Salmon?

DnR

Are there places that will ship your salmon purchases home for you? Is it pricey? We leave today on HAL!

At everyone of the Alaska Ports there are stores and Shops that will take your order and ship Salmon for you. You can also order from, I believe all of the Whale Watching Excursions out of Juneau usually have snacks of salmon and other goodies and I know that the one HAL Books you on has the snack samples and offers salmon shipping. In Ketchikan you can go to Tsongas Trading Post right there at the docks and they will assist you also.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

You know it will be beautiful, but the reality is impossible to describe. It will absolutely blow you away! My Avatar is from our trip two years ago. We spent hours on our verandah watching the scenery go by.

You know it will be beautiful' date=' but the reality is impossible to describe. It will absolutely blow you away! My Avatar is from our trip two years ago. We spent hours on our verandah watching the scenery go by.[/quote']

Huh? This is related to shipping salmon home?

OP, as others have mentioned, in every port, there will be stores or venders available who will ship salmon (or tab, or halibut) home for you.

Sorry. It looks as though this is the OPs first cruise to Alaska; I just wanted to wish them as wonderful a cruise as we had.

There are at least two places in Juneau. One is called "Jerrys" and I think it is out by the Airport and the other is the Alaska Cannery and if I am not mistaken it is close to the cruise dock. (I could have that backward!) Check with the people on the dock when you get to Juneau they can give you the info you want. You can buy from both not just salmon but crab and other fish.

Enjoy!

There are at least two places in Juneau. One is called "Jerrys" and I think it is out by the Airport and the other is the Alaska Cannery and if I am not mistaken it is close to the cruise dock. (I could have that backward!) Check with the people on the dock when you get to Juneau they can give you the info you want. You can buy from both not just salmon but crab and other fish.

Enjoy!

I live in Juneau and get my salmon from Jerry's Meats. They also do mail order on the web - just search for "jerrys meats juneau" to find them. If you don't see what you are looking for, call them as they have other items (like their AWESOME salmon spread) that are not listed but are available for shipping.

Sorry. It looks as though this is the OPs first cruise to Alaska; I just wanted to wish them as wonderful a cruise as we had.

Any there is nothing wrong with that. It was a nice thing for you to do.

You'd think a thread never drifts off topic on the board.....

Not nearly as bad as answering a question that has already been answered over and over again.:cool:

Any there is nothing wrong with that. It was a nice thing for you to do.

You'd think a thread never drifts off topic on the board.....

Not nearly as bad as answering a question that has already been answered over and over again.:cool:

How very true!:D

You know it will be beautiful' date=' but the reality is impossible to describe. It will absolutely blow you away! My Avatar is from our trip two years ago. We spent hours on our verandah watching the scenery go by.[/quote']

Strewth . I thought this was about Salmon .