Wow sale / exciting reservation

Quick question

I have a few reservation booked already, can I cancel them and get the benefits of the wow sale?

I booked onboard and the benefit for interior is better with the wow sale

Thanks !!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Quick question

I have a few reservation booked already, can I cancel them and get the benefits of the wow sale?

Thanks !!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

RC will generally disallow this. And yes, they can tell. :)

Quick question

Thanks !!

Your onboard booking is more flexible than the WOW booking. With the WOW, you cannot change ship or sail date without losing the OBC. Also, I noticed a new (at least to me) restriction on the WOW terms that if you ask for a price drop, you lose the OBC. I don't believe the onboard booking has these restrictions.

Thanks a lot Bob.

Do you know with the wow sale, if I book using a travel agent who is offering $100 OBC on the particular 12 night sailing, will I then get Royal Caribbean's $200 as well ?

Thanks a lot Bob.

Do you know with the wow sale, if I book using a travel agent who is offering $100 OBC on the particular 12 night sailing, will I then get Royal Caribbean's $200 as well ?

Generally yes, you can combine TA OBC with Royal OBC. There are a few situations where the TA OBC actually comes from Royal and it cannot be combined, such as if the TA got some group benefits.

Am I understanding the WOW sale correctly?

The sale is only for cruises in June and July of 2014?

As usual their website is a mess since last night.

When I go to their page I try to do a search for the Grandeur which departs Baltimore to the Western Caribbean for 10 days in April 2015 and put in Caribbean and April 2015 the only cruise that comes up is Oasis.

What a way to drum up business.:rolleyes:

Bill

Does it usually state this in the terms & conditions? I don't see it this time.

It usually does state a look back period in the WOW terms, but I don't see it this time.

I called this morning and they said it's for any sailings excluding Anthem and Quantum, not just June and July.

Then why does the website say "any cruise sailing in June and July" is big bold letters? No matter what the rep says I bet the OBC doesn't get added to the reservation if the cruise falls out of that time frame.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Sale is from June 1-4 only for any cruise other than Quantum or Anthem

Has nothing to do with sailing inJuly....you can sail anytime in the future that is available for booking

It also specifically states can NOT be used with C&A discounts, next cruise cert weekly sales, shareholder benefits just to mention a few

And it clearly states for NEW bookings only

Which means for many their D or D+ discounts are worth more than the OBC,

So essentially not so WOW for everyone

I think the best part of it is the reduced deposit, but even those aren't special if you are booking a suite

It still will benefit some and worth it

Ocean boy.....you are correct that the flyer on the RCL website does in fact state sail in June/July but the flyer my TA received from the company makes no mention of June/July

So honestly I have no idea what the real deal is

Sale is from June 1-4 only for any cruise other than Quantum or Anthem

Has nothing to do with sailing inJuly....you can sail anytime in the future that is available for booking

It also specifically states can NOT be used with C&A discounts, next cruise cert weekly sales, shareholder benefits just to mention a few

And it clearly states for NEW bookings only

Which means for many their D or D+ discounts are worth more than the OBC,

So essentially not so WOW for everyone

I think the best part of it is the reduced deposit, but even those aren't special if you are booking a suite

It still will benefit some and worth it

no C & A discounts? that stinks. The cruise I am looking at has almost $150 in C & A discounts. Oh well, like others have said, not so wow.

Bill

Ocean boy.....you are correct that the flyer on the RCL website does in fact state sail in June/July but the flyer my TA received from the company makes no mention of June/July

So honestly I have no idea what the real deal is

I'm putting my money on an error on the web page.

I just received an e-mail from a TA that I have used. There is no mention of the cruise having to be in June or July. However, I did pick out this line in the small print....

"the Offer will be removed from the booking if the guest cancels and reinstates the booking, applies a fare change, or changes the ship or sail date of the booking; certain other changes to the booking may also result in removal of the Offer."

So it appears that if you take advantage of any price drops that occur after you have booked you will loose the OBC. Once again, sort of typical RCI WOW-less sale.

I just received an e-mail from a TA that I have used. There is no mention of the cruise having to be in June or July. However, I did pick out this line in the small print....

"the Offer will be removed from the booking if the guest cancels and reinstates the booking, applies a fare change, or changes the ship or sail date of the booking; certain other changes to the booking may also result in removal of the Offer."

So it appears that if you take advantage of any price drops that occur after you have booked you will loose the OBC. Once again, sort of typical RCI WOW-less sale.

Sounds like they either raised the prices or kept them artificially high to cover the expense of the OBC. Once the sale is over the prices will drop.