Impressed with How Princess Handled an Unpleasant Situation

CI66774

Really had a good time on my recent 26-day Royal transatlantic/Baltics cruise. Would rate it a 4 out of 5 (no central stairs, too small elevators, and no full promenade knocked it down). I thought the food was very good, the service very good, the internet exceptionally fast, and the kid's club terrific. The entertainment I saw was good, too. However, one day in the piazza a singer (male and liked to sing Frank Sinatra songs) said something into the microphone directed at me about my child (don't care to repeat what was said, etc.) who was dancing off to the side (not getting in anyone's way, etc.). I was furious and wanted to deck him. I refrained, however, and just reported it to passenger services.

Here's the point of my post - Princess (Sam the cruise director) acted quickly and resolved this embarrassing situation to my satisfaction. She assured me that it would not happen again and made things right. I was very impressed with this and just wanted to let everyone know how terrific Sam was. Sometimes, it's how a company turns a negative into a positive that cements customer relations. This was a prime example!:D

I think self-deprecating humor is fine, but anything directed at a child is not good. I don't sit anywhere around comedians as I don't appreciate being part of their show. Glad it was handled to your satisfaction.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

For decent PROFESSIONAL comedians on family cruise lines making any negative comments directed at children is a big time NoNo!

LuLu

I don't sit anywhere around comedians as I don't appreciate being part of their show. Glad it was handled to your satisfaction.

This incident was not about a comedian, but about a singer.

A singer has no business making improper comments about anybody in the audience.