This morning wait times and update on "combinable offer"

H2OH!

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers!

I will try and post my experience this morning without too much negativity as the boards have been loaded lately. I have to say after my experience this morning, there is some truth behind some of the issues being discussed.

I waited on hold for 46 minutes to discuss my European cruise for 2015. To deal with the wait time, I put my speaker phone on and passed the time by reading some posts on cruise critic.

The purpose for my call this morning was to "combine" my currently booked cruise with one other offer. The additional perk offered at the time of my booking was "this offer is combinable with one other offer throughout the year if you book by April 30, 2014." When I booked I clarified with captains club rep what this meant and was told was combinable with any promotion throughout 2014. I printed the web page which had this specific language on there.

This morning I decided to call about the 123go promotion. The first thing the rep did was to verify I "qualified." This is fine I get that. She believed I did not qualify for 123 go promotion since I was not booking a new cruise and offer was for new cruises booked between june and july. I reminded her about the past promotion for 2015 bookings which stated i would be able to "combine" with one other perk. She put me on hold to verify. She came back and said I did qualify. This took approx 10 minutes to figure out.

Then she had to check the price of my cruise because if it went up I would have to pay the difference. This made no sense to me becasue the offer when I booked did not mention this. This took another 5-6 minutes to sort out. Luckily my cruise price did not go up...otherwise I have feeling I would have had to pay the difference which is not what was presented during the early booking offer. disappointing.

Now, I am waiting to hear back from her as she has to check with the captains club (which was not open when I called this morning) to verify I still qualify for the one cat upgrade from a c3 to a c2...really?

As a customer (and Elite so not new to this), calling for an upgrade that was promised should not be so difficult. The process should be easier for celebrity staff and customers....you call, provide reservation ID, they upgrade accordingly and then Celebrity sends an updated invoice. done.

hopefully when I get my new invoice i will be in the same cabin and will have promotions correct. fingers crossed.

amy

Edited by H2OH!

I would love to call and see if I could get the 25 bonus points added to our reservation made on board 4 weeks ago or so. I read somewhere that this was being offered on cruises booked 9 months or more away, or did I dream this? Anyway, based on your experience and wait time, I'm not sure I want to bother with all the hassle. Glad it worked out for you.

I would love to call and see if I could get the 25 bonus points added to our reservation made on board 4 weeks ago or so. I read somewhere that this was being offered on cruises booked 9 months or more away, or did I dream this? Anyway, based on your experience and wait time, I'm not sure I want to bother with all the hassle. Glad it worked out for you.

Was the 25 point thing just for cruises booked onboard or any cruise booked that far in advance?

OP, glad the issue was resolved to your satisfaction!

Special 123Go! Offer for Captain’s Club Members

As a valued Captain’s Club member, take advantage of two exclusive benefits. First, receive 25 to 50 Bonus Club Points* in addition to the usual Club Points you earn when you book June 2 through July 31, 2014. Second, enjoy 50% reduced deposits* when booking.

*Captain’s Club offer is valid for Classic tier members and above.

Captain's Club Member Offers apply to new individual and named group bookings made June 2-July 31, 2014. Classic Captain's Club Members and above ("CC Members") are eligible to receive 25 bonus Club Points on bookings made at least 9 months prior to the departure date of cruise for ocean view and verandas; and receive 50 bonus Club Points for suites that are booked at least 9 months prior to the departure date of the cruise. Bonus Club points will be added within 14 days after conclusion of sailing. CC Members are also eligible for a 50% Reduced Deposit Offer on individual bookings made more than 70 days from departure date. Reduced deposit must be paid by 7/31/14 or deposit payment required due date. To redeem using celebrity.com, proceed to the Payment page, select "Other" in the deposit field and enter 50% off the deposit amount. Valid membership number must be provided at time of booking; new members may book onboard without a membership number but must provide the membership number by Aug. 10, 2014. - See more at: http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/123go-captains-club-offer?icid=ccc_bt_123gjn_1406_mul_lk_693187#sthash.y3bibcMy.dpuf

Edited by kathynorth

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers!

I will try and post my experience this morning without too much negativity as the boards have been loaded lately. I have to say after my experience this morning, there is some truth behind some of the issues being discussed.

I waited on hold for 46 minutes to discuss my European cruise for 2015. To deal with the wait time, I put my speaker phone on and passed the time by reading some posts on cruise critic.

