Heli-pad Sailaway

Blue Lagoon

I have been invited to the helipad three times after attending the Connections gathering. Not once have I stayed in a suite.

Leaving Stockholm, Sweden:

Leaving%20Stockholm.JPG

Leaving Mykonos, Greece:

Refelction%20departure%20Kusadasi.JPG

Edited by boogs

We were invited twice. Both times staying in RS (5 total) and once will a couple who were brand new to celebrity that we met on our pre-cruise trip. I do think sometimes it is random.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were also invited to the helipad sailaway party on the same cruise as Cindy. Beautiful! There were 4 (two couples) of us. Only two of us are Elite and both couples stayed in AQ's.

No invite to the Captain's table this time, though. ;)

Not sure that I would have liked it on a Venice sailaway. We viewed that from the upper most decks and were able to look down on Venice. :)

It seems that suite, B2B, and CC elite and above get invited. At least that is our experience.

Nope. I have never sailed in a suite, never done a B2B, and am not even close to Elite and got invited twice on my last 14 day cruise. They invite who they invite and I did not see any special criteria used.

Nope. I have never sailed in a suite, never done a B2B, and am not even close to Elite and got invited twice on my last 14 day cruise. They invite who they invite and I did not see any special criteria used.

I wonder if it has anything to do with being a CruiseCritic member and signing up for the CC party. There were many, many CC's on the helipad with us.

I wonder if it has anything to do with being a CruiseCritic member and signing up for the CC party. There were many, many CC's on the helipad with us.

Yes. Every time I have been invited is because my name was on the CC party list. The Celebrity staff member hosting the event would announce the date and time, and in many cases, ask us to not talk to others about the invitation. I have also been invited to a bridge tour twice through the CC party registration. I believe, based on what I think I heard the host say, the invitations were extended only to those who actually attended the CC event, but can't be certain if that is actually how it works.

Edited by fortinweb

Because if you want to you can do your Leo DiCaprio/Kate Winslett impression. I'm king of the world!

Phil

Unfortunately, the railings on most cruise ships do not go up to the very tip of the bow as on the Titanic. They are generally set back a ways.

800px-Celebrity_Solstice.JPG

Helipad-Panama%20Canal%201.JPG

Edited by boogs

I was given the opportunity to experience such a sailaway on Celebrity Eclipse because I was sailing with a friend who has many Celebrity days under her belt. She had received an invitation for this opportunity and did not want to go. She asked me if I would like to use her invitation, which I most thankfully did.

Free Champagne? If that was available, I surely did not see it. Yes, there was a bar set-up on the deck near the stairs leading to the heli-pad, but it appeared to me that it was a cash bar. I did not see any Stewards serving drinks while I was on the heli-pad.

It was just one more memorable cruise experience that I am thankfully able to record.

The CC group was not as active on my sailing and I did not see many members on the helipad either time. My invitation was in my room both times not at the CC party. I don't think that was it at least on my sailing.

There was a cash bar but I did not avail myself of it.

Hate to show my ignorance, but what is special about standing on the helipad and having a drink (obviously never having been invited or even hearing of such an event)?

It is a sail away perspective that most people do not get to experience. I enjoyed it both times even without a drink. It is a smaller more intimate crowd than other sail away venues. Some might not be impressed but those of us in our group had a great time.

Last year on the Celebrity Summit there was an open helipad for sailaway from Bermuda. It was published in the daily schedule and open to anyone. There was complimentary water and fruit punch as well as cold towels. Drinks were available for purchase.

Unfortunately, the railings on most cruise ships do not go up to the very tip of the bow as on the Titanic. They are generally set back a ways.

I know. It was meant as a bit of humour, although if you stand at the prow and look straight ahead and not down you still get a good effect. Unfortunately they don't like you climbing up on the rail.

DSCN1191_zpsd856a0ac.jpg

Phil