What is your experience with Standby Offers?

PunkiC

Do you think they consider your spending habits or automatic OBC?

We are both ex-military, and stockholders and they usually end up owing us a couple of bucks at the end of the cruise.

Also, do you think that existing FCC plays into their selections?

I believe I've seen posts where some of you have checked more than one time period for the standby cruises. How do you do that? All I get is a drop down list where I can pick only 1 time period.

Click 'Less than a week' - that will cover all the time periods.

We are both ex-military, and stockholders and they usually end up owing us a couple of bucks at the end of the cruise.

I've been signed up long before they did the military discount, stockholders or FCCs. Like dorisis said: the last century. I have lived in Portland, OR, Vancouver, BC and LA. I have chosen every combination off and on and never received anything.

I've had cruises book and not booked and it made no difference. I spend tons of money on board. I drink, I buy jewelry, I buy photos and I play Bingo, sometimes I even gamble and mostly use their shore excursions. I usually pay for for my kids and now their kids as well so my spending limit is not an issue.

I logged in with my husband's log in as well. Nothing.

Like many of you, I signed up for the Princess Standby Program some time ago without any luck. One possibility is that they are doing a much better job of filling ships through normal sales and with Flash Flares through travel agents.

There have been reports by CC members regarding offers from Princess to change their voyage due to over-booking. This would suggest that some routes are filling up just fine without using the Standby Program.

PunkiC, it might be worth testing a direct call to Princess a few days to a week prior to a given cruise that you would be ready & willing to take. Princess might be better equipped at taking incoming calls from customers wanting last-minute deals than they are at reaching out through the Standby Program. With the number of Alaska cruises out of Seattle, I would hope that you could at least get one at a great last-minute fare.

If you do try this and it works, please let us all know.

How often do people check cruise on the web site while logged in?

Any correlation between getting the offers and your cruise checking?

do those that have never had an offer ever check prices on princess web site?

Someone who has been checking prices is probably a good candidate to book.

I had tried signing up for standby offers several years ago - no luck, even though I would go in and resave every once in a while.

In the last couple of months I have tried other approaches - I also signed up under my husband's number AND I called and inquired why no offers. I was told it was possibly because I always had something booked, and no other suggestions were made.

But guess what. I am getting standby and other deals now on my cruise personalizer as well as emails.

Edited by bigenna

If that is the criteria, we will never get an offer. We always have at least one FCC and always get lots of OBCs.

I get emails every so often. I haven't paid attention to what day though. I do not think I received them while booked though. I also have been getting many brochures in the regular mail-nothing great with price though.

Are we calling the " Flash Sale emails" the same as " stand by"?

As in " you could be sailing in two weeks..act now" type of email vs " on sale until june 30" email.

Edited by remydiva

As in " you could be sailing in two weeks..act now" type of email vs " on sale until june 30" email.

I have been getting the emails directly from Princess and I believe they say standby. It was something signed up for in the MyPrincess section on their site.

I'm not. They're two different things.

I check the price drops regularly, and I did get an e-mail from my TA on a great deal to Alaska out of Seattle but unfortunately we had a conflict. We will keep watching and hoping.

ry%3D400

I have been getting the standby e-mails for several years, usually every Thursday.

Sometimes when I do have a Princess cruise booked they stop coming, other times they do not.

AS you can see from My Profile screen shot, the last STANDBY email came through on a FRIDAY and other recent email offers on Weds, Thurs and Friday.

Seems hard to believe that some posters have NEVER received an email offer or STANDBY email offer if they signed up to receive them. We usually have a cruise booked, always have FCCs and still seem to get the emails regularly.

The only annoyance is that they stop sending the specials and clearance specials as soon as you have a cruise booked and then it starts up again about one week before your final booked cruise ends. They shouldn't stop sending specials as we could easily grab a cruise before we do the next one we have booked!

Could you use two emails? Sign up for the same offers on both of them but only book with one. That way you keep getting everything...

ry%3D400

AS you can see from My Profile screen shot, the last STANDBY email came through on a FRIDAY and other recent email offers on Weds, Thurs and Friday.

Seems hard to believe that some posters have NEVER received an email offer or STANDBY email offer if they signed up to receive them. We usually have a cruise booked, always have FCCs and still seem to get the emails regularly.

I have NEVER seen that screen before. :confused:

This is what it says, and has always said, under My Dream Deals:

"This is a collection of offers selected for you and emailed over the past few weeks. If you see a blank page, offers may be in the works and your deals will be posted soon. Or, if you haven't registered yet, it's easy to sign up. Simply click on "My Profile," check your address and mark your email preference. Offers don't last long, so book your Dream Deal today"

Edited by PescadoAmarillo

I have NEVER seen that screen before. :confused:

This is what it says, and has always said, under My Dream Deals:

"This is a collection of offers selected for you and emailed over the past few weeks. If you see a blank page, offers may be in the works and your deals will be posted soon. Or, if you haven't registered yet, it's easy to sign up. Simply click on "My Profile," check your address and mark your email preference. Offers don't last long, so book your Dream Deal today"

When i click on >>>VIEW DEALS in the MY DREAM DEALS, It says that at the TOP of the list then underneath are the list of offers that have been emailed to me.

I will post a pic of how i have set my email settings so you can compare to yours?

When i click on >>>VIEW DEALS in the MY DREAM DEALS, It says that at the TOP of the list then underneath are the list of offers that have been emailed to me.

I will post a pic of how i have set my email settings so you can compare to yours?

Please do. I have signed up on the website for standby offers but have NEVER received one. I also rarely get emails of deals; my mother who just cruised with me for the first time a couple of months ago gets them all the time. I have sailed 10 times with princess and don't get them:confused: not even into my spam folder

Dana