The purpose for my call this morning was to "combine" my currently booked cruise with one other offer. The additional perk offered at the time of my booking was "this offer is combinable with one other offer throughout the year if you book by April 30, 2014." When I booked I clarified with captains club rep what this meant and was told was combinable with any promotion throughout 2014. I printed the web page which had this specific language on there.

This morning I decided to call about the 123go promotion. The first thing the rep did was to verify I "qualified." This is fine I get that. She believed I did not qualify for 123 go promotion since I was not booking a new cruise and offer was for new cruises booked between june and july. I reminded her about the past promotion for 2015 bookings which stated i would be able to "combine" with one other perk. She put me on hold to verify. She came back and said I did qualify. This took approx 10 minutes to figure out.

Then she had to check the price of my cruise because if it went up I would have to pay the difference. This made no sense to me becasue the offer when I booked did not mention this. This took another 5-6 minutes to sort out. Luckily my cruise price did not go up...otherwise I have feeling I would have had to pay the difference which is not what was presented during the early booking offer. disappointing.

Now, I am waiting to hear back from her as she has to check with the captains club (which was not open when I called this morning) to verify I still qualify for the one cat upgrade from a c3 to a c2...really?

As a customer (and Elite so not new to this), calling for an upgrade that was promised should not be so difficult. The process should be easier for celebrity staff and customers....you call, provide reservation ID, they upgrade accordingly and then Celebrity sends an updated invoice. done.

hopefully when I get my new invoice i will be in the same cabin and will have promotions correct. fingers crossed.

amy

I'm wondering if you had any discussion about the 25 bonus points. Were you not eligible because the original booking was prior to June 2nd or were you eligible for these points because they rebooked you in order to access the 1,2,3 Go promotion.

Edited by kathynorth

This would be why I use a travel agent. I let her deal with all this mickey mouse with Celebrity.

And I hate to bother my TA with something that small.

She had to argue to get me the 1,2, 3 for my Feb. 2016 cruise at all, so I didn't even mention the 25 bonus points.

I figure if I get them great, if not, oh well......

She had to argue to get me the 1,2, 3 for my Feb. 2016 cruise at all, so I didn't even mention the 25 bonus points.

My TA said that if you book within the Promo period the 25 points will be added automatically:)

Hi H2OH!,

I don't supoose you could post a copy of the terms - i.e scan the print out. I too booked on the similar promo, and I swore blind that it was combinable, but the celebrity rep point blank refused, and was quite rude in stating they 'never allow offers to combined'. If I can get this, then I would have a really strong case to argue with.

Thanks

Chris

Special 123Go! Offer for Captain’s Club Members

As a valued Captain’s Club member, take advantage of two exclusive benefits. First, receive 25 to 50 Bonus Club Points* in addition to the usual Club Points you earn when you book June 2 through July 31, 2014. Second, enjoy 50% reduced deposits* when booking.

*Captain’s Club offer is valid for Classic tier members and above.

Captain's Club Member Offers apply to new individual and named group bookings made June 2-July 31, 2014. Classic Captain's Club Members and above ("CC Members") are eligible to receive 25 bonus Club Points on bookings made at least 9 months prior to the departure date of cruise for ocean view and verandas; and receive 50 bonus Club Points for suites that are booked at least 9 months prior to the departure date of the cruise. Bonus Club points will be added within 14 days after conclusion of sailing. CC Members are also eligible for a 50% Reduced Deposit Offer on individual bookings made more than 70 days from departure date. Reduced deposit must be paid by 7/31/14 or deposit payment required due date. To redeem using celebrity.com, proceed to the Payment page, select "Other" in the deposit field and enter 50% off the deposit amount. Valid membership number must be provided at time of booking; new members may book onboard without a membership number but must provide the membership number by Aug. 10, 2014. - See more at: http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/123go-captains-club-offer?icid=ccc_bt_123gjn_1406_mul_lk_693187#sthash.y3bibcMy.dpuf

Thank you Kathy for posting this. I may have to book another cruise!!

I guess the onboard booking is outside of the new offer so I wouldn't qualify on that basis.

Just curious, why do they say "new bookings only" when everyone and their brother has called for the 123 go package and based on another thread have received it? Why does Celebrity even say "new bookings only" when clearly this does not apply?

