Does anyone else Hate all the noise on the Lido??

marshhawk

Since they went to the DJ the volume is too loud. This isn't a concert, you should be able to talk to the person next to you. And if the only reason to be on the lido deck was to listen to music then the comments to just not go there if it is too loud would be valid. But, since it's not...

I'm not a fan of the can't hear anything anyone is saying Lido Deck..geesh :rolleyes: really? I'm all for the fun music, dancing..wahoo have a good time but Jiminy Christmas I'd like to be able to hear my hubby in the chair beside me talking! I laughed when they tried to " upgrade" me to a cabin beneath the lido deck..lol lol..NO WAY...

Agree that it is too loud to be enjoyable to me. But others (most?) on the ship seem to like it.

But even if the noise level was in my comfort zone, I would not hang around the lido deck pool area. I do not get the attraction of it all. I would rather just sit on our balcony and watch the waves go by.

One of the many reasons I have distanced myself from Carnival.

When I was a new comer to cruising, I tried Carnival mainly for price, and stuck with them for a decade and maybe 15 cruises. However, during that time, I usually found myself enjoying the aft area, esp. on ships like the Valor that had an adult only section astern. I'd go midship Lido only for the sailaway party and sometimes for the live steel drum or reggae band.

They say if the music is too loud, then you're too old. I dislike recorded music on a ship, or a DJ who is fond of his own voice. I guess I'm just too old for the Carnival Lido scene.

I have yet to go on a cruise...but I booked my trip on the Fun Ship because I wanted to have fun! And to me that means dancing to lively music by the pool. I'm looking forward to the DJ and the energetic vibe of the Lido deck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Just got off the Legend Sunday. It was not a problem and actually much quieter than in the past. I think Carnival is listening to the numerous complaints about the loud music on the Lido. Also, very few announcements on our cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our last three cruises, we have found that the noise level on the Lido deck is way out of control. My boss used to kid me about having "old" ears, but she cruised with me last and even she said it was over the top. I do keep reading reviews that complain, but how can we make a change? I like music, but not to the point when I cant hear you talk, or myself think. Any one else having a problem with the noise?

I agree that the music is too loud, only because it is hard to find a place to "escape" from it. Maybe limit speakers to one side of the deck?!

The question here isn't if the music is too lively, or too fun, or if there is a quiet place to go, it's about the VOLUME of the music. Yes, it is WAY too loud on the Lido Deck. When you can't hear someone from a foot away, yelling at you, it's TOO LOUD. The music can be on the loud side, it can be fun, it can be lively, but it doesn't have to deafen people. There is a difference between loud and TOO loud.

I don't really believe that this is true.

But perhaps drunk folk like things loud?

I dont drink...... I see the same thing in churches. The larger churches who are going to the praise bands who crank the volume up as opposed to traditional piano and organ. Generation x and y and the newest group whatever they are called like the music turned up. We are also a visual group too. You will find that most people dont like the new playlist productions. But people under 40 like the visual scenery. It is just a generational difference dosent have anything to do with being drunk.

Edited by kybluecruiser

I have yet to go on a cruise...but I booked my trip on the Fun Ship because I wanted to have fun! And to me that means dancing to lively music by the pool. I'm looking forward to the DJ and the energetic vibe of the Lido deck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

You're going to love it!! There are plenty of places to go if you choose to be in a quiet atmosphere. The music is only loud and lively in ONE place consistently - and that's on the Lido Deck. My hearing has yet to be at risk by being exposed to a few days of loud music on a ship.:rolleyes:

I've cruised most of the major North American cruise lines, and I have not experienced the noise level that Carnival's Lido deck has on any other line. IMO this became more of a problem when Carnival introduced the DJ to the Lido deck. I think it is to be expected when you put a 21 year old in charge of the music.

John Heald stated on his social media page a while back that Carnival was going to turn the volume down due to so many complaints about it, but apparently that was just lip service.

He seems to be cycling through these days with the same issues and even the same stories, with no changes even after the feedback they were not expecting. The latest was the lido music, and post after post, response after response is that the music is just too loud.

Yet the only change ends up being endless discussions on undergarments.

I was annoyed by the loud music. I wanted to lay by the pool and relax, not have my ear drums smashed by loud music.

Would move up to the lounges near serenity, between the stairs leading down to the serenity deck and the stairs leading down to lido on Pride. It was a nice place, I could see the ocean, and relax and could just hear the music. Good compromise for me.

Now my wife and 4 year old loved the loud music and would frequently spend time pool side.

I guess I am an old man, I don't even listen to music loud in my car. If I walk into a restaurant and the music is loud I turn around and walk out the door.

Loud just being out there, sitting out in the evening, having a smoke, enjoying the sunset, or the sunrise with a cup of coffee.

Go ahead, laugh now, but the lock and handle fell out of the ladies room door while I was in the stall, and I screamed for 20 minutes one night on the Elation, because no one could hear me. Why have it LOUD all the time? I think it's to keep the employees moving, I have read some think it is to keep us in party mode, and sometimes people think it is to keep everyone off the Lido deck, but the problem has primary been on the Fantasy class ships at the front pool area. They could just have quiet time, from 6 to 9 a.m., and from 6-9 p.m.. and just see what happens.:rolleyes:FONT]

I agree with the quiet time. We are early risers and are on the lido deck at 6:00. They turn on HLN and have the volume cranked. Do I really need to have the news that loud? I'm out there to enjoy the morning air and can't even talk to DH because the volume is so loud.

Any recent cruisers out there who have noticed the volume has been turned down?

Loud is the future. Younger generations under the age of 40 like things loud.

I know I liked my music loud when I was in my teens, but basically when I wasn't engaging in any kind of conversation.

Add that layer of EXTREME BASS, and it's now nothing but a nuisance.