Drink Package Mid-Cruise

Taking a TA in October and was thinking about getting the Premium Drink Package during the last seven sea days. There is conficting info on the RCCL site and I will print out the information I need to prove I can at the customer service desk. But I was just wondering if anyone has done this yet? Any success stories?

Thanks

Shelton

Taking a TA in October and was thinking about getting the Premium Drink Package during the last seven sea days. There is conficting info on the RCCL site and I will print out the information I need to prove I can at the customer service desk. But I was just wondering if anyone has done this yet? Any success stories?

Thanks

Shelton

Not personally, but there have been reports of success in getting the drink package part way into the cruise and paying a prorated price.

Not personally, but there have been reports of success in getting the drink package part way into the cruise and paying a prorated price.

Here is the link on the RCCL SITE

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=5804

Shelton

Edited by Beachammo

I just got off the Grandeur for a 7 day. They would not let me purchase the drink package after the second day. I went through three different people. The rules may state they will allow if 4 days are remaining, however, if you are on the Grandeur do not count on it.

You got the answer didn't you? Yes, you can purchase the package as long as there are 4 days remaining on the cruise. Yes, it will be pro-rated for however many days you purchase it for. So no worries!

The question was has anyone done this mid-cruise. Was there any issues?

With RCCL there can always be "worries".

As the above post shows...

S

Edited by Beachammo

The question was has anyone done this mid-cruise. Was there any issues?

With RCCL there can always be "worries".

As the above post shows...

S

I haven't done it, but there have been reports here on Cruise Critic of people doing it successfully, and having the charges prorated.

If I wanted to do this, I would print out the wording on the RCI website. I believe you would have no problem if you had this information in hand.

That's the funny thing about all of this.....

Eventhough I have the print out from the website in front of me, they can print out the exact opposite info from the website.

Shelton

Edited by Beachammo

Unfortunately, Royal doesn't keep all the FAQs udpated. That particular link is from before Nov 2013 when the terms and packages changed. Not that it says that anywhere, so I understand the confusion.

This might help, from the FAQ:

Q. What if the Guest buys the package on the 2nd day of a 10 night sailing?

A. They have to pay for the full number of days remaining that the cruise contains, i.e. 9 days. There will be no refund offered for any drinks purchased

on the first day.

Located here: www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/_images/Royal%20Alcohol%20Beverage%20FAQ%20All%20Ships%20May%2014_tcm16-66449.pdf