parking for port canaveral cruises

janines

I checked out 2 parking lots with similar costs and reviews for parking cars in non terminal lots.

Here is the question, the dates given are for 7 days and less than hours that 7x24 . Each lot is charging for 8 days.

Does anyone have an explanation?

thanks,

janines

I checked out 2 parking lots with similar costs and reviews for parking cars in non terminal lots.

Here is the question, the dates given are for 7 days and less than hours that 7x24 . Each lot is charging for 8 days.

Does anyone have an explanation?

thanks,

janines

That's the way it's done in Port Canaveral. Same thing with the parking at the terminal, they always charge for one more day than the cruise lasts.

That's the way it's done in Port Canaveral. Same thing with the parking at the terminal, they always charge for one more day than the cruise lasts.

The reason for this is that they charge for each day that the car is in the lot. For instance, for a Freedom cruise, you get there on Sunday and you leave the following Sunday. That is 8 calendar days.

The reason for this is that they charge for each day that the car is in the lot. For instance, for a Freedom cruise, you get there on Sunday and you leave the following Sunday. That is 8 calendar days.

It wasnt always like that in PC parking at the port though. This only came about in the last two years or so. It use to be 7 X 15.00 = 105.00, now its 8 X 15.00 = 120.00.

Edited by ryano

Don't like it but that is the way it is.

I agree.

I certainly don't like it either, but there isn't much choice in the matter. The port found a way to double-dip on turnaround days in order to increase their profit margin. The offsite vendors said, "What a great idea!" and followed suit. I really hope the other ports in Florida don't follow Port Canaveral's lead on this one.

You may want to consider some off site parking.

The Raddison hotel about 3 miles from port offers parking and shuttle service for people who just want to park their car.

Give them a call, for current prices.

Sea Ya

(No I dont work for Raddison, when we stayed there I saw the sign).

You may want to consider some off site parking.

The Raddison hotel about 3 miles from port offers parking and shuttle service for people who just want to park their car.

Give them a call, for current prices.

Sea Ya

(No I dont work for Raddison, when we stayed there I saw the sign).

We usually stay at either the Radisson or Country Inn & Suites and use their shuttle, but since we are bringing another couple with us we decided to book the cheapest room rate (without the park/cruise option) and just split the price to park at the port......this one time.

So if we take an 8 day cruise we can expect to pay for 9 days......is this correct?

We will be splitting the cost with another couple so I wanted to get my facts straight.....

from the port's web site

Whether you park in one of our terminal lots or parking garages, the rate* for the following cruises are:

3-night-$60, 4-night-$75, 5-night-$90, 6-night-$105, 7-night-$120 and 8-night-$135

Note the port does not mention a per day charge

but some do the math from the old daily price and see they are charging what equals another day at the old price ..... or they increased the daily price .... you decide how to slice the pie. Either way, this is the fee IF the port is keeping their site up. "*" warns of the port's right to change prices . . .

{the port sees their parking as a big investment that is not reaping the $$ they planned. SO they are getting 'creative' .... including trying to shut down those pesky lower cost offsites}

editorial comment ... for an 8 day cruise, the issues of a shuttle et al for a savings of approx. $60 seems worth the effort. That's a round of foo-foo drinks at least

Edited by Capt_BJ