Grandeur Pictures for your enjoyment

Great thread with wonderful pics! This Friday we'll be on the Grandeur for the first time. We were supposed to do the same trip in June '13, but the fire caused a change of plans! Glad to be getting another chance. :)

I have a somewhat crazy question for those who've been on recently. Have any of you noticed if Absolut Mango is sold in the shop onboard. It's my husband's favorite and he's requesting it for his birthday. It's impossible to get Mango in PA, so buying it on board would be great. I got it a couple of years ago on Explorer, so hoping I'll find it on Grandeur as well.

Great thread with wonderful pics! This Friday we'll be on the Grandeur for the first time. We were supposed to do the same trip in June '13, but the fire caused a change of plans! Glad to be getting another chance. :)

I have a somewhat crazy question for those who've been on recently. Have any of you noticed if Absolut Mango is sold in the shop onboard. It's my husband's favorite and he's requesting it for his birthday. It's impossible to get Mango in PA, so buying it on board would be great. I got it a couple of years ago on Explorer, so hoping I'll find it on Grandeur as well.

I'll be on the Grandeur with you. If they don't have the Absolute Mango on board, stop at a total a wine in Towson on the way home. They have it and at good prices

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'll be on the Grandeur with you. If they don't have the Absolute Mango on board, stop at a total a wine in Towson on the way home. They have it and at good prices

Great idea, thanks! Since his birthday's on Monday the 18th, getting it on the way home will save me from having to drive to DE or NJ the weekend we get back.

See you Friday! :)

• 2 weeks later...

We took your advice and it was great! What a store--we don't have anything like it in PA! Thanks for the tip and hope you had fun on the Grandeur!

LOVE the pictures - they made me more excited to go this November! 95 days is waaayyy too long to wait :)

Quick question(s) - where are the bars located near the pools? Is there one near the adult pool AND the public pool or just near the adult pool? How late are they open? Are there servers there? THANKS!

LOVE the pictures - they made me more excited to go this November! 95 days is waaayyy too long to wait :)

Quick question(s) - where are the bars located near the pools? Is there one near the adult pool AND the public pool or just near the adult pool? How late are they open? Are there servers there? THANKS!

There is a bar in the main pool area and another in the Solarium area. There are also bar servers in both areas.

• 1 month later...

I love the photos. We went on the Grandeur of the seas August 16-23, 2013. We loved the ship. The Cabin Steward was nice to us and the food was great. My parents talked to the Cabin Steward on the last day and he greeted us every day. I wish we can go back on the Grandeur but this time, get a balcony. Last time, we only had a porthole and I couldn't tape because departure there was loud music, we kept going to dinner by the time the ship departed, and when we left Port Canaveral, we were at a show.

I was in an oceanview in March and there was a fridge.

I was on August 2013 and I think it did but, you have to pay for the food.We didn't eat or touch the food because it cost money.

P.S. You live in my hometown, Baltimore. I live in the County.

Edited by collinH45

I was on August 2013 and I think it did but, you have to pay for the food.We didn't eat or touch the food because it cost money.

P.S. You live in my hometown, Baltimore. I live in the County.

Small world isn't it. I live in Overlea. Yes, you do have to pay for anything you eat or drink that is in the room. I don't touch it either.

What ARE these things?!?!??!?!

GrandeurCentrumWhatAREthosethings_zps0f6e0700.jpg

Sorry if this has been answered...I'm just now reading your awesome review. Those things first appeared on Celebrity Solstice. I was told they are champagne bubbles. :)

Edited by Aquahound

Small world isn't it. I live in Overlea. Yes, you do have to pay for anything you eat or drink that is in the room. I don't touch it either.

I live in Rosedale so, you live close to my area.:D On any ship, our family didn't want to pay for any drink or pay for any wifi. So, everytime we are without internet on the ship.:(

• 2 months later...

Nice photos. We were on the Grandeur August 16-23, 2013 and it was kinda fun. The pool water was too salty. The food was great. The bad thing was that my younger sister which was 9 at the time got sick after the cruise. She is now 11 and healthy. We still had fun on an older ship. I have no photos because we didn't take any. I am happy that this is a thread with pictures of the Grandeur.

We were on December 9-19. In the shower there is a dispenser for shampoo. Unfortunately ours was missing. I had to ask room attendant for shampoo and she brought a selection of toiletries that are given out in suites. They did give you bars of soap. Also had to tell her to bring ice twice a day. Any other questions?

We'll be on her again March 13. When are you going?

Happy Sailing!

Evie

Cruzoholic: We are planning to go on the March 13, 2015 cruise also. I have a deposit on this cruise and final payment is due this Sunday. I have been looking at your roll call and will introduce ourselves after I make the final payment. Then I will also sign up the the meet and mingle at RC. It will be our first time cruising from Baltimore. Have done a few from NYC. Be chatting with you on the RC roll call. Carol

7dea3f434c34e40e7251768803386248.jpg

Inside #4045

a0c8b96d31fdade705063df075bea975.jpg

Happy Sailing!

Evie

Nice pictures of the cabin. When we went, we had an ocean view and there were no pics because everytime, our family was in there. I had a picture of the Grandeur but, it got deleted.

We were on deck 3 at the time.😺