Main dining room menu- Kids

MaiTaiMary

Kids are allowed to order off of the main dining room menu, aren't they? My kids will be 7, 8, and 10 years old when we cruise this Fall. They are pretty adventurous eaters and would love to try some new things. I was just assuming they wouldn't have to order the standard "nuggets/hotdog/pizza/fries".

Kids have it made, they can choose fromt he full menu and the kids menu. I didn't even know they offered a banana split until I saw a kids menu. And what adult doesn't love a banana split? You should be very proud that your kids like to try new things, most kids just want the "junk". Have a great cruise.

Our daughter was 8 on our last cruise. She ate off the regular menu almost every night. There might have been one night where nothing appealed to her.

She is looking forward our cruise this fall. She wants to try their calamari, one of her favorite foods. And yes, she does know that it is squid. She also eats her steaks med-rare. So not the typical child to be sure.

this is the prime opportunity for them to try anything and everything that you normally wont pay for in a normal restaurant. my two boys try just about everything on the menu when we sail. my 17yo normally orders every desert on the menu once each cruise.

Now that we have a child and I've experienced the kid's menu, it's actually pretty good. For whatever reason the pizza is better than on the lido, good pastas and the banana split is great. We had adults at nearby tables looking very envious at our banana splits and wondering how we got those.

Kids are allowed to order off of the main dining room menu, aren't they? My kids will be 7, 8, and 10 years old when we cruise this Fall. They are pretty adventurous eaters and would love to try some new things. I was just assuming they wouldn't have to order the standard "nuggets/hotdog/pizza/fries".

Our kids were also adventurous eaters when they were younger. They only ordered off the adult menu on cruises.

Then we came home. And they thought they could order off the adult menu at restaurants. $$! We put a stop to that right away. :D

Good for you for exposing your kids to all types of cuisine. After you return, I'd love to read what they ate.

My kids have always eaten off the adult menu in the MDR. First family cruise was when they were 9, 11 and 1. The 2 older ones were persuaded by our waiter on the Fantasy (Mr. Mo) to try "grown up" foods. He was awesome and even cut up their steak (nice break for mom who usually had to do that while my food got cold)! :) They tried all kinds of new things and came back WAY less picky. It's also a great way for them to learn proper table etiquette. The little one was older last cruise and tried a few new things, but also enjoyed the kids menu and eating with his Camp Carnival buddies. If they are being adventurous and truly don't like their meal, the waiters will always bring them something else. Encourage it, embrace it, and help them enjoy the experience. You all will have a great time.

Our son was 9 on our last cruise and he ordered off the adult side of the menu a couple different times. His favorite was the vegetarian Sweet Potato Pot Pie. :)

the waiters will always bring them something else.

Yup! During that same cruise, my son ordered the bacon macraoni and cheese, which he loved except for the fact that it must have had liquid soybean oil in it (he's allergic) and it made his face break out. The waiter saw his face turning red, I explained the situation and he took the macaroni away, brought my son something else (a hot dog, IIRC) and all was well. Within about 20-30 min, his face was mostly back to normal.

Edited by IPlayWithString

IKI got the girls to try different foods at dinner time.. He would bring half orders of pasta and other meals out, along with their meals, to get them to eat other things... Now, on elegant night, my younger daughter couldn't wait to get her hands on lobster... LOL!!!

Seriously though, yes, they can order off the grown up meal. If you have a great waiter, they will even encourage and bring other plates out, so that the kids can try it..

Just off the Inspiration. The Kid's Menu for the American Table is no longer a 'coloring book' but a sheet that fits into the same holder as the dessert menu. DD20 got this when the rest of us got the dessert menu, lol.

The new menu seemed to be the same with the addition of Chicken Noodle Soup. Good to know because sometimes I want a broth-based soup, not something creamed.

Kids have it made, they can choose fromt he full menu and the kids menu. I didn't even know they offered a banana split until I saw a kids menu. And what adult doesn't love a banana split? You should be very proud that your kids like to try new things, most kids just want the "junk". Have a great cruise.

I am waiting to board the Sunshine, and order a banana split for dessert. After the wcmc, creme brûlée and apple tart, everything else is just ok.

on elegant night, my younger daughter couldn't wait to get her hands on lobster... LOL!!!

This made me laugh - our oldest looked forward to and ordered the lobster on our last cruise ( he was 14). When it came, he took a few bites and then kept looking at it from all different angles. My DH asked him what was wrong and his reply was "I kind of feel sorry for it." :eek: Then he shrugged and ate the rest of it. We teased him the rest of the cruise about eating poor "Rocky" the lobster!:D

Yes!! My older daughter (5) ordered a fruit plate every night and her entree off the adult menu most nights. She loves that she can order whatever sounds good on the cruise and try different things! Then I have my 3 year old who ordered cheese pizza every night. :) beauty of cruising!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I discovered my then 19 month old daughter loved mushrooms after she ate an entire mushroom appetizer. She then promptly fell asleep at the table.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Funny! Sometimes they like the most unexpected things. :D

LuLu