Water for formula

I will be traveling with a baby next month and I will be feeding him formula on board.

Does you feel the water on board is "normal" tasting and is treated/cleaned properly?

I am going to bring some bottled water, but it seems to be a crap shoot on whether it is taken away upon boarding or not.

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

I will be traveling with a baby next month and I will be feeding him formula on board.

Does you feel the water on board is "normal" tasting and is treated/cleaned properly?

I am going to bring some bottled water, but it seems to be a crap shoot on whether it is taken away upon boarding or not.

Thanks!

There are bottled water packages available if that appeals to you.

Yes. I've never had them take water and we've brought it 4x. They always did the "Shake test". However this time with our baby I mentioned it was too mix her powdered formula with and they didn't even shake it. I was just recommending you carry it on versus putting it in your checked luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There would be absolutely no problem with using the ship's water for the formula. The ship water is probably purer than any bottled water you may bring (unless you are bringing sterile water).

Just make sure you make up any bottles you may need before going ashore with the baby.

There is absolutely no problem with using the ship's water for the formula. The ship's water is probably purer than any bottled water you may bring on board (unless you are planning on buying sterile water).

Make sure that you make up any bottles you may need before going ashore with the baby.

I'm picky about water (don't like tap water at home) so I bring one of those filtering sports bottles (like Bobble) and it makes it tastes better. If you are worried about it, maybe you could pack one of those and squeeze the filtered water into the baby bottle. That is, if charcoal filters are safe for babies. I would assume so, but have no idea if it's true.

There is absolutely no problem with using the ship's water for the formula. The ship water is probably purer than any bottled water you bring on board (unless you are buying sterile water).

Make sure you make up any formula bottles you might need before going ashore.

All of the food, ice and beverages on the ship are made with the same water that comes from your bathroom tap. It's perfectly fine. Since a child must be at least 6 months old to sail, they are waaaaay past the need for "sterility"....they are moving about, touching things, and picking up plenty of germs to make their immune system strong and healthy.

Edited by cb at sea

I have a drop water filter that's small and inexpensive. They're about $20 and very portable. The water is filtered on the ship but maybe something like this would give you a little more peace of mind. ImageUploadedByForums1402847808.899706.jpg.27dcb36caad77d3336aaf5c4d8ce3986.jpg

Carnival Paradise 4/2014

Edited by Jenhem31

I was also trying to be prepared just in case something happened like it did with Carnival in Feb 2013. We took enough formula and bottled water for 2 weeks. I can't remember with carnivals incident if all the rooms had water since not all the toilets worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

I would contact RCI they might supply you with bottled water for free like they do if you have a CPAP machine. Please do not believe the folks raving about the ships water, yes it is is perfectly safe to drink. However it is not purer than bottled water nor filtered except for making ice. It can at times have a chlorine taste especially on the older ships.

Experienced travelers who want better water, just take a filter-pitcher. It can remove impurities that make it through the ship's treatment system and improve the taste. I actually think the ship's tap water tastes OK, but it's a lot better when using the filter pitcher.

Bottled water is cumbersome, expensive, and not really good for the environment. You can get the same benefits much more conveniently and at less expense.

Experienced travelers who want better water, just take a filter-pitcher. It can remove impurities that make it through the ship's treatment system and improve the taste. I actually think the ship's tap water tastes OK, but it's a lot better when using the filter pitcher.

Bottled water is cumbersome, expensive, and not really good for the environment. You can get the same benefits much more conveniently and at less expense.

+1

Very good advice.

Sorry - is that actually what you meant to say? :confused:

Yes. I've never had them take water and we've brought it 4x...

I see what you meant now. I misunderstood it to mean they wouldn't take it onboard for you - that they confiscated it. Gotcha. ;) Thanks.