Copenhagen Oceankaj (Quay C330) transportation questions

It depends on the airline..

I think that SAS is around 45 minutes (maybe its 35 but check with your airline)

I don't know about Norwegian and Ryanair but 45 is not completely off the mark.

The airport will probably recommend you to be at the airport 2 hours before but they also want you to spend money in the shops :p

But 1 hour to 1:30 before is probably a good idea to allow for lines at check in and security.

Irland is in EU so no need to go through the passport control.

To take the bus I have made a guide on page 7 in my Wonderful Copenhagen thread.

I agree... take early express walk off; lots of cabs; we did it and no wait at all.

I personally would not trust public bus when you are close for time.

Thank you all very much for replying. I tried to read the last ten pages of this thread but the ship's wifi is pretty slow so I hope you don't mind me asking these questions.

1. How much is the taxi to the airport?

2. Can I pay the taxi by credit card?

3. How long is the taxi ride?

4. What is the latest time you would recommend to disembark and

be able to get a taxi in time for a 10:30 am flight?

• 2 weeks later...
My husband and I are will be docking on September 15, 2018 from the NCL Breakaway. We have a flight leaving at 12:10pm. Is this doable? Best way to get to the airport? Thanks!

We were on the same cruise last year on the Getaway, our flight on Delta left at 1245 and were worried as well, we bought the ship transfers for $30 each .They had a 7 am and 8 am bus..we paid for the 8 am bus . everything went smoothly and we were at the check in before 9 am. Unfortunately Delta didnt open up theirs check in till 10 am. Once we checked in/ baggage dropped their was a short line for security then when we eventually went thru passport control which was about a 20 min line . Our flight was delayed several hours so we didn't go thru passport control right away as there is nothing past there but the gates where once your at the gate it's a locked typed sitting area where they check you in again and you sit in that flights waiting area ( there is a bathroom in the sitting area ) there are lots of shops and eaterys after security and before passport control ..So I think a 12noon flight is very doable providing the ship is on time

Sent from my iPad using Forums

TY :) Have a great summer!

Are you cruising?

No Eileen. sadly we are not cruising or vacationing , my husband has been very sick since late summer . Hopefully in the future we can vacation again

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No Eileen. sadly we are not cruising or vacationing , my husband has been very sick since late summer . Hopefully in the future we can vacation again

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope he has a full recovery. Thoughts and prayers are with you & your husband.:(

• 3 years later...

I am travelling from Canada to Copenhagen to catch the NCL Getaway transatlantic repositioning which sails at 4.pm. The second leg of my flight is from Dublin on Ryanair and is scheduled to arrive at CPH at 2pm. Yes, I know, I am a risk-taker. 
I am looking for advice from experienced travellers who think there might be a good chance the Getaway won’t leave without me.

54 minutes ago, scubagirl43 said:

I am travelling from Canada to Copenhagen to catch the NCL Getaway transatlantic repositioning which sails at 4.pm. The second leg of my flight is from Dublin on Ryanair and is scheduled to arrive at CPH at 2pm. Yes, I know, I am a risk-taker. 
I am looking for advice from experienced travellers who think there might be a good chance the Getaway won’t leave without me.

What time is all aboard time ?

, with Celebrity it is 2 hours before sail away 

1 hour ago, scubagirl43 said:

Never never never would I take that risk. The beginning of the journey is a weekday. The scheduled arrival of Ryanair is at 14:00. Until the suitcases are unloaded and you get through customs and passport control, passes at least another 30 minutes (rather more).
 In the middle of the day - a car from the airport to Oceankaj takes about 45 minutes in the best case - but then there must be no traffic jam or accident on the route. I would rather calculate 1 hour and still consider that optimistic. Public transport is 1 hour and more.
The Ryanair flight from Dublin today, for example, is delayed by 1.5 hours..... I looked at the flight history on flightaware and the machine is often 30-45 minutes late - more often than it is on time.

2 hours ago, scubagirl43 said:

You must be on board the ship 2 hours prior to sailing time so you are behind before you even get there. Arrive the day before on the same flight or you will miss the ship. 

5 hours ago, scubagirl43 said:

The big question - when is boarding time - is that 4 pm or is 4 pm sail away time?
Good news no passport control or customs when arriving from Dublin.

It will take 45 minutes to get luggage and find a taxi and then Another. 45 minutes from airport to Oceankaj - given no delays you can be at the cruise terminal 3:30 - if sail away is 4pm you’ll miss the ship.

I think your plan is far too risky - do you fly into Dublin the same day?  Same reservation for both legs or different reservations.

You’ll very like have to fly to the city with the next port of call and then stay an addition night at a hotel - might end up being very expensive.
Chang your plan and fly into Copenhagen one day earlier.

26 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Good news no passport control or customs when arriving from Dublin.

When I last checked, Ireland was outside of Schengen area and Denmark part of it, thus there will be passport control when travelling between these two countries.

4 minutes ago, Hezu said:

When I last checked, Ireland was outside of Schengen area and Denmark part of it, thus there will be passport control when travelling between these two countries.

Sorry, you’re right - passport control when arriving to Copenhagen from Dublin.

5 hours ago, scubagirl43 said:

NCL Getaway transatlantic repositioning

Just note that first stop after Copenhagen is Ponta Delgada, Azores. You’ll miss six days of a nine days cruise if missing the ship.

In 2022, Copenhagen Malmö Port (CMP) will offer free electric cruise shuttles in Copenhagen. The shuttle will run between the three terminals at Ocean Quay and the metro station Orientkaj on all turnaround days.

From Orientkaj, cruise guests can take the Copenhagen Metro (map below) to the city centre or connect to buses, trains or other metro lines going to Copenhagen Airport or the various neighbourhoods of Copenhagen.

IMG_1618.png

• Like 2

Now it is possible to take the harbor buses from Orientkaj to Nyhavn or Refshaleøen or the Opera. (Detailed map).
The harbor bus sails in the period 07: 00-22: 00 and departs every half hour.  The last two departures sail with hourly operation.

You can travel with the harbor buses on same ticket or card as metro and buses (including City Pass or (Copenhagen Card ) which is valid in zone 1.

A single ticket for 2 zones for an adult costs 24 kroner.  Tickets can be purchased in the Ticket App or ticket vending machines at Orientkaj station.

D1B2DAD9-C767-4E45-A22A-3E4E0F14297E.jpeg

Edited by hallasm

52 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Now it is possible to take the harbor buses from Orientkaj to Nyhavn or Refshaleøen or the Opera.

How easy is it to get luggage onto the harbor buses?

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

We are staying at Wake Up on Bernstorffsgade , is it possible to that a harbour bus to the cruise terminal ? 
I could not find a map with the stops 

Thanks for your posts 

Notice you post it a couple post up 😉

do you have a link ?