Stupid website vent

Arrrgggg!!!! I'm trying to book shore excursions, and RCI website seems to be having an attack of stupid! I know, surprise, right?!! It wont let me book more than one person on the reservation at a time...when I choose 4 as the number of guests, click on all of us, it says I've not chosen 4 guests. After 20 minutes of fooling with it, I decided to do it one of us at a time, and that workd for DH and I, though it is a pita to plug in all the credit info each time. Went to do the kids, they're in their own connecting cabin, and the reservations are linked. The choose one trick didn't work, the site doesn't recognize them as a guest, even with the link. And when I went to their reservation, I can't book them because they're minors. Ugh! I know I can do this onboard, but I was trying to take care of this before we go, I'd rather have everything paid beforehand.

Ok, vent over. Thanks for listening.

Arrrgggg!!!! I'm trying to book shore excursions, and RCI website seems to be having an attack of stupid! I know, surprise, right?!! It wont let me book more than one person on the reservation at a time...when I choose 4 as the number of guests, click on all of us, it says I've not chosen 4 guests. After 20 minutes of fooling with it, I decided to do it one of us at a time, and that workd for DH and I, though it is a pita to plug in all the credit info each time. Went to do the kids, they're in their own connecting cabin, and the reservations are linked. The choose one trick didn't work, the site doesn't recognize them as a guest, even with the link. And when I went to their reservation, I can't book them because they're minors. Ugh! I know I can do this onboard, but I was trying to take care of this before we go, I'd rather have everything paid beforehand.

I feel your pain!!! I keep getting the message that my credit card is not valid, even though there is nothing on the card except the balance of my cruise I just put on there Sunday!!

I was able to finally get my Coke package purchased by using a suggestion made by a poster here on CC to "mush" my address line to 15 characters on less.

Unfortunately it didn't work when I tried to book the excusion.....:mad: I have been trying to two weeks to get this done, but so far no luck. I agree it's very frustrating!!

Their whole online presence is just terrible. Every 3 or 4 months I give them a go but I just cannot stand to use it. I refuse to sail them until they bring their website into the 1990's. I can't think of a company even close to their size that has such a useless website. It's something you'd expect from... Well I don't know what but it's just flat-out terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same problem too, but finally, after trying to book several times, figured it out. At the bottom of the page it asks if you want to add guests from another reservation, and right next to that is a button to "add guests". At first I thought this was related to the guests from another reservation, but after several failed attempts, decided to click on "add guests" to see what happened. Clicking on "add guests" added all of us, who'd have thunk it :p Problem solved, and excursion booked.

Am I the only one who wonders who the IT people are related to or what secret they "know" that keeps them employed?

Me too!

I think they should all be sent to Amazon to learn how to let people shop online without tearing their hair out! :)

I had exactly the same problem when I tried to book 4 people on an excursion, and we have 2 linked cabins etc. When I finally got through to customer services, they said it was because there were only 2 places left on the time slot I wanted and that was why it wouldn't recognise the 4 people. They said there were still slots available as they hold back places for people who don't have the "know how" to book online, and we should try booking when we get onboard. Hope you get sorted :)

I feel your pain. This is exactly the same issue I am having. I called RCI and notified them of the issue. They said the are "looking into it". It is so frustrating!!! Even the RCI agent could not book it for me. She suggested to try back at a later date. CRAZINESS.

I had the same problem too, but finally, after trying to book several times, figured it out. At the bottom of the page it asks if you want to add guests from another reservation, and right next to that is a button to "add guests". At first I thought this was related to the guests from another reservation, but after several failed attempts, decided to click on "add guests" to see what happened. Clicking on "add guests" added all of us, who'd have thunk it :p Problem solved, and excursion booked.

THANK YOU!!! This worked. I saw that button, but it looked like it was attached to the "look up guests" option. I thought when I clicked on each of us, that was selecting how many guests, as the boxes were now highlighted. Silly me. I cancelled the first reservation, and added the kids using this new trick, and now all is well.

Although my question is not about booking excursions or restaurants, I do have a website question.

I placed a cruise on hold yesterday. I just got off the phone with RCL to finalize the booking and to pay the 50% reduced deposit which you can not do online. No problems with the payment and I received a confirmation via email. However, when I go into my account, the reservation shows the reduced deposit paid but the status is still On Hold. Is this normal during the WOW sale?

Although my question is not about booking excursions or restaurants, I do have a website question.

I placed a cruise on hold yesterday. I just got off the phone with RCL to finalize the booking and to pay the 50% reduced deposit which you can not do online. No problems with the payment and I received a confirmation via email. However, when I go into my account, the reservation shows the reduced deposit paid but the status is still On Hold. Is this normal during the WOW sale?

Just checked again and now the status is Purchased. YAY!

I have been trying to download the shore excursion booklet for our cruise so my granddaughter can look through it but it doesn't work. Anybody know any tricks to get it to work?

It will only download if Adobe Acrobat installed.I Can't download on I pad or similar device but have successfully downloaded on laptops before

Edited by Spurschick

It will only download if Adobe Acrobat installed.I Can't download on I pad or similar device but have successfully downloaded on laptops before

If it's a pdf, you can open it in "I books" on an iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If it's a pdf, you can open it in "I books" on an iPad.

I'm not very computer savvy:rolleyes:

I can download on my laptops fine but when I try to download on I pad can't even get it to download:confused: how do I download it to I books? I prefer reading on my pad than on laptop but can't download it on here at all. Please help:)

I'm not very computer savvy:rolleyes:

I can download on my laptops fine but when I try to download on I pad can't even get it to download:confused: how do I download it to I books? I prefer reading on my pad than on laptop but can't download it on here at all. Please help:)

E-mail the downloaded laptop pdf to yourself as an attachment. Open the e-mail on iPad. Click on attached pdf and it will download and open. Depending on what reader apps you have it may give you a choice of "open in..."

If you open it in IBooks, you can save it to your library.

Am I the only one who wonders who the IT people are related to or what secret they "know" that keeps them employed?

As someone in web development, I've wondered this frequently.

However I've been able to book excursions for our upcoming cruise without issues. One suggestion I have is to try using a different browser if you are having issues.

I had an issue with the website yesterday that is a little different.

I used the advanced search function to select an April 27, 2016 cruise on grandeur. After entering the various bits of info and clicking on the graphic for the April 27 cruise I clicked on book now. I selected a JS and did a courtesy hold.

But, the website had changed between screens to the Nov 11 cruise for same ship and itinerary. I called Crown and Anchor. Their rep had the same thing happen. I even tried the button that says something like "make a change to this cruise" and again selected the April date. It still takes me to the Nov date. C & A was able to do the hold for me--so all is well. However, it was not possible for me to hold or book this date using the website. :confused:

They thanked me for showing them the problem and said they would fix it. But, it is still there this am.