Skysuite

Winters Gate

I am looking at a cruise in Janurari 2016 and are interested in booking a Skysuite on Solstice. Because it is far in the future, there are many cabin options left, is there any Skysuites that are better than others, or are there suites that are bad for some reason?

S1 SS are larger have a much larger balcony. They are located on the aft corners. The only big negative is the long walk to the elevators.....but the cabin is really nice.

S2 SS----I would book one as near to the elevators as possible.

Either one I would book as high as I could for proximity to the pool area---pool bar and grille----and Oceanview buffet and bar

I think you have to be very careful not to book one that is directly under the Oceanview café. Many have reported lots of noise as they wheel the carts around in the café in the early mornings. If you can swing an S1, I would grab that--they look great!!

I am looking at a cruise in Janurari 2016 and are interested in booking a Skysuite on Solstice. Because it is far in the future, there are many cabin options left, is there any Skysuites that are better than others, or are there suites that are bad for some reason?

We love the Aft Sky Suites- the view is wonderful and it is nice a quiet- Deck 8 was the best IMO. Enjoy your cruise.

We've had 1 S1 - the aft wrap on Eclipse on the Penthouse deck. It was amazing but I will warn you - it is windy on the corners. My next cruise I have a C1 booked on the aft - but no corner. You'll love the butler service and we enjoyed the walk back and forth - keeps the lbs at bay. :D Book one and enjoy.

We had an S1 aft on the Reflection in March and while I loved the extra room on the deck I did find It really windy some days.Our friends had S2 next door and was a lot easier to have breakfast because less wind. We also would not book under restaurant again I thought it would not be a problem but it was a little louder than expected.Oct.2015 we have booked the S2 aft that our friends had but one floor below but on the Equinox.It is a bit of a walk but we love the view from the aft and any extra exercise is good.I had just looked again and the only sky suite that were left looked like they were under the ocean view.So we are glad we booked far ahead.

We usually book a S1 corner aft on deck 8,9 or 10. This is a lovely suite with a huge porthole window and a slider door. The only catch is the closets are 1/2 the size of an S2 bc if the layout. Also note there could be a support pole in the cabin which did not bother us.

Last year we booked a S2 aft room and actually liked it better. No porthole, but twice as much closet space (mom and daughter trip so we have a lot of stuff!). And the way the room is configured for some reason this room felt larger to us. The balcony is a very nice size and the views...obviously spectaular.

We never mind the walk to the cabin. It takes a minute or two longer to get from the elevators, but I cannot for the life of me understand the moaning about the "long trek" to an from the elevators. We are happy for a little extra exercise.

Unless you want a fully covered balcony, do not book the top deck. You will hear noise of people and chairs from the Oceanview seating area above.

Nice extras are: One free specialty dining coupon for those in your cabin; bulgari amenities; nicer towels; sparkling wine; daily fruit (three green apples); butler service; afternoon canapes and tea service (you can also ask for shrimp cocktail, crudite, sliced fruit, etc.); bathtub in the bathroom; large teak table on balcony with reclining chairs and footstools; slippers; plush robes; fresh flowers.

Happy Sailing.

We usually book a S1 corner aft on deck 8,9 or 10. This is a lovely suite with a huge porthole window and a slider door. The only catch is the closets are 1/2 the size of an S2 bc if the layout. Also note there could be a support pole in the cabin which did not bother us.

Last year we booked a S2 aft room and actually liked it better. No porthole, but twice as much closet space (mom and daughter trip so we have a lot of stuff!). And the way the room is configured for some reason this room felt larger to us. The balcony is a very nice size and the views...obviously spectaular.

We never mind the walk to the cabin. It takes a minute or two longer to get from the elevators, but I cannot for the life of me understand the moaning about the "long trek" to an from the elevators. We are happy for a little extra exercise.

Unless you want a fully covered balcony, do not book the top deck. You will hear noise of people and chairs from the Oceanview seating area above.

Nice extras are: One free specialty dining coupon for those in your cabin; bulgari amenities; nicer towels; sparkling wine; daily fruit (three green apples); butler service; afternoon canapes and tea service (you can also ask for shrimp cocktail, crudite, sliced fruit, etc.); bathtub in the bathroom; large teak table on balcony with reclining chairs and footstools; slippers; plush robes; fresh flowers.

Happy Sailing.

I am glad we booked the S2 because of the extra space not that I overpack but love my stuff better separated!! And you really get use to the long trek if we had mobility problems we would rethink.But I do believe we are spoiled now.We were just going to book aqua but were Willing to spend more for 13 day to have more space and a butler :)

We had an S1 aft on the Reflection in March and while I loved the extra room on the deck I did find It really windy some days.Our friends had S2 next door and was a lot easier to have breakfast because less wind. We also would not book under restaurant again I thought it would not be a problem but it was a little louder than expected.Oct.2015 we have booked the S2 aft that our friends had but one floor below but on the Equinox.It is a bit of a walk but we love the view from the aft and any extra exercise is good.I had just looked again and the only sky suite that were left looked like they were under the ocean view.So we are glad we booked far ahead.

