What time do you wake up?

SMN73

I check the daily cruise compass for the time of sunrise and will go up to the top deck or on the helicopoter pad of the ship to take sunrise pictures as seen in my reviews. I love it. It is nice and peaceful especially on the helo pad as there are usually on 2 or 3 people that time of morning which are doing the same thing! :cool:

We are always up bright and early, like around 11-11:30 AM. :eek:

We're night owls on vacation so we usually stay out until 2-3 AM and then sleep in unless we are in port and want to get off the ship earlier. Even then it's like 9 AM that we wake up.

same thing

We like getting around 5:30-6:00 am. There is nothing better on a sea day than getting up and walking on the promenade deck (or jogging track) and watching the sun come up over the sea!

We have our walk, get cleaned up and are into breakfast by 8:30.

A great way to start the day!

Last Feb. we were on a cruise with a special group of about 1000. As far as I know, these people were all night owls. It was amazing waling down the corridor on the promenade deck at 8 am and seeing absolutely deserted!

We had no problem getting a table for breakfast in the MDR which was pretty empty.

It was the oddest (but pleasant) experience we've ever had on a ship!

FDW and I are up at least 90 mins before and port day. We get room service and eat a quick breakfast so we can try to be off the boat when ok'd.

Although I did happen to wake up very early when we pull into NY harbor. It was very enjoyable because I got to "relive" the same views all the immigrants saw during the early 1900's....statue of liberty and Ellis island.

The harbor tugs also turned on their giant water cannons and shot red white and blue water into the air as we past.

On a ship I wake up early around 7 am maybe 7:30. I'm too excited to sleep I like to bound out of bed and stroll around the decks, poke around the lounges while they are empty, watch the ship steam into port and enjoy every waking moment possible.

Jonathan

I love to sleep in at home, but when I'm on a cruise I'm usually up by 6! I think it's just the excitement of being on a cruise and looking forward to what the day has to offer. In the past I haven't gotten up early and walked, but I think I will on this cruise...it will be a great way to get some sunrise pictures!

We tend to be night-owls at home and we actually often go to bed earlier on a cruise . Since I stay up until 1:30-2:00 at home, 12-1 seems early. My DH goes to bed around the same as home, maybe midnight.

If it's a sea day we sleep in, varying from 8-10. A couple of times on a TA with lots of sea days we even missed breakfast!

On port days we get up according to what we have planned and what the ship schedule is, such as up early for an early excursion, up later if just walking around the port.

You morning people have me to thank for the ship being so quiet and peaceful at sunrise. Of course I would love to be up jogging at 6:00 am, but because I know many of my CC friends are morning people and like to have the ship to themselves at that hour, I stay in bed till 10:00. You're welcome!

Me, too! Everyone keeps saying it's quiet and peaceful at 6am. Of course it is! The rest of us are still in bed!

On our next cruise (August), we have a 10am or an 11am excursion or group activity nearly every day. So, we won't be able to sleep in much later than 8.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am reading reviews about different ships and see a lot of people talk about sunrise pictures and I see many photos of common areas with no people (pool decks, etc). That made me wonder...

What time do you get up while on a cruise? I am not a morning person but would love to be able to be up and enjoy some quiet time in "prime" areas.

When on vacations, I wake up any time I am darn pleased :D

My job often requires that I go to bed by 6 or 7 PM, wake up at 2 AM, and arrive at work by 3 AM. That means I’ll take ANY and ALL chances to enjoy some nightlife, stay up late and sleep in during my vacation.

I usually like to get room service and have breakfast on the balcony around 8, then shower, shampoo, shine and get out and about by 9. Every once in a while, I’ll take the opportunity to get up early, view the sunrise, get some photos and then head back to the cabin and go back to sleep. Definitely NOT a morning person, LOL!

:D

I'm an early bird on vacation. I'm usually by 6 or 7 at the latest. I also like early flights en route to vacation. Now at home, I have to be up by 6:30 at the latest to get to work on time. That's more of a struggle :)

Me, too! Everyone keeps saying it's quiet and peaceful at 6am. Of course it is! The rest of us are still in bed!

On our next cruise (August), we have a 10am or an 11am excursion or group activity nearly every day. So, we won't be able to sleep in much later than 8.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Maybe those of us in the early crew should stop talking about why we get up. We really don't want to entice 2000 out of bed and ruin their day.... or our morning!;):D

Anytime between 6-10 depending on if its a port day or how many cocktails we have had.

If its a port day we wake up an hour before the ship is due to dock so we can have breakfast and get ready.

If its a sea day itll be a toss up to run and grab a good spot or lie in...I am generally a nightowl and hubby turns into one when we go away.

I know people say they love the ship to themselves in the morning light but cuddled up on a deserted aft deck with the night sky and frothy wake is just as wonderful.

My traveling companion and I always get up early on the first day of the cruise because of our tradition of ordering Eggs Benedict in the MDR for our first cruise breakfast.

If we have an early shore excursion, we'll get up as early as necessary and get room service for breakfast, saving ourselves the time it takes to walk to the elevator, wait for the elevator, ride the elevator to the buffet, select our food from the buffet, walk to the elevator, wait for the elevator, ride the elevator, and walk back to our room. With room service, we just have to allow ourselves enough time to eat.

On days at sea, and days where our shore excursion begins in the afternoon, we sleep as long as we want, but practically all the time, we wake up with enough time to go to the buffet and have breakfast before it closes.

I know that some people say that they get up early on cruises because they don't want to sleep the day away, but some early risers said that they have to take afternoon naps because they get up so early. I would rather be awake in the afternoon than in the morning. And I prefer sunsets to sunrises.

I know that some people say that they get up early on cruises because they don't want to sleep the day away, but some early risers said that they have to take afternoon naps because they get up so early. I would rather be awake in the afternoon than in the morning. And I prefer sunsets to sunrises.

Agree with that actually..and your right sunsets are better :)