My wish list for Epic drydock

I found out the Epic will be in drydock for two weeks prior to our Southampton cruise to the Iberian a Peninsula.This will be my 4th time on the Epic.

My first wish is that they will bring back the Beatles group and Spanish dancers for this itinerary (would be a perfect fit) and both were awesome on our cruise out of a Barcelona in 2011. I would love the Beatles group to be a regular alternate act in the jazz club (I know not jazz, but they were so good I would go repeatedly). Maybe it is time to rename the Jazz club and just have some good bands in there?

I hope they dump Second City once and for all. It would be really nice if they could change Blue Man to a different show as well. We enjoyed it, but after three times won't go back. I know this may not be possible, but would be nice to have something else. Legends was a great choice as every time you go you see different impersonators.

We won't go back to Cirque dreams either, but will definitely be back for howl at the moon.

We were just on the ship in February. I can't remember any cosmetic areas in need of repair so I am hoping for some entertainment "upfit". :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Someone wished for a jacuzzi at Vibe.

It will probably some stuff too that nobody comes up with like "expanding Tepanyaki towards Ice Bar on top of the open slotplay machines".

On the last TA they removed a piece of wooden floor next to O'Sheehans and replaced it with carpet. Also the small tax free shop (opposite to Maltings) underwent some changes/got some new shelves. Those minor things are done while sailing. Also noticed one of the speakertowers (next to the large screen) had a replacement of steel mesh instead of the thin fabric, similar to BA and GA.

It even could be all technical things and none public (space) revisions.. :D Best thing they could do is waterfronting deck 7. ;)

I wish they would sell the ship to Carnival. Who could sit thru more than one episode of BMG? It was marginal the first time. Second City is horrid on every ship I have been on. They are on NCL because they are very cheap to hire. You get what you pay for.

Everyone has a different opinion. I have always enjoyed Second City (although they aren't on the Epic in the Med, so perhaps a moot point?) but cannot stand Howl At The Moon...

Curious to know why you don't like Howl at the Moon?

My first wish is that they will bring back the Beatles group and Spanish dancers for this itinerary (would be a perfect fit) and both were awesome on our cruise out of a Barcelona in 2011. I would love the Beatles group to be a regular alternate act in the jazz club (I know not jazz, but they were so good I would go repeatedly).

I've never sailed on the Epic without the Beatles act being onboard, including this week. They played Fat Cats last night and I think they are on again tonight. Standing room only when we nipped in there.

Edited by KeithJenner

I've always loved stand up comedians and always enjoy a good laugh, but I seriously don't get Second City or Blue Man Group.

Now that I think about it, improv is one of those things that you either love or you hate.

I did 6 years of improv training as a young adult, and absolutely loved it. I was terrible at it, but I enjoyed the mental exercise. I guess in that regard I enjoy second city because I know how difficult of an art it is, and I have a ton of respect for any performers who make the cut even to join the traveling Second City troupes.

I've never sailed on the Epic without the Beatles act being onboard, including this week. They played Fat Cats last night and I think they are on again tonight. Standing room only when we nipped in there.

What was the itinerary? That is good to know. They were not on our Caribbean cruise in February and our entire group did not like the band in the jazz club. We sailed 2/23

It sounds like we are not the only ones who might like a change from blue man. Now that epic is sailing Europe for the most part maybe they will consider changing it as my guess is that the show would not appeal to many there.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Personally we didn't enjoy BMG and a lot of the Brits we spoke to also didn't get it. I wonder how it will get on with a higher % of Brits on the Southampton sailing!

They won't change the Blue Man Group for just two cruises. It's one of the main attractions on the Epic, and many people, including British, would be upset If it wasn't there

When is Epic going into drydock?

Fall 2015.

"The ship's six-night sailing will depart Barcelona on September 20, 2015 and arrive in Southampton on September 26, 2015, with ports of call including Cartagena, Spain; Granada (Malaga), Spain; and Lisbon, Portugal.

Following a 15-day dry dock in France, Norwegian Epic will embark on a seven-night Iberian Peninsula cruise from Southampton to Barcelona on October 11, 2015."

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_042414

I agree with many of these comments after 3 Epic cruises and a fourth after Xmas....bored with BMG. Howl mediocre, second city too. Love Fat Cats with Slam Allen, and Legends was the best! Good comics a good idea- they were superb on the Getaway!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Curious to know why you don't like Howl at the Moon?

Neither my husband nor I enjoyed the music played. Found the "banter" forced. Tried to enjoy this on land as well, but cared for no version of dueling pianos that we've seen.

Personally we didn't enjoy BMG and a lot of the Brits we spoke to also didn't get it. I wonder how it will get on with a higher % of Brits on the Southampton sailing!

Just as an aside on this, I just went to the Blue Man Group Q&A session. There was an extremely high proportion of British people attending. Lots of British people clearly very much enjoyed the show.

My guess is that more British people than Americans really don't get it, but that doesn't mean that loads don't really enjoy it.