Cookies!!!

Beware - it is very difficult to find real (not sugar-free) chocolate chip cookies. If you find them, you better hoard them because you won't see them again!

What's up with this?!! LOL.

Thanks to those who posted the tip about asking in the MDR first night. I will do this for DH. He is my cookie monster.

just checking in to see if anyone has tried my recipe for the coconut ranger cookies and what they thought about them.....

Oh yeah, my sis made these cookies for me today! I knew she would have all the ingredients in the house, cause she loves to make cookies! OMG! We both agreed this recipe was the best! Better than the ones on Royal! :eek: LOL Thank you for posting it! Mmmmmmmmmmm

coconut Ranger Cookie recipe:

1 cup shortening (butter flavor crisco)

1 cup brown sugar

1 cup white sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

2 cups flour

2 cups rice crispies

2 cups oatmeal

1 cup coconut

preheat oven to 350

in a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugars, add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.

add flour ,baking soda, salt and baking powder.

mix until well blended.

mix in by hand, rice crispies, oatmeal and coconut.

form in rounded balls and place on lightly greased baking sheet about 1 inch apart. (I bake on parchment paper.)

bake 350 until lightly browned 10-15 mins.

hope you all enjoy these....I am eating one now....! yum

YUM YUM YUM....thank you!!!

Just made the cookies per the original poster's recipe and they taste good, but didn't flatten out much at all.

Are you supposed to flatten them before putting in the oven?

On the Butter Flavor Crisco package it said to add 2 Tbsp water if substituting for butter, but I didn't do that since the recipe called for Crisco and not butter. Do you add the water?

Thank you for any tips. I have a lot of trouble baking cookies. It really stresses me out! :eek:

Just made the cookies per the original poster's recipe and they taste good, but didn't flatten out much at all.

Are you supposed to flatten them before putting in the oven?

On the Butter Flavor Crisco package it said to add 2 Tbsp water if substituting for butter, but I didn't do that since the recipe called for Crisco and not butter. Do you add the water?

Thank you for any tips. I have a lot of trouble baking cookies. It really stresses me out! :eek:

I didn't make the recipe posted here, I made the one on the King Arthur flour site that I posted. The only difference is the oats/crispy cereal ratios. Everything else is the same. I used regular Cisco, not butter flavor. No water was added. I didn't flatten the dough before baking. I like the 3 cups of crispy cereal and 1 cup oats vs 2 of each. Crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside. They came out just perfect.

Make sure everything is room temp and you mix the sugar and Cisco very very well, nice and fluffy, before adding the flour.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...

Like many here, I've been searching for the elusive Coconut Ranger cookie recipe for many years.

I saw this one just recently, but have not had the chance to try it out. I will say that the pictures on this page very strongly resemble the cookies on-board the Royal Caribbean ships.

Would be most interested to hear how this turns out if anyone wants to give it a try.

Theron

http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/chewy-coconut-oatmeal-cookies/

Chewy-Coconut-Oatmeal-Cookies2.jpg

Can I please ask a very daft question? How can a cookie/biscuit be sugar free? Do they use artificial sweetener instead? I'm looking forward to getting biscuits from the promenade cafe, I'm going to be in a promenade cabin on Adventure in a couple of months :)

Can I please ask a very daft question? How can a cookie/biscuit be sugar free? Do they use artificial sweetener instead? I'm looking forward to getting biscuits from the promenade cafe, I'm going to be in a promenade cabin on Adventure in a couple of months :)

I would imagine something like that, they aren't bad, but who wants "they aren't bad" if good is available. Probably started providing them for folks who could not tolerate sugars

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Beware - it is very difficult to find real (not sugar-free) chocolate chip cookies. If you find them, you better hoard them because you won't see them again!

I am so happy to hear they have sugar-free also.... I can't eat the sugar ones

Not daft at all. They use artificial sweetener in the sugar free cookies. Blah.

The best way I have found to get real (not sugar free) chocolate chip cookies is to tell my waiter on the first night in the MDR, that the only dessert I enjoy after a meal are real chocolate chip cookies (not the sugar free variety) with my coffee.....usually on the first night I don't get them, but they offer me the sugar free variety, which I turn down.

Viola, the next night, regular chocolate chip cookies.

Then the handy zip lock bags come into use that I have packed.

The best way I have found to get real (not sugar free) chocolate chip cookies is to tell my waiter on the first night in the MDR, that the only dessert I enjoy after a meal are real chocolate chip cookies (not the sugar free variety) with my coffee.....usually on the first night I don't get them, but they offer me the sugar free variety, which I turn down.

Viola, the next night, regular chocolate chip cookies.

Then the handy zip lock bags come into use that I have packed.

I will be trying this technique on our next cruise.:D

I will be trying this technique on our next cruise.:D

I really don't understand why the regular chocolate chip cookies are such a rarity around the ships.....it makes absolutely no sense to me.

I will say on our Allure cruise in the Promenade Café, they had deliciously outrageous double chocolate chip cookies....but I still am a simpleton....loving regular chocolate chip ones.

omg....those are my all time favorite cookies.

that and the Austrian Strietzel Breakfast bread. Last cruise, they didn't have the cookies at the regular buffet, however, I did find them back in the solarium.

I did find a recipe and have made both the Coconut Ranger cookies and the bread.....now...I have them all the time.!!!

I never knew the name of the breakfast bread that I have loved for years and only get when I'm cruising! Now I know and I definitely will be looking for that recipe! Thanks! :D:D:D

...I will say on our Allure cruise in the Promenade Café, they had deliciously outrageous double chocolate chip cookies....but I still am a simpleton....loving regular chocolate chip ones.

While we do enjoy the double chocolate chip variety, the regular version is our first choice!:)

coconut Ranger Cookie recipe:

Thanks for the recipe! How many cookies does this make? I know it depends on the size, but I've figured out that if it yields about 48 cookies, then they're 3 WW points each. So I hope it makes at least that many! :D

• 2 years later...

that and the Austrian Strietzel Breakfast bread. Last cruise, they didn't have the cookies at the regular buffet, however, I did find them back in the solarium.

I did find a recipe and have made[...] the bread.....now...I have them all the time.!!!

is that the supremely yummy tasty bread with the cranberries and the crushed sugar cubes on top? I can eat a whole loaf of that toasted and buttered. in fact I usually go to the CL before breakfast just so I can get a slice.

hmmmmm.. wonder if I could ask the staff at whatever restaurant the suite breakfast is held in on Rhapsody to grill it lightly with my eggs benedict?!

or if you were willing to share your recipe.....:o

is that the supremely yummy tasty bread with the cranberries and the crushed sugar cubes on top? I can eat a whole loaf of that toasted and buttered. in fact I usually go to the CL before breakfast just so I can get a slice.

hmmmmm.. wonder if I could ask the staff at whatever restaurant the suite breakfast is held in on Rhapsody to grill it lightly with my eggs benedict?!

or if you were willing to share your recipe.....:o

cancel... will try to post a bigger pic of the recipe for the bread.

IMG_1484774630.834643.jpg.7a857dd70409624ea4d7cdd458e85490.jpg

Edited by cruzinlady1947

IMG_2610.jpg?t=1484688884

Here is the recipe for the breakfast raisin/cranberry bread. I asked the Chef on the Grandeur for the recipe. He sent it to my cabin and the recipe was for 37 loaves. Someone was kind enough to break it down to one loaf. I hope it works out right.

I haven't made it yet, but will try after my cruise in Feb.

If anyone makes it, come back and tell me how it is.

Gwen :)