Just curious, why do they say "new bookings only" when everyone and their brother has called for the 123 go package and based on another thread have received it? Why does Celebrity even say "new bookings only" when clearly this does not apply?

This is why I'm curious about the 25 bonus points. If they allow the 1,2,3 to be added as a rebook, then why not be eligible for the bonus points. The bonus points might seem to be a minor perk, but they can add up over time. It's a long way between Elite+ and Zenith.

That's how my TA earns her commission. I wouldn't need a TA if booking were simple. I already know what cruise I want and what cabin I want to occupy.

My TA said that if you book within the Promo period the 25 points will be added automatically:)

We had already booked the cruise but, as the price hadn't changed, just added the 1, 2, 3. I think I had OBCs from booking on board and from the early deployment thing. I lost the early deployment but kept the on board booking bonus.

I don't know if technically it's a new cruise because Celebrity transfers your booking number over.

It's MUCH CLEARER on Princess. You cancel the old cruise and book the new one and you have a new booking number (the Future Cruise credit has it's own number separate from the booking number and goes to the new cruise as the deposit.)

That's how my TA earns her commission. I wouldn't need a TA if booking were simple. I already know what cruise I want and what cabin I want to occupy.

I absolutely agree with you my TA knows I have checked all information before I call and always laughs.When this new promo came I already had $300 obc but also got bev. package ,gratuities and he said the extra points should be added automatically.And it was a few text back and forth while I was working.!I love my TA :D

Thank you Kathy for posting this. I may have to book another cruise!!

I guess the onboard booking is outside of the new offer so I wouldn't qualify on that basis.

Yes, thanks Kathy. We booked in May so it's no need to call either TA or Celebrity, saving all a lot of time. Really appreciate this info.

I'm wondering if you had any discussion about the 25 bonus points. Were you not eligible because the original booking was prior to June 2nd or were you eligible for these points because they rebooked you in order to access the 1,2,3 Go promotion.

I did not ask about bonus points. Good question

Hi H2OH!,

I don't supoose you could post a copy of the terms - i.e scan the print out. I too booked on the similar promo, and I swore blind that it was combinable, but the celebrity rep point blank refused, and was quite rude in stating they 'never allow offers to combined'. If I can get this, then I would have a really strong case to argue with.

Thanks

Chris

I will try and scan in tomorrow.

My understanding is that the new book 9 months out and receive 25 bonus points does not apply to bookings made on board.

Just another 'ifs ands or buts' from RCI. Although I like the Celebrity Line and am an Elite member of the Captain's Club, I do wish they could be a little more straightforward in their rules and regulations. I prefer to deal with Princess. Most of their regulations are at least understandable and offers combinable.

I have no previous experience in dealing with Celebrity as I've booked my first cruise (and subsequently my second) with Celebrity recently. My experience has been a mixed bag and the only redeeming quality has been two particular agents in the customer resolutions department. The front line agents that I have spoken with have either been wholly misinformed or just plain rude. On top of that the Celebrity website is still undergoing maintenance and I can make no changes or book any excursions, packages, etc. The hold times, at times, can be atrocious.

Thank you so much!

I tried scanning in but my printer/scanner says no connection to the computer so once I figure out how to reconnect, i will send along.

In the meantime, I printed the captains club web page on 3/14/14 @ 4:23 pm. the web page announcement was related to early bookings. It states the following (note the bolded sentence below):

"We're rocking the world again-all 7 continents with 10 breathtaking ships.

Captain's Club Members get a sneak peel and a head start on booking.

For five days, you'll have the first chance to book your desired stateroom, ship and destination ahead of the general public. Your Priority Access sailings are so exclusive, they're not even on our website, yet.

Book today by calling 1-877-202-4344 or contact your travel agent.

Each destination opens with a special offer:

For every vacation booked by April 30, 2014, from our newy available sailings, you'll receive up to $ 400 to spend on board your vacation. We're hitting every continent on the planet-visiting 261 ports or call in 72 countries-adding more overnight stays and new ports of call. (then they had a grid listing the OBC by stateroom classification).

Plus, this offer is combinable with one other offer throughout the year if you book by April 30, 2014."

When i spoke with the CC rep, I was very specific about asking questions related to this last sentence and even used the 123go promotion as a example. I was told this promotion would allow us to participate in "any" offer throughout the year.

Hope this helps until I can get the web page scanned in :)

Edited by H2OH!