Electronic cigarettes on the oasis of the sea?

let him puff away, its not detected like regular cigs. pay no notice.

You are clearly giving the wrong message here. There may not be a "smell" but there is vapor residue that I don't want to inhale. If I'm ever on the same cruise as you and you light up on the balcony next to me, it will be the LAST e-cig you smoke there!

You are clearly giving the wrong message here. There may not be a "smell" but there is vapor residue that I don't want to inhale. If I'm ever on the same cruise as you and you light up on the balcony next to me, it will be the LAST e-cig you smoke there!

No one is "lighting up" and that is a ridiculous, or at least not well thought out post.

Naw you haven't started a war. It is in the rules and smoking an e-cig at the ice show or at dinner would be asking for trouble.

Now smoking it in the solarium by the windows or one of the sorta outside dining by WJ all discreetly you shouldn't have an issue. Up on the pool decks.

On your balcony is fine and I think I accidentally took a puff in the cabin, but I quickly moved outside. I wouldn't dare light a real one in the cabin. Everyone will know.

I do disagree with the remark, 'hope he can kick the habit for his health's sake' because he HAS. He doesn't smoke anymore. Doctors say it's nicotine ... no more harmful than the caffine in your coffee. And, depending on which one he uses the amount of nicotine can be high, small percentage or none at all. So pay no mind .... you asked the question and got the answer in the 'rules' .... go on your cruise and have a good time, just use your head. Happy Sailing! ;)

I meant no dis-respect in hoping that the OPs boyfriend can kick his nicotine habit. He has an addiction to nicotine... it is unhealthy and expensive. There is nicotine in the vaper... and whether it goes into his lungs or is expressed as second hand vapor... more than one person is being effected negatively by his addiction. I still hope he finds a way to kick the habit.

I was surprised to learn a few things about e-cigs; that they're addictive, yes, but I could probably have guessed that since they are a delivery system for a highly-addictive substance, nicotine. I was surprised just how toxic liquid nicotine can be when it comes in contact with our skin, and in such small amounts, but the big one for me was how unregulated the devices are. Despite the marketing claims that e-cigarettes are safer than smoking tobacco, researchers are finding e-cig users experience diminished lung function, airway resistance and cellular changes, regardless of whether or not they currently (or ever) smoke cigarettes. And in the lab, cells exposed to e-cigarette vapor show unhealthy changes similar to cells exposed to tobacco smokers. Users who vape nicotine-free e-cigs can't escape the effects, either; they also experience airway resistance and other signs of inflammation as side effects of e-cigarette use.

http://www.examiner.com/article/e-cigarettes-under-fire-new-study-warns-of-secondhand-smoke-from-e-cigarettes

January 31, 2014

E-cigarettes are coming under fire because a new study shows that particles from e-cigarettes do not only harm e-cigarette users but also those around them.

The most recent study, which analyzed exactly what was in e-cigarette vapors, was conducted by scientist Prue Tablot and her team at the University of California Riverside, reports San Diego’s 10News on Jan. 31, 2014.

If you are around somebody who is using e-cigarettes, you are breathing in ultra-fine particles and you are breathing in nicotine," he said. "You are breathing in volatile organic campaigns and metals that are in the vapor."

However, the fact that there is no regulation at the local, state or federal level as to what e-cigarettes can or cannot contain, might mean that an e-cigarette user is doing unintended harm to those exposed to secondhand e-cigarette vapors. “Most e-cigarettes are made in China by different manufacturers with no U.S. government oversight.”

Unless they were hanging over the railing and you saw them you'd never know.

If water vapor was a problem in the cabin we could not take showers, lol.;)

Did not make my post to claim all of the alarms will do it. A faulty or oversensitive one could. I only said it to point out to those that are sneaking it, because they are going into small enclosed areas to sneak one. That could be a bathroom on you plane in route to your cruise (mentioned by airline pilots on a travel forum). If that happens, they won't have to worry about the cruise rules since they obviously will have another problem on their hands. And yes faulty alarms do get set off by steam. Rather have them go bad like that than just stop working, annoying as hell but at least you know.

Congrats to him on kicking the habit - that's a tough one deserving of a cheer!

On our last flight for a cruise the guy who sat with us on the aircraft was smoking one the whole flight. It was kind of funny to watch him hiding it. I didn't smell a thing. To me - that's huge. I wouldn't complain about that being on a neighboring balcony vs the smokers who meant I couldn't stand to use my balcony or crack my door when they were out there.

