15 days and counting - Jade

Ta8633

I just felt the need to get excited about my Greece cruise. So many exciting things happening. We just updated to a 2 bedroom family suite from 2 ocean views. Have a butler and concierge. Who knew! Maybe I will ask for them to pick out all of the green m&m's. Lol. Just kidding.

I just bought a house and move 4 days before I leave for Venice and the cruise. Not the way I had planned but at least it's something to look forward to. It's a lot happening for my 40th BDay. :D

I've had lots of great tips so far but always love to hear more. I never want to miss out on anything. Tips on the butler and/or concierge? Tips for the Jade? Venice tips (besides getting lost)? Places to eat in Venice?

I'm so excited if you haven't noticed.

Wow!! You are going to need to relax once you're on board LOL.

Venice, have fun!! Had a great little dinner in a restaurant down some alley, haven't the slightest clue where it was, but maybe you can find something like that.

Take good walking shoes!!!!!

Don't stress, enjoy yourselves and by all means let yourselves be pampered in that suite!

have fun. what ports do you visit? Are you going to Venice early and getting a hotel? Take pictures on the ship, I will be sailing Jade next year.

Edited by AF-1
spelling

Congrats on the upgrade. You will love the haven. We made good use of the hot tub in the courtyard on the sister ship pearl. Make sure you rinse out your suit as the chlorine will eat it up. I wish I had brought a swim cap to protect my hair when using hot tubs and the spa.

I love music and brought a little ihome radio so I could listen to my iTunes. Very relaxing to sit in that master bath tub and watch the sea/listen to my own music.

I asked my butler to switch out the sparkling wine upon embarkation for some Pellegrini.

Don't try to add water to the lavisio espresso machine. Let your butler do it. I messed mine up then had to wait for him to fix it. Those espressos are very addictive.

We are sailing the Jade 14 day may 2, 2015 no suite though. Hope you post a detailed review of your trip. Not a whole lot on here about the jade.

Have fun!

I don't imagine us ever cruising with access to a butler or concierge. Lucky you!

I found podcast 132 about butler services at http://www.tipsfortravellers.com/podcast/ interesting, and hopefully there are some good ideas here that you can put to good use.

We are travelling to the Greek Islands on the Jade next June so I would love to read any review you write, and if anyone knows where to source some dailies for this itinerary please shout out.

Have an awesome cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are also taking this cruise(May 16,2015) To jazzed for words, have already started checking out the ports and trying to find a hotel for the day after the cruise..

As others have said "Let us know everything when you get back"

Enjoy your cruise and Have a Cocktail for Me!!!:eek:

thanks everyone. This will probably be the only time I ever utilize a suite and/or butler service again. My friend and I decided to splurge this one time.

We leave from Venice and hit the 4 Greek ports. Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos and Olympia. We have book excursions for 3 thru the cruise ship...Best of Corfu, Scenic views of Mykonos and Best of Olympia.

For Santorini, we have booked a private tour.

We are arriving in Venice 2 days early and have a hotel. http://www.hotelpausania.it

It seems nice and has relatively good reviews from Trip Adviser.

We have also booked a car service from the airport to the Hotel. http://www.venicegroupservices.com - It is pricey (as is everything in Venice) but I didn't want to have to deal with finding a taxi for land and water. So they will pick us up at the airport and then drive us to a private water taxi that will pull up in front of our hotel. To me, this will be better than lugging my bags around. It also includes a pick up at the port when we return from the cruise.

I will definitely write a review afterwards.

We are also taking this cruise(May 16,2015) To jazzed for words, have already started checking out the ports and trying to find a hotel for the day after the cruise..

As others have said "Let us know everything when you get back"

Enjoy your cruise and Have a Cocktail for Me!!!:eek:

We are on same cruise; May 9-23 2015; maybe we will see you at meet and mingle.

Timmy

Congratulations!

We've been a couple of times and in Venice it worked best to buy an all day ticket for the vaporetto (public canal transportation). Decide ahead of time what you want to see and you will save lots of time using the vaporetto. St. Mark's Square is a must but we enjoyed going out to Murano as well.

thanks everyone. This will probably be the only time I ever utilize a suite and/or butler service again. My friend and I decided to splurge this one time.

We leave from Venice and hit the 4 Greek ports. Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos and Olympia. We have book excursions for 3 thru the cruise ship...Best of Corfu, Scenic views of Mykonos and Best of Olympia.

For Santorini, we have booked a private tour.

We are arriving in Venice 2 days early and have a hotel. http://www.hotelpausania.it

It seems nice and has relatively good reviews from Trip Adviser.

We have also booked a car service from the airport to the Hotel. http://www.venicegroupservices.com - It is pricey (as is everything in Venice) but I didn't want to have to deal with finding a taxi for land and water. So they will pick us up at the airport and then drive us to a private water taxi that will pull up in front of our hotel. To me, this will be better than lugging my bags around. It also includes a pick up at the port when we return from the cruise.

I will definitely write a review afterwards.

Sounds like a good plan. Enjoy your cruise! Sounds like you'll be busy and won't have much time for relaxing.

I'm so jealous, I'd love to be back on the Jade. Had the best time in April. Wonderful staff, friendly, smiling all the time. One particular guy who welcomed us on board with lots of crazy dancing, & also did washy washy was great fun.

I loved the Great Outdoors for breakfast. Loved the crepes station at night. Elements show & Roberto & Dorota were amazing.

Just off the Independence of the Seas last week & spent most of the time wishing we were on the Jade.

I just felt the need to get excited about my Greece cruise. So many exciting things happening. We just updated to a 2 bedroom family suite from 2 ocean views. Have a butler and concierge. Who knew! Maybe I will ask for them to pick out all of the green m&m's. Lol. Just kidding.

I just bought a house and move 4 days before I leave for Venice and the cruise. Not the way I had planned but at least it's something to look forward to. It's a lot happening for my 40th BDay. :D

I've had lots of great tips so far but always love to hear more. I never want to miss out on anything. Tips on the butler and/or concierge? Tips for the Jade? Venice tips (besides getting lost)? Places to eat in Venice?

I'm so excited if you haven't noticed.

We did this cruise twice (because we loved it so much the first time) just finishing our second trip May 17.

In Santorini make sure you are there for the sunset - we went for dinner at an amazing place just down from the Scottish Bar ( you can't miss the bar) I don't recall the restaurant name but it had a Tripadvisor recommended sign next to the posted menu. Go to the roof patio (it will be enclosed if windy or cool) and enjoy the view. Bring your camera!

In Venice avoid places near busy tourist areas to eat or places that have picture menus ( they tend to be tourist traps) Find a place off the beaten path for the best (and cheaper priced) food.

Enjoy the Jade! Rico the current CD is a great guy and very personable. He always had time to talk to anyone he saw and really wanted to ensure everyone was having fun. Also pay attention to Captain Lar's when he does his messages - they are actually very funny. The crew when we were on were all very friendly and couldn't do enough for us.

Enjoy yourself! The Jade is a great ship.

Ooo I'm VERY jealous!! We did the Greek Islands on the beautiful Jade last summer and loved every moment! :)

The Jade is a lovely ship with a great crew, helpful, polite and extremely pleasant, you're sure to love it.

I did a review in case you care to read it.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1900370

I also have some photos here:https://www.flickr.com/photos/80194400@N03/ which include some Freestyle dailies that may be helpful.

Enjoy your cruise! :)