smoking when it's really an e-cig which is NOT a tobacco product and nothing is burning. But to argue it's merits or hazards here is useless. People have their opinions. I lean towards using your head. In my opinion, the woman in the theater was wrong. You just don't use it in public places, restaurants, etc. .... anywhere you wouldn't use a real cigarette. I do disagree with the remark, 'hope he can kick the habit for his health's sake' because he HAS. He doesn't smoke anymore. Doctors say it's nicotine ... no more harmful than the caffine in your coffee. And, depending on which one he uses the amount of nicotine can be high, small percentage or none at all. So pay no mind .... you asked the question and got the answer in the 'rules' .... go on your cruise and have a good time, just use your head. Happy Sailing! ;)