Now - are the vapors safe? I dunno. Haven't done enough research.

Judy

I meant no dis-respect in hoping that the OPs boyfriend can kick his nicotine habit. He has an addiction to nicotine... it is unhealthy and expensive. There is nicotine in the vaper... and whether it goes into his lungs or is expressed as second hand vapor... more than one person is being effected negatively by his addiction. I still hope he finds a way to kick the habit.

I was surprised to learn a few things about e-cigs; that they're addictive, yes, but I could probably have guessed that since they are a delivery system for a highly-addictive substance, nicotine. I was surprised just how toxic liquid nicotine can be when it comes in contact with our skin, and in such small amounts, but the big one for me was how unregulated the devices are. Despite the marketing claims that e-cigarettes are safer than smoking tobacco, researchers are finding e-cig users experience diminished lung function, airway resistance and cellular changes, regardless of whether or not they currently (or ever) smoke cigarettes. And in the lab, cells exposed to e-cigarette vapor show unhealthy changes similar to cells exposed to tobacco smokers. Users who vape nicotine-free e-cigs can't escape the effects, either; they also experience airway resistance and other signs of inflammation as side effects of e-cigarette use.

Well said!

Just me but, if you cant smell it and it will not set anything on fire than what the heck.

Give him (or her) all the support (as far as the e-gig) better smelling house, and it can't be as bad as smoking. No second hand smoke, just vapors, lol.

I plan on using mine on our balcony, and if someone knows that I am its because they are leaning over looking at what I am doing, lol. Not the smell:D

...Since there is no odor, you may smoke it in your cabin or balcony...no one can tell!

Wrong, again. This is clearly contradictory to the RCI policy outlined in post #4. Our cabin steward told our neighbor he could not use his e-cig in the cabin - I saw and heard him tell the passenger NO very clearly. It never fails to amaze me how many people give information/advice/suggestions as fact, when it clearly is not.

I am betting that the reason they include the e-cigarette in the smoking ban is because of the fire risk. There have been cases where they have been blamed for starting house fires when they have been left plugged in too long and over charged.

Well exactly Sharon . Nice to hear from you. :D

~Patti, from our Vision cruise. We saw you at Harbor Lights in Barbados. :)

I was recently on Jewel in the Schooner bar when a saw a man smoking an e -cig and he was sitting down with a group of people. I asked one of the attendants about this because it was not the policy that I was aware of. The bar attendant said he would ask his supervisor the policy, he came back and told me it was all right for him to smoke there.

I knew this was wrong but rather than causing a problem I left. The next cruise I go on I will bring a copy of RC rules about smoking with me.

E-cig will prove to be harmful to health ,more research is needed, and thus far that which is done also indicates is harmfulness…………..

E-vaping will NOT set off the smoke detectors...it's not smoke...it's water vapor. Since there is no odor, you may smoke it in your cabin or balcony...no one can tell!

Gotta love all those who continue to try to claim that e-cigs put out nothing but water vapor. Nothing could be further from the truth. If it was really nothing but water vapor, no one would use the things in the first place! The vapor certainly contains nicotine, various scent chemicals, and also chemicals like propylene glycol. Similar to the stuff in a jug of anti-freeze!

I believe they're much better than cigarettes, the second-hand smoke/vapor is much less objectionable than cigarette smoke, but the continued attempts to claim it's nothing but water vapor are laughably absurd.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Of course the fact that the shower water is not laced with nicotine or other potentially unhealthy ingredients might make a difference. Until there is widely accepted scientific proof that the contents of the e-cigarettes are not harmful, I'd prefer to err on the side of caution. In my lifetime I remember all those "scientific studies", commissioned by the same tobacco companies that are now promoting e-cigarettes, that claimed that there was no connection between cigarette smoking and lung (and other types of) cancer.

1. I think OP has had their question answered and has a full understanding.

2. It's really a very easy rule to understand. Unlike smuggling alcohol (which will be taken away) or not dressing formal for dinner (which is not even a rule) this one carries with it penalties that are clearly described, so no crying when you violate a rule and suffer a financial penalty if caught.

3. If you think the only thing coming out of an E-cig is water vapor I have a lovely bridge at a great price to offer to you. Limited time deal. Hurry.