Online TA offers just $50 pp Deposit but......

i cant mention TA's but its a big TA from Canberra and they have cruises from Hawaii to Sydney 2/10/15 19 nights from $2288 and final due 11/4/15 so its 6 months out and deposit of $25 pp

3rd one is Sydney to Hawaii 9th april with $300 obc with a deposit of $25 pp and final due 18/10/15, nearly 6 months out

they have another one from Hawaii to Sydney this october 5/10/15 with a $100 deposit and from $2697 pp

Thanks.

Thinking about Solstice April 2016.

About to book the Carnival Spirit repo Singapore to Sydney Aug 2015.

Prices seem good for 15 days and $200 deposit p/p.

A stay at Marina bay sands and cruise home would be nice.

Fly Scoot from GC to Singapore for under $200 one way would work nicely with the repo.

Wouldn't get me paying in full six months out. Don't you loose your money after final payment?

No access to "new booking only" specials (usually after final payment).

Seems tilted more in TA's favour, rather than passenger's.

I think with the abolition of the TCF, people just need to make sure that an agent is accredited under the ATAS (Australian Travel Accreditation Scheme). Agencies will still need a license to operate and this information should be available on any TA website (or on display if it's a bricks and mortar agency). Any misconduct and they risk their license and would be unable to operate.

Ok Question:p

If Australian TCF protection is done away with on July 1st then this defunks RCI,s argument and explanation to why Australians must book if going direct- through "RCI Australia" and not RCI.com:confused:

RCI,s main explanation and argument to why I could not book with the cheaper priced RCI.com prices and T&C,s was because of consumer protection costs associated with Australian travel laws and not a simple money grab:confused:

Ok Question:p

If Australian TCF protection is done away with on July 1st then this defunks RCI,s argument and explanation to why Australians must book if going direct- through "RCI Australia" and not RCI.com:confused:

RCI,s main explanation and argument to why I could not book with the cheaper priced RCI.com prices and T&C,s was because of consumer protection costs associated with Australian travel laws and not a simple money grab:confused:

You're still protected by the ACCC if you book through Australian agents or websites. Not the case if you use a foreign agent or site.

You're still protected by the ACCC if you book through Australian agents or websites. Not the case if you use a foreign agent or site.

Not entirely sure how you are protected by the ACCC as far as the travel industry goes but as far as protection from the ACCC in regards to the travel shop going belly up I am of the opinion that as an unsecured creditor your protection amounts to buggar all.....perhaps someone who knows the ACCC ruling can elaborate.....

The ACCC doesn't protect you - you can't go to them and get a judgement/compensation in your favour if there is some dispute.