Hmmm- Maybe we should conside an S2 next time- a little less money and I like the idea of a larger closet- We had the S1 on the Silhouette this winter- I "assume" the layout is the same on the other solstice class ships-anybody confirm?

Txs

We've done the S1 but not the S2. I can't imagine needing a bigger closet. We had 4 large empty drawers and 2 empty shelves!

I was going to book a CS for our next 14nt, but DH wanted the aft corner S1 again.

It will be a S2 and the suites that are available are 2114-2122 and 2155 and 2150, does anyone know which one you should choose from them?

If you must 2155 or 2150, BUT note you will get no sun (full overhang and imp quite dark) and there will be noise from the deck above.

I would suggest 1667 or 1669 on the deck below.

Hmmm- Maybe we should conside an S2 next time- a little less money and I like the idea of a larger closet- We had the S1 on the Silhouette this winter- I "assume" the layout is the same on the other solstice class ships-anybody confirm?

Txs

S1 corner afts all have the same layout. Other than aft S1s are exactly the same size/layout as an S2 just in what they say is a better location. S2 afts are the best deal around in my book and the way more than a little less expensive. It was more that $500 less.

Our favorites are on deck 11, the penthouse deck, cabins 1663 and 1666, which are the next to the top deck. I realize the numbers may be different on some S class ships although I know for certain on Equinox and Eclipse they're the same.

There are cabins above and cabins underneath which is how we like it.

We also love the long walk to the elevators and stairs. With all the food - even eating as clean as we can, we still consume more calories than we probably ought to, so the walks are one small way to help. It's also very quiet back there. And the wrap around view.....no better place for sail away than your own S1 balcony.

We find plenty of room for storage in a regular sized cabin, and in a sky suite (we've had S1s and S2s on both M class and S class ships) we end up having empty drawers. And we're the type to keep minimal stuff out - I hate a cluttered cabin! We each keep a large suit case open under the bed for dirty clothes and seldom-used things, and shoes are all on the floor of the closet.

Great room, have a wonderful cruise!

Our favorites are on deck 11, the penthouse deck, cabins 1663 and 1666, which are the next to the top deck. I realize the numbers may be different on some S class ships although I know for certain on Equinox and Eclipse they're the same.

There are cabins above and cabins underneath which is how we like it.

We also love the long walk to the elevators and stairs. With all the food - even eating as clean as we can, we still consume more calories than we probably ought to, so the walks are one small way to help. It's also very quiet back there. And the wrap around view.....no better place for sail away than your own S1 balcony.

We find plenty of room for storage in a regular sized cabin, and in a sky suite (we've had S1s and S2s on both M class and S class ships) we end up having empty drawers. And we're the type to keep minimal stuff out - I hate a cluttered cabin! We each keep a large suit case open under the bed for dirty clothes and seldom-used things, and shoes are all on the floor of the closet.

Great room, have a wonderful cruise!

I agree about the S1 having plenty of closet and drawer space- but the S2's are cheaper- We do bring a lot of clothes, especially for a two week cruise! On our next Eclipse two week cruise in January, the rates for the S1 and S2 was so expensive that we got a great rate for a CC cabin and will manage. The price was half of what the S2's are!

Something to think about.

We just came off the Summit and booked the Equinox SS2. We had to book what was available but the rep told me to look twice a day and see if one comes available. The trip is not till March 2015 so I figured that would work!! IT DID!! Wanted AFT 1667 and today it came available and I booked it with no problem. No penalty like loosing your OBC. You can move your room as long as it is in the same category. So book something and if they do not have the room you want just wait it out and hopefully something will work out for you.

Happy Sailing:D

S1 corner afts all have the same layout. Other than aft S1s are exactly the same size/layout as an S2 just in what they say is a better location. S2 afts are the best deal around in my book and the way more than a little less expensive. It was more that $500 less.

Some of the Corner Aft S1's have a pole in the middle of the room and I believe at least 2 have 2 poles. In some of these with the pole, the sofa may be smaller or placed in a different spot or a chair I believe.... I've not seen enough in person to know, but have seen some pictures with a pole, others without and read about the 2 pole corner aft. may vary ship to ship, or M to S class as well.

If you must 2155 or 2150, BUT note you will get no sun (full overhang and imp quite dark) and there will be noise from the deck above.

I would suggest 1667 or 1669 on the deck below.

No sun and noise from the deck above does not sound so good. But I did not realise there where SS on deck 11 as well and cabin 1667 are available so I guess that will be the best option then!

Thank you for the help.

This is not quite true. Some have the sofa along the side wall, some have the sofa along the wall with the bathroom. Some are wider, some are longer. They are all basically the same, but do varry a bit.

