Summit iLounge Internet Logon

Wine-O

Any recent Summit cruisers who used the iLounge? I'm wondering if Summit has instituted the new internet logon procedures. Celebrity is using a new logon procedure, and the first ship in the fleet was Constellation during their transatlantic last month. I'm wondering if it has reached Summit.

Basically, you no longer need to go to the iLounge to create your username and password by swiping your seapass. You can do this from your stateroom. Just open up your web browser and it will prompt you to create an account. It asks you for your folio number on your seapass which is linked to your on board account. If you are Elite or Elite Plus, your entitled free internet minutes will appear when you create your account. If you are not, it will prompt you to chose a plan. You will be charged directly to your seapass on board account.

You no longer need to sign up for a plan and get charged, then take your coupon up to the iLounge to get the credit back.

This is good news. I am not sure about the Summit, but my husband and I were on the Silhouette in April and we still had to set up our account, turn in the Captain's Club coupon, and wait a day or two for the credit to show up on our account. Hopefully this will be implemented on all the ships very soon. We won't be on the Summit until November.

That's exactly how it worked on the Constellation this month. I set it up from my tablet while in my cabin. They ask you for your birth date, folio number, and you choose username and password. Minutes are already there. They give you an additional free 30 minutes to complete the online cruise survey on the 2nd leg of the B2B. I used the internet on both my tablet and phone as well as their computers occasionally. Connection in Aqua cabin on Deck 9 midship on first cruise was significantly better than the suite on Deck 6 aft on the second. You can only connect one device at a time. It was also set up the same way on Adventure of the Seas last week, too. Definitely simpler now.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Edited by goofysmom99

You can get on the internet by following the instructions on the sheet which can be found in the ILounge. You do not need a person to set it up. Also, if you have CC coupons, fill them out and put them in the box in the Lounge. Improvement? Maybe. They still make mistakes on the postings.