Where to stay in ft. Lauderdale?

maui65

I just booked a very last minute cruise for aug. 9th on Oasis of the Seas. Yes, it's only two months away! :) I certainly hope it won't be impossible for me to find a place to stay pre-cruise?! What hotel do you all like best when cruising from there? I've only cruised from port Canaveral in Florida before.

I just booked a very last minute cruise for aug. 9th on Oasis of the Seas. Yes, it's only two months away! :) I certainly hope it won't be impossible for me to find a place to stay pre-cruise?! What hotel do you all like best when cruising from there? I've only cruised from port Canaveral in Florida before.

There are plenty of hotels in FLL and they are cheap in the summer. We are cruising from there is November and the prices are much higher so you got lucky there.

most people like Embassy Suites on 17th St. but that's $207.

Another hotel i love is hyatt House which is $134 for your date of August 8th.

They have a free shuttle to their hotel from the airport and a for fee shuttle to the ship which is what we did.

http://www.fortlauderdaleairportsouth.house.hyatt.com/en/hotel/our-hotel/transportation.html

Bill

I just booked the Courtyard on Ft. Lauderdale Beach for a cruise I'm taking with my daughter in March. She'll be 20 when we sail, and I thought that would be a fun area for us. Plus, I lived in Ft. Lauderdale during the 70's, so she'll get to see the beach I hung out at in my teens. :)

Always the Hilton Marina on 17th street causeway, we get inter coastal view and wake up looking at our ship docked. We do not like the Embassy Suites, don't care for the interior catwalks and its always too packed on cruise morning in finding a cab. Pier 66 is also another good choice but its on the other side of the bridge and if your paying a cab to get to the ship and the drawbridge goes up you can waste quite a bit of money in the cab fare, and there is a Crown Plaza right there and Marriott Harbour beach is the finest hotel in that area only it will cost you over $400plus a night but I stood there many times and its the best. You can also stay at one of the hotels near the airport which is just within a handful of minutes to the cruise pier.

Take it from me, Iused to lived in FLL for 25 years when those hotels were new and the finest, they are outdated now the entire area is but that goes with the area.

I am in FLL right now for my nephews graduation. I am staying at Hyatt Pier 66. I nervously booked through Priceline for two nights and got the Hyatt.

I kind of panicked after reading some reviews on CC and Tripadvisor, thinking I was going to get a crappy room in the 2 story bldg. I asked for a tower room but they said they were all sold out and Priceline had booked me in the Marina bldg (2story). I knew it was the Hyatt that decides that, not Priceline. So, originally they had me on the first floor, but they changed me to 2nd floor, pool view, king bed. While i have a palm tree blocking most of my view on the balcony, I love the location and I love the room! It is huge!

I would definitely not hesitate to stay here again! Yes, the hotel is older but it seems to be taken care of. The free wifi? Well, it leaves a lot to be desired! Maybe it's my location? I get better wifi on my iPad then on my phone. The signal on the phone is not good.

The Hyatt Pier 66 is also wonderful but just on the other side of the drawbridge, its one that I would consider staying at also, but I love the Hilton Marina because they have a real nice area out at the inter coastal next to the nice large pool area with nice chairs, tables and umbrellas, and they also have live music on weekends and are open late, its really nice.

Harbor Beach Marriott is right on the ocean with no street in between. Also its close to the port so you can see ships coming/going. Couple of restaurants and a large tropical pool area. Most rooms have full balcony.

We've been looking at the beach hotels so that we can get in a day early and spend it on the beach. But it seems like a lot of the places are either really pricey or get bad reviews. We're thinking about the Pelican Grand Beach resort. Anyone ever stay there?

We stayed at the Bahia Mar off the A1A, right on the beach. Great location for an average hotel. Managed to find $80-some a night fare using a travel booking website. I would not stay there for more than what we paid.

We stayed at the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood this past April and was by far the best hotel we've stayed at (well next to the MGM Signature in Las Veags). More spendy but we gat a great rate on one of those bidding sites. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

We stayed at the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood this past April and was by far the best hotel we've stayed at (well next to the MGM Signature in Las Veags). More spendy but we gat a great rate on one of those bidding sites. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

Went to prom at the Diplomat in 1978.

Always the Hilton Marina on 17th street causeway, we get inter coastal view and wake up looking at our ship docked. We do not like the Embassy Suites, don't care for the interior catwalks and its always too packed on cruise morning in finding a cab. Pier 66 is also another good choice but its on the other side of the bridge and if your paying a cab to get to the ship and the drawbridge goes up you can waste quite a bit of money in the cab fare, and there is a Crown Plaza right there and Marriott Harbour beach is the finest hotel in that area only it will cost you over $400plus a night but I stood there many times and its the best. You can also stay at one of the hotels near the airport which is just within a handful of minutes to the cruise pier.

Take it from me, Iused to lived in FLL for 25 years when those hotels were new and the finest, they are outdated now the entire area is but that goes with the area.

You would probably know this question then! Is the Marriot Courtyard at Ft. Lauderdale Beach the old Holiday Inn Oceanside? I moved away in 1980.

We always stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th. We enjoy the hotel. Each night a complimentary Manager's Reception is held (free drinks and salty munchies). In the morning, a complimentary fully cooked breakfast is available. I love the walk ways outside of the hotel rooms. The view is nice looking down into the courtyard. The outside pool area is nice and relaxing.

The Embassy is close to a shopping center, places to eat, and the Sun Trolly. We have never had problems with transportation when leaving the hotel for the port. Usually, we use one of their shuttles, but, there are plenty of taxis available.

Edited by sleepless

The original DIPLOMAT HOTEL was "dynamited" in 1998. The new one opened in 2002. It is a great hotel... Quite impressive. We stayed at the ATLANTIC RESORT AND SPA last time and really enjoyed it. The one bedroom suites can be had for around the price of a regular room at the W, Marriott or Westin. A great way to start a vacation.

Embassy Suites is our go-to hotel in FLL. Unfortunately, it does not have any vacancies for the night I need a hotel.

Can someone recommend a similar suite hotel (we'll be 4 in a room), with a full breakfast, near a shopping area and restaurants???

Big fan of the Hyatt Regency Pier 66. They also have an Avis location in the hotel and we've rented an Avis car at the airport ran errands the night before the cruise and then returned the car at the hotel.