Time to update 'The Fountains' ???

calex

Just curious if anyone has heard if any of the onboard cruise director’s staff has a creative whim to update their closing skit on the last night’s show.

Every staff, on every NCL ship, has been doing their version of ‘The Fountains’ to ENYA’s Only Time for over 10 years now.

Granted it is amusing, but it would be nice to be surprised with something new and creative.

I am not sure it has been 10 years, maybe, but I agree. We were almost bored with it on the Dawn last month. Yes, it is cute, the first time, the second and even the third, after that it is more stupid than funny. Come on NCL, keep the fountains flowing, if you want, but change it a little.

I am not sure it has been 10 years, maybe, but I agree. We were almost bored with it on the Dawn last month. Yes, it is cute, the first time, the second and even the third, after that it is more stupid than funny. Come on NCL, keep the fountains flowing, if you want, but change it a little.

How many ways can you spit on someone?;)

Just curious if anyone has heard if any of the onboard cruise director’s staff has a creative whim to update their closing skit on the last night’s show.

Every staff, on every NCL ship, has been doing their version of ‘The Fountains’ to ENYA’s Only Time for over 10 years now.

Granted it is amusing, but it would be nice to be surprised with something new and creative.

I have to agree with those that still enjoy it ! - saw it yesterday afternoon on the Dawn - what a hoot !!

I don't understand what could be changed outside of the manner of the performance. The music flows with the elegance of the production! ;):D

I've also never found the performance stupid. Sometimes I find it mildly gross but never stupid. Maybe Bingo might be a good alternative during the time of the crew talent show? ;)

I also love Fountains and was so disappointed on my May Breakaway to find out that they no longer are performing it on that ship. I laugh out loud every time I see it. Hoping they bring it back on BA!

Tracy

To the best of my knowledge doing the Trans-Atlantic and then a cruise again on BA last week, Fountains has never been performed on Breakaway. :(

To the best of my knowledge doing the Trans-Atlantic and then a cruise again on BA last week, Fountains has never been performed on Breakaway. :(

I cruised BA last June and it was performed at that time.

I sailed in January and February on a B2B on the Star and it is usually preformed there as well but was not performed during that time due to Noro virus being present.

Harriet

I cruised BA last June and it was performed at that time.

I sailed in January and February on a B2B on the Star and it is usually preformed there as well but was not performed during that time due to Noro virus being present.

Harriet

Oh yes... the Norwegian Star definitely had a noro-virus outbreak. I was on the first CDC reportable sailing this year so I understood quite well it not being performed on the Star. As for the Breakaway, both times my CD was Julie. It is up to the CD because Paul Scalley never did it either! :cool:

We thought there was no Fountains on our Gem cruise May 17-24. It was done with the crew show. In the past, it was listed in the Freestyle dailies. This was our fifth cruise with NCL and we still enjoyed it.

I have not seen Fountains lately because I have been sailing the newer ships like Epic. But I agree there comes a point you need to change entertainment. I know some think it is cute every time they see it. But after a decade NCL is updating menus (finally). I think it is only normal entertainment should change after 10 years.

However, this act is part of the crew farewell show. So even though I am for changing entertainment, there will always be a crew farewell show. I am sure those creative minds can come up with something even better.

How long should fountains go? 15 years, 20 years or forever LOL :)

How long should fountains go? 15 years, 20 years or forever LOL :)

FOREVER!!! :D

It's slowly dying anyway as new Cruise Directors come into NCL and the ones who used to do it are leaving. I wouldn't be surprised if in 5 years it's gone completely just because Cruise Directors prefer not being spit on! :(

OK feeling a little disappointed here, since some posts say the seen it recently. I had thought NCL had pulled it completely since it wasn't on our cruise in Feb.

First off I don't get the funny with the "fountains" skit. My kids did that way back in summer camp. But I did love the crew show as a whole.

On our last cruise, there was no final crew show. Our last night's show was Bollywood, which was followed by some of the crew coming in to stand on stage for a farewell clap. It was a total let down, didn't have the same feeling at all.

I've seen fountains 2 times now. I find it very funny, but I guess after 10 years I guess it might get old, but I don't cruise that often and don't see it every year *shrug*

I still like the show at night on the Pearl. I wasn't really into what the Jean Ann Ryan (sp?) show was doing. I probably will skip the shows next time, and do something else at that time. My grandkids LOVED LOVED LOVED the music.

Edited by Traveller20074

FOREVER!!! :D

It's slowly dying anyway as new Cruise Directors come into NCL and the ones who used to do it are leaving. I wouldn't be surprised if in 5 years it's gone completely just because Cruise Directors prefer not being spit on! :(

then, I'm glad my family got to see it, if it's disappearing :(

I have seen fountains many times, and still enjoy it. I see no reason to change it.

^^ this^^

The Breakaway cruise didn't feature Fountains at the end of the crew talent show and Quest was no where to be seen. I also miss Ship 'N Males. That was a great night out! :D

I wonder what will happen with the White Hot Party now that Glow is coming fleet-wide?

I love the White Hot Party, they'd better not change it :( like was said above, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

LOVED that they had a "Family White Hot Party" at 8 pm. my grandkids LOVED IT!!

Getaway, March 2014, no Fountains. I just YouTubed it to see what I missed and I think it is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I love the crowd reactions, especially at the end when the crew approaches the front of the stage, people start screaming, and the lights go out. Wish I could see it in person one day.

No "Fountains" show on Breakaway last week, not even sure what it is! There was a crew talent show the last sea day, afternoon, and many officers/crew brought up afterwards for thank you's! Very nice!

debbie