Cruise sales

I was wondering when is the best time to check prices on rccl? I know there are tues sales, but are there any specific times/days? I was fortunate to get in on the this past year's new years sale and as it is now, we can't cruise until 2016. Would love to cruise 2015. Since we're in TX, we are limited. We could do New Orleans, but anywhere else there's a flight involved and it seems anywhere from tx costs an arm and a leg ... so to speak. Thanks for your help

I was wondering when is the best time to check prices on rccl? I know there are tues sales, but are there any specific times/days? I was fortunate to get in on the this past year's new years sale and as it is now, we can't cruise until 2016. Would love to cruise 2015. Since we're in TX, we are limited. We could do New Orleans, but anywhere else there's a flight involved and it seems anywhere from tx costs an arm and a leg ... so to speak. Thanks for your help

I pretty much do it daily:D maybe I'm a little OCD:rolleyes:

Yes Texas flights pricey at the moment? Surprised we got a cruise out of San Juan cheaper than out of galveston (even with flights;)!!!!!!)

No specific day I find cheaper. Just monitor;)

Edited by Spurschick

There are websites out there that will email you if you want to track a particular cruise or cruises. Or one could check mid week on the RCI website, most sales are for longer than a single day. Best deals are the first day of their sales, as some dates they have not upped their prices.

Here is the weekly sales link:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

My DW instructs me to check it regularly for deals and price drops. That being said, I was doing it daily anyway! :D Its because of that tenacity that we are doing more cruises than ever before as I have managed to find some great prices because of deals or simply searching around the website.

...No specific day I find cheaper...
All 3 RCI cruises we have done so far in 2014 were booked after Final Payment. On the last cruise (Liberty 1 May 2014 TransAtlantic) I had been monitoring it sometime and for several weeks running the prices dropped over the weekend and hopped back up $60 to $150pp on Monday. We grabbed an inside one Saturday at $429pp when it was already listed on the upcoming Going, Going, Gone at $489pp. Of course a month later an inside GTY was offered at $369pp.:( [i still thought I got a good deal, so no:mad:].

Not sure if this weekend dip is typical, but it did occur for that cruise.

Thom

RC is pulling out of New Orleans in April 2015. I see that you just sailed on Navigator. If your not opposed to sailing on it again I looked on the website and saw what I feel are some extremely good rates for fall of 2015 in September and October. Spring rates were not as low but were fair in my opinion.

Thanks everyone for all your input. Since i work all day and can't access a computer i have to wait until i get home. We are planning a B2B in 2016 and will be going with our grown-up kids.

I was just hoping we could find something in 2015... the waiting is so hard!!! LOL

Thanks everyone for all your input. Since i work all day and can't access a computer i have to wait until i get home. We are planning a B2B in 2016 and will be going with our grown-up kids.

I was just hoping we could find something in 2015... the waiting is so hard!!! LOL

I check prices every morning before I go to work and then again after I get home from work.

I do the same thing with airfare. We fly southwest and there have been some really good rates with them. Our airfare drops considerably today for our upcoming cruise and now we have a credit for our Quantum cruise. :)

I check daily. Occasionally a price will drop for a short period of time, and I want to be sure I see it. I have noticed that some discounts don't last long; senior discounts and resident discounts seem to disappear quickly. Good luck!

I check daily. Occasionally a price will drop for a short period of time, and I want to be sure I see it. I have noticed that some discounts don't last long; senior discounts and resident discounts seem to disappear quickly. Good luck!

That's cause we seniors monitor the prices almost constantly and when we see the discounts we immediately grab the few that Royal throws out there:D

I see that RC is offering 50% off 2nd guest on 2015 sailings. Does anyone know if they run this special again? I want to book Oasis for Sept 2015, but would like to wait if possible, but not lose the special pricing.

Not possible to know, Royal does not announce their sales and promos more than a few days in advance.

I always check first thing in the morning, and again in the evening. And sometimes even mid-day. :) I've seen prices go up and down in the same day.

I've had 3 price drops on our upcoming cruise for the first week; most recently a savings of $59, which doesn't seem like a lot, but still worth being on hold for.

For some reason that second week of our B2B (9/14) has remained high and not budged.

I see that RC is offering 50% off 2nd guest on 2015 sailings. Does anyone know if they run this special again? I want to book Oasis for Sept 2015, but would like to wait if possible, but not lose the special pricing.
Be aware that prices are always going up and down. I don't have hard data to prove it, but the general consensus is that prices seem to magically rise in conjunctions with "sales". Hypothetical example: old price $1000pp or $2000 for two, but during "50% off 2nd sale" new price $1300pp plus $650 for second for a total of $1950. There is rarely a free lunch.:rolleyes: [iMO the only real sales involve reduced pricing when they have too much unsold inventory (these occur most often after Final Payment date). "Free" Drink Package, 2/1, 50% off 2nd, etc are usually shell games. Again: IMO]

Thom

Be aware that prices are always going up and down. I don't have hard data to prove it, but the general consensus is that prices seem to magically rise in conjunctions with "sales". Hypothetical example: old price $1000pp or $2000 for two, but during "50% off 2nd sale" new price $1300pp plus $650 for second for a total of $1950. There is rarely a free lunch.:rolleyes: [iMO the only real sales involve reduced pricing when they have too much unsold inventory (these occur most often after Final Payment date). "Free" Drink Package, 2/1, 50% off 2nd, etc are usually shell games. Again: IMO]

Thom

Thanks Thom for your insight. I think your probably right. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

That's cause we seniors monitor the prices almost constantly and when we see the discounts we immediately grab the few that Royal throws out there:D

Is there an easy quick way to check price changes? I've got my 1st RCI cruise coming up in a couple of months and would like to upgrade if price is reasonable. I've been unable to 'book' although just looking for better price on the RCI website for the same cruise I've bought - it's like RCI knows I've got the cruise booked and won't show that cruise available... I don't want to call anyone until I can see for myself what is available and the cost...I must be doing something wrong in my searches...

Clear your cache, or use another browser...

other than that you'll have to just call or keep trying. It's possible that the cruise is full, though maybe not...

Thanks MEGR1125! Will give that a try,