Involuntary Downgrade

Sorry to hear it did not work out that you got a JS.

I am still surprised Royal did not entice someone else to either switch cabins or cruise dates to make this go away. This is a lose--lose for them

Many of us have GTY cabins booked. [i have one for my TA in August] I will carefully watch my booking.

Thank you for coming back to share what happened.

SO glad you let us know how things turned out! Sorry that they were not as good as you would have liked! :(

Your positive attitude is refreshing. :D As others have said some have let a cruise be ruined with a lot less! :eek:

WOW! Wonder what is gong on with RCCL! Hope that things are running better by November! ;)

Great update thanks. I agreed with mm's original advice to have second cabin comped regardless of obc, refund, etc. Perhaps a post-cruise email to corporate is in order providing the specific details of your last post... most shockingly that pier check in was so ill informed, revenue had no suite available, and gs could not entice another suite holder to downgrade... or that no one could be bothered to make the effort, despite your not having been provided with what you had specially paid for, namely a SUITE guarantee.

In any event, I'm glad you enjoyed the cruise. While these sort of events never "ruin the cruise" they can leave a bad taste in your mouth that colors the rest of it. Nice that you had at least one great room steward and a good experience with the art gallery.(!!).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for letting us know how it went, Lgtfrk. And from my point of view it wasn't too much info. It was good to hear how things went for you. So glad you had a good cruise and enjoyed using the OBC.

Agree with all the others, thanks for "the rest of the story!"

One thing I will never understand about cruise lines, airlines, etc. -- no one is available to effectively troubleshoot on the weekend! (Perhaps that is the plan?). Isn't that precisely the time to have people available?:(

This has been a learning experience for a lot of us. And it was OUR learning experience, and sadly, not RCI's.

No excuses, RCI. The ball is still in your court to finish cleaning this up -- if not for the OP, then certainly for all of our future W GTY bookings.

Edited by travelgoddess1

[quote name=Ltgfrk;43100896 .........

We got to the pier in Cape Canaveral and no one knew anything. I mean' date=' really...nothing. In the Diamond/Suites line, the girl didn't even know what a suite WAS, how to find out, or even how to put our credit card on the room ......

Overall, the cruise was great family time.

[/quote]

Hi OP, seems that you have a very good attitude to turn negative into possitive and that is why you and your family had a "great family time" ..... I am happy to see happy endings and thank you for letting me ( and others too - many hits on this thread) know about your experience.

Unfortunately I see another problem with RCI - no communication ..... even corporate can not talk with the ship ...... they knew nothing about your situation when you got there.

Happy cruising to every one.

Hello All!

Overall, the cruise was great family time. We might be willing to book a W guarantee again (BTW, on our info it absolutely was clear that it was a JS or higher) but would cancel the cruise before accepting anything less than a JS again. We wanted this cruise on these dates so didn't push harder. I would NOT, however, book another gty last minute. From what I can tell, we booked the last JS at the same time we booked the guarantee and that shorted the system...it couldn't process it. Early enough and in low season, I might see taking the gamble if the deal were good enough.

I'm sure I gave you more info than you ever wanted, but you now have the full scoop. Thanks again so much for all the help, advice and support from the CC group!

Oh that is interesting. Several here wondered why you had spent more to book a W, rather than just booking two JS's. It makes more sense if only one JS was available. Knowing Royal Caribbean's computer system, it is easy to imagine that two people were booking at the exact same time could mess up thier system. A clever group might do it intentionally while it could even happen to strangers just by coincidence. I hope they fix that bug (and all those other bugs, too).

Good for you for negotiating the OBC and enjoying spending it. I admire you for maintaining such a positive attitude and not letting your disappointment dampen your spirits!

Ditto! Great attitude on display throughout, and the most important part of that is allowed you to calmly negotiate the $1000 OBC AND enjoy your cruise a whole lot more than had you had a bad attitude, even though it would have been justified.

Great update thanks. I agreed with mm's original advice to have second cabin comped regardless of obc, refund, etc. Perhaps a post-cruise email to corporate is in order providing the specific details of your last post... most shockingly that pier check in was so ill informed, revenue had no suite available, and gs could not entice another suite holder to downgrade... or that no one could be bothered to make the effort, despite your not having been provided with what you had specially paid for, namely a SUITE guarantee.

In any event, I'm glad you enjoyed the cruise. While these sort of events never "ruin the cruise" they can leave a bad taste in your mouth that colors the rest of it. Nice that you had at least one great room steward and a good experience with the art gallery.(!!).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

I agree that you should write a letter to Royal Caribbean and express your concerns over the situation.

Thanks to you all for your help and suggestions. If we do decide to write a letter we will post the results if there are any. This will have long since become old news by then but we'll post it anyway. 😉

Thanks to you all for your help and suggestions. If we do decide to write a letter we will post the results if there are any. This will have long since become old news by then but we'll post it anyway. 😉

No, not old news...ongoing news. :) Glad you had a great time despite your troubles. We all learned a valuable lesson in this thread. Thanks again for reporting back.

Hi OP! Just reading this whole thing through now. I'm glad you got the resolution you did. I do, however, think you should call corporate and make sure they know you are extremely dissatisfied with how they handled this. If you have the name of who contacted you, be sure to use it to their superior. Let them know that they did not contact the ship and make sure they were checking for an upgrade for you. You were promised that and it didn't happen which I think is totally unacceptable. I wouldn't let this go yet. I'm super happy that you stuck to your guns, too. Glad you had a nice cruise!