What time do you wake up?

SMN73

We're morning people. We get up at 5:00 a.m. at home and also on the cruise, we just wake up early.

On our Oasis cruise, we were up at 4:30 a.m. and went to the solarium and watched us creep into Port Everglades. It was cool, wish we had brought jackets and we were going so SLOW like gliding on ice. There was only one other passenger in the Solarium. It was fantastic .... we would like to do that again on our Allure cruise.

We are also early to bed people - we are usually back in our cabin by 10:00 p.m. or even earlier - not night owls at all (and we're not that old).

We're usually up between 6:30 and 7, but we're on vacation so sleeping in is good:D And, we never go to bed before midnight on a cruise. We've stayed out as late as 3 am (we slept a bit later that time lol) and usually it's closer to 1 am. We always stay in a JS or GS so the light helps wake us up too.

DH normally gets up at 5 and I get up at 5:40 for work, so anything past that is great. We almost always eat breakfast in the MDR and are usually up to watch the ship tie up in port.

The only naps we get is if we're by the pool or in the solarium in the shade in the afternoon.

Edited by BND

We are always up bright and early, like around 11-11:30 AM. :eek:

We're night owls on vacation so we usually stay out until 2-3 AM and then sleep in unless we are in port and want to get off the ship earlier. Even then it's like 9 AM that we wake up.

LIKE! You are my kind of person. I'm glad to know there are others like me. I don't wake up until 8:30 am on work days, no way I want get up early on vacation. Since I'm not a big breakfast fan, waking up in time for lunch works great. :D

Breakfast on our balcony arrives between 8-8:30. Ready to start our day around 9:30. We are night owls at home, going to bed around 1:30am. We both work in the evening and I don't get home until 12MN. But on our cruise last month, we left the MDR @ 10:30pm and in bed by MN! Something about the sea air, sun and being on vacation makes me more ready for bed earlier.

I'm always up by 5:30-6:00 no matter what time we went to bed! Always watch us pull into port. We always have a balcony, so I grab a coffee and sit on the balcony. Usually start waking my husband between 7:00 and 8:00 to get ready for breakfast. (Although we always have to take a couple of days off work after the cruise to catch up on our sleep)!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am usually up and out of my cabin by 7:00 in search of that first cup of coffee (while DH sleeps till about 8:00). I take a walk, while watching the ship come to life. At least once during the week I get up early enough to enjoy a sunrise, and to snap a few pictures.

I am, however, not a morning person. I prefer the night. We do not head back to our cabin until after midnight. We spend another 1/2 hour out on our balcony until DH decides he needs his beauty sleep; so he is in bed by about 1:00. I am up for another hour reading in bed; something I never do at home. I may take a 15 minute nap on the pool deck in the afternoon, then again, I may not.

I average about 5 hours of sleep per night on a cruise (about 6 hours a night at home). Life is to interesting to spend it sleeping.

When we have a balcony we get coffee delivered about 7 or 7:30. Often the call telling us room service is on the way serves as a wake up call. We have a promenade on our next cruise, so I am not sure what we will do. But, I am thankful for this thread. It is encouraging me to get up early and take an early morning walk or get a cup of coffee and go sit on an upper deck. Can't wait to find out what we do.:D

LIKE! You are my kind of person. I'm glad to know there are others like me. I don't wake up until 8:30 am on work days, no way I want get up early on vacation. Since I'm not a big breakfast fan, waking up in time for lunch works great. :D

I am on vaction so I generally miss breakfast in order to lounge in bed reading. I don't want to be out of bed early, ever, but as I have gotten older I can't sleep in like I used to so I'll read until I am read to face daylight. My husband is a morning person and gets up to run whereas I will power walk on deck after lunch.

Edited by Bookish Angel

I am reading reviews about different ships and see a lot of people talk about sunrise pictures and I see many photos of common areas with no people (pool decks, etc). That made me wonder...

What time do you get up while on a cruise? I am not a morning person but would love to be able to be up and enjoy some quiet time in "prime" areas.

I am not a morning person, but on a cruise I stay up late and wake up early. Lots of stuff to do and I don't want to miss anything.

We are always up bright and early, like around 11-11:30 AM. :eek:

We're night owls on vacation so we usually stay out until 2-3 AM and then sleep in unless we are in port and want to get off the ship earlier. Even then it's like 9 AM that we wake up.

HaHa! Us too! Actually, our favorite part of the day is between midnight and 3am. It's like we have the ship to ourselves! And walking outside in the moonlight with the warm wind whipping around you is one of the most magical parts of a cruise for me!

When we were on Freedom, we had one of those cantilevered hot tubs all to ourselves on several nights from about 1 to 2 am. Although once we had to move from one hot tub to another so the crew could clean :)

And we became very friendly with the night crew at Cafe Promenade. In fact, one of my favorite memories from that cruise was the night (2:30 am) the server told us to have a seat and then proceeded to bring us out plate after plate of goodies :0 Both of us had been trying to diet (what can I say - it was our first cruise and we didn't know any better!) and he quite decisively brought an end to the diet that night :D

About 6 a.m. Jump into the hot tubs, usually alone, watch the sun come up, have a little breakfast and coffee. Then I go to the cabin around 8, wake up DW, and then go have breakfast with her.:) Also I love to stay up late and enjoy the ship while everybody else is sleeping.

You morning people have me to thank for the ship being so quiet and peaceful at sunrise. Of course I would love to be up jogging at 6:00 am, but because I know many of my CC friends are morning people and like to have the ship to themselves at that hour, I stay in bed till 10:00. You're welcome!

I'm usually out of the cabin by 5 AM. I like to pick up a cup of coffee and take a walk around the ship and out on deck. You soon get to "meet" the morning folks. It is the same people every day and there are not very many of us. Mostly you have the ship to yourself. It is so peacefull and great to watch the sunrise or the approach to a port of call. If I ever slept in and missed a morning I'd be really disappointed with myself.

Me too. I get up at 5am for work so it`s kind of programmed into me. Like Oceanboy, I love a walk around deck with a cup of coffee and the approach to a new port when the ship seems empty is simply wonderful.

Pete:)

You morning people have me to thank for the ship being so quiet and peaceful at sunrise. Of course I would love to be up jogging at 6:00 am, but because I know many of my CC friends are morning people and like to have the ship to themselves at that hour, I stay in bed till 10:00. You're welcome!

Ha ha. Thank you Constantcruiser. thats very considerate :D