BOGOHO + Onboard Credit?

I booked during the initial BOGOHO sale and just noticed that the same category now includes a $50 onboard credit. What are the chances that I could call and have them apply the OBC to my booking? I booked a particular room and don't want to lose it, so I wouldn't want to cancel and re-book. About to head off to work and just wanted to see if you all thought it would be worth giving Royal a call when I get home.

Depends how long you are happy to spend on the phone only to have them tell you the BOGOHO sale is finished, when we know from their emails and website that it has been extended. They told us that we had booked on the 31st, but that is not so as we know it was the 1st...in our country, where the WOW sale had started. So they are maintaining that it was the 31st, but what we want is at least our OBC for using our future cruise cert. Which they allowed us to do.

Confused, well we know some things can't be combined, but when they tell you one thing on the phone, and then email you something different, we are not pleased.

When WOW sales are on though, the waiting time is crazy.

I called RC, inquired about getting the obc with a previously booked cruise under the bogoho rate. Took less than five minutes. RC gave the obc.

JKrise

Same for me on my one BOGOHO res that was not made with a Nexxt Cruise Certificate. Call early in the AM to avoid the aggravation of long holds at peak times.

I have a question here. I have 2 cruises booked (one ordinary booking and one bogoho) and they have gone up both in price since the bookings were made. If I call to ask for the OBC WOW sale, I suppose I have to pay the new price (in which it would not be to our advantage since our 1st cruise has gone up 600$ and the 2nd up by 160$).

Am I correct to think that?

Guylaine

I have a question here. I have 2 cruises booked (one ordinary booking and one bogoho) and they have gone up both in price since the bookings were made. If I call to ask for the OBC WOW sale, I suppose I have to pay the new price (in which it would not be to our advantage since our 1st cruise has gone up 600$ and the 2nd up by 160$).

Guylaine

Yes, that is correct. When I inquired about a cruise I booked during the BOGOHO sale, the rate has since gone up considerably. The rep was willing to add the OBC, but it had to be at the current, 'higher' rate, so it wasn't worth it for us.

Guylaine

They usually make you pay current prices with most changes now.

Where do I go to see that the OBC was applied? I don't see it, but when I called the person I spoke with said she did it. She emailed a new confirmation for one of the cruises, but not for the other one.

You can only see OBC on the emailed booking confirmation.

Hmm... so what if your category is sold out? I wonder how they would figure the current price? :confused:

I don't know but they gave it to me and the category is sold out. I didn't figure I would get it, but I did.

They usually make you pay current prices with most changes now.

That's right. I was lucky and the prices of my two 2015 BOGOHO cruises didn't increase and today had my TA get the obc applied :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I have seen various posts about getting the OBC with the WOW promotion.

I booked 2 weeks ago with BOGOHO and also received my C&A cabin credit. The cruise booked is the same price with the current BOGOHO still running however Royal says the WOW promotion cannot be combined with the C&A discount. This seems contrary to some of the posts I have read.

I have seen various posts about getting the OBC with the WOW promotion.

I booked 2 weeks ago with BOGOHO and also received my C&A cabin credit. The cruise booked is the same price with the current BOGOHO still running however Royal says the WOW promotion cannot be combined with the C&A discount. This seems contrary to some of the posts I have read.

The BOGOHO can be combined with C&A balcony or coupon discount, but the WOW cannot.

Edited by clarea

The BOGOHO can be combined with C&A balcony or coupon discount, but the WOW cannot.

That's how I understand it. The two BOGOHO cruises I was able to apply the WOW obc on were inside cabins with no next cruise credit or and C&A discounts.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Is it safe to say if I used a Next Cruise certificate to book our cruise last week, we wouldn't be able to get the WOW OBC?

You would not be able to get the WOW OBC in addition to the Next Cruise OBC. One or the other.

Another confirmation that you cannot combine Next Cruise Certificate OBC with the current WOW OBC offerings. I just booked a cruise on the Freedom, and mentioned that I had a NCC with $100 OBC, but was told that the WOW sale $100 OBC was not combinable with the WOW $100 OBC.

I thought it was still a decent deal - reduced deposit $100 pp, and a $100OBC, and the BOGO price too. I think $777 pp for an E2 balcony during spring break is a decent price on the Freedom. Plus, I get to sail out of Canaveral again! Love that port.

He did say I could switch cabins within the same category without penalty or price increases. Not that I will - middle hump 8338 is a nice location.

Thanks to all the wonderful people here at CC. I just called and got my $100 OBC. I booked last week during BOGOHO & figured I was out of luck. Thanks!!!:D

Edited by Jax129

I just called my TA and they were able to add the WOW OBC to my account.

They didn't mention anything about my Next Cruise OBC, but I'm assuming that I will just get the $50 instead of the $25 with the Next Cruise for our 3 day cruise.

Edited by jenmcnitt

Thanks to a co-worker for mentioning the new on-board credit WOW promo to me this morning and then seeing this post this afternoon to remind me to call. I just got off the phone with RCI and got the $100 on-board credit applied to a 7-day cruise I booked on 5/23 for 5/10/15.

I do want to add this though:

I mentioned it to my wife this morning after I found out about it and asked her if she could call and check on it if she had some free time. Well, I didn't hear from her all morning, so I went ahead and called a little bit ago and got it added. While I was on the phone with RCI, she tried calling me, so I called her back when I finished talking with RCI. She told me she just got off the phone with RCI and they told her they couldn't add it and that we would have to cancel our original reservations and then immediately re-book to get the new promotion. I just laughed and told her I just got it taken care of.

TL;DR

If the person you talk to first doesn't give it to you, just call back.

Edited by dcnorman07
wording error

I had 8338on Freedom last year& its a great cabin. Trying to get again next year but its not available

$777 pp is an amazing price!!

I thought it was still a decent deal - reduced deposit $100 pp, and a $100OBC, and the BOGO price too. I think $777 pp for an E2 balcony during spring break is a decent price on the Freedom.

He did say I could switch cabins within the same category without penalty or price increases. Not that I will - middle hump 8338 is a nice location.