Some of the Corner Aft S1's have a pole in the middle of the room and I believe at least 2 have 2 poles. In some of these with the pole, the sofa may be smaller or placed in a different spot or a chair I believe.... I've not seen enough in person to know, but have seen some pictures with a pole, others without and read about the 2 pole corner aft. may vary ship to ship, or M to S class as well.

This is true Curt Even on the same deck on different ships (I don't know if it was side of the ship, or ship related, but I've been in both corner S1s on deck 9, one on Equinox and one on Eclipse, port had 1 pole, starboard had 2 poles.

I would order the corner S1s in this order

Deck 11 Nice and high, no obstructions, no public deck above

Deck 9 Very Small obstruction, not bad

Deck 7

Deck 8 Some obstruction on the side

Deck 6 On all ships but Reflection and Sillouete, you have a large blue roof below

Deck 10 Large side obstruction from window washing equipment

Deck 12 Under public space

The S1s are a good value for cabin size compared to the CS on S-Class which have no in room dining table and seem much smaller than the CS on M-Class

The S2 aft on deck 11 are a great value as well, very roomy, only downside at all really is no wrap around balcony/large second window.

We pesonally like a bright and sunny cabin, so avoid all of the cabins on any ship under and overhang. Sometime the Balconies do get hot, but we generally use them for breakfast when it is cooler and afternoons and early evening for dinner and spend mid day nearer the pool where we can cool off anyway.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I would order the corner S1s in this order

Deck 11 Nice and high, no obstructions, no public deck above

Deck 9 Very Small obstruction, not bad

Deck 7

Deck 8 Some obstruction on the side

Deck 6 On all ships but Reflection and Sillouete, you have a large blue roof below

Deck 10 Large side obstruction from window washing equipment

Deck 12 Under public space

We were on Deck 10 S1 (1198) on our last cruise and I would only consider the window washing equipment an obstruction if I were being really, really, really picky. It did not bother us at all. We had one pole in the room near the foot of the bed. I was hardly noticed.

We have booked the same corner on Deck 11 for our next 2 cruises.

We don't mind the walk to the back of the ship, but DH has some knee problems that can act up after days of walking and he wanted one less flight of stairs to the pool deck.:)

We were on Deck 10 S1 (1198) on our last cruise and I would only consider the window washing equipment an obstruction if I were being really, really, really picky. It did not bother us at all. We had one pole in the room near the foot of the bed. I was hardly noticed.

We have booked the same corner on Deck 11 for our next 2 cruises.

We don't mind the walk to the back of the ship, but DH has some knee problems that can act up after days of walking and he wanted one less flight of stairs to the pool deck.:)

We were on the Silhouette in cabin 8340 (think that was the number) It was a great S1. We not only had the sliding glass doors, but also a wonderful window, so the Suite was light. We did have a pole in the cabin, but it was in a good position and wasn't an obstruction at all, the window did have a window washing cage off to the side-but didn't block our visability. We liked the wrap around balcony and while we did get a little soot- the cabin attendents did a nice job cleaning daily ensuring that it wouldn't cause us any problem. I didn't like the fact that it was always very sunny and not great to eat breakfast on because of the sun- but if you closed the curtains, sun wasn't a problem and the cabin was always cool. The walk was fine and provided us with a little exercise a few times a day. Our butler Domnick was wonderful! The best butler we ever had!

However, it was more expensive then an S2 and if the price is significantly different, will take the S2 in the future. Both the S1 and S2 are so expensive for our upcoming Eclipse two week cruise in January, so we are taking a CC cabin-which is also fine. Since we cruise frequently, we have to consider our budget.

Edited by Cruise a holic

I am looking for a high S1 on the smoke free side. This post on the S class cabin spread sheet contradicts the post above that S1 on Deck 11 are free of the window washing equipment. It is from Wine-O who is an experienced Celebrity cruiser. Help, please - thanks.

His post:

SHIP: Reflection

CABIN #: 1688

DECK #: 11

CLASS: S1

AREA: Back Aft Starboard Corner

BED NEAR: bathroom

QUIET?: yes

BALCONY VIEW: Aft and Starboard

BALCONY SIZE: extra large with an angle

WIND A PROBLEM?:no

SOOT A PROBLEM?:no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This is not one of their better S1's. We had more closet hanging/shelf and drawer space in one of their S2 staterooms.

On the balcony to the starboard side, there is a HUGE obstruction -- window

washing machine. You could not see anything to the starboard side. If you just want to view aft, it was unobstructed. I would never book this cabin again unless it was given to me as a free upgrade.

Edited by JFontaine

I wonder if window washing equipment's "parking space" changes from forward to aft each time windows are cleaned, or do they roll all the way back after every clean. Perhaps one day it's an obstruction, the next not, the next it's back again?