Bringing Beer On Board from Shore Visits?

etoilefj

Hi - I'm just wondering if it's going to be a huge hassle if I buy beers at our various stops in Alaska? I know that I can't have it in my stateroom but is there any issue with "checking" it until the cruise is over? Has anyone does anything like this? My husband and I are huge craft beer nerds and I don't want to miss a chance to get some beers I can't find at home.

Thanks!

Hi - I'm just wondering if it's going to be a huge hassle if I buy beers at our various stops in Alaska? I know that I can't have it in my stateroom but is there any issue with "checking" it until the cruise is over? Has anyone does anything like this? My husband and I are huge craft beer nerds and I don't want to miss a chance to get some beers I can't find at home.

Thanks!

We have brought various beers back from different ports and had no problem! Our son is into craft beers & this was his souvenir

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks!

We've brought beer back onboard with us in about 25 different ports now. No one has ever said a word about it.

If they take it, they will hold it until the last night of the cruise.

Yes, they will hold it till the end of the cruise!

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

Hi - I'm just wondering if it's going to be a huge hassle if I buy beers at our various stops in Alaska? My husband and I are huge craft beer nerds and I don't want to miss a chance to get some beers I can't find at home.

Be sure you stay within the 24 cans/person Canadian resident limit for Canadian customs when you return home.

I to like to pick up a six-pack from visited ports, especially if they are in different countries. Last cruise, June-14, they had set up a table and were reviewing liqueur purchases right after the x-ray machine, We just picked the most crowded gangway and than just walked past the table with the boarding masses and didn't have a problem. I'm sure our room attendant enjoyed the assortment of beers left in our cabin on our departure.

I to like to pick up a six-pack from visited ports, especially if they are in different countries. Last cruise, June-14, they had set up a table and were reviewing liqueur purchases right after the x-ray machine, We just picked the most crowded gangway and than just walked past the table with the boarding masses and didn't have a problem. I'm sure our room attendant enjoyed the assortment of beers left in our cabin on our departure.

That would not work on an RCCL cruise.

Besides the security person who is looking at the x-ray screen for dangerous items, there is another person looking at another x-ray screen and this person is dedicated to looking for alcohol purchases (wine, spirits, beer).

On our recent Panama Canal transit, I brought usually under 6 beers, aboard from everywhere we stopped. Really like the Bashia from Aruba. I went back and got another 6 pack after they said nothing about the first ones.

Tim

Disposed of usually means that the crew is thanking you silently. We have seen beer taking from people on every cruise we have been on.

In Asia the ship ran out of Tiger beer on the ship, we found some off, and we were not allow to keep it. Sat at the Dock and drank two.

Disposed of usually means that the crew is thanking you silently. We have seen beer taking from people on every cruise we have been on.

In Asia the ship ran out of Tiger beer on the ship, we found some off, and we were not allow to keep it. Sat at the Dock and drank two.

Security does not give anything confiscated away.

A crew member would loose their job(s).