NCL Gem Luggage Tags, priority?

Kortehgehn

Hello all,

I received my luggage tags from NCL today for our upcoming cruise on the Gem. I was curious though because they were not preprinted with all of our info, they do not say priority on them and have a different design then the old ones. In the past they have always had this information on them, I wonder, is there no more priority luggage? Does NCL send out generic luggage tags to everyone now? :confused:

Hello all,

I received my luggage tags from NCL today for our upcoming cruise on the Gem. I was curious though because they were not preprinted with all of our info, they do not say priority on them and have a different design then the old ones. In the past they have always had this information on them, I wonder, is there no more priority luggage? Does NCL send out generic luggage tags to everyone now? :confused:

Not sure what you mean. Did it not have your cabin on it?

They usually have your cabin number on them. You will in personal info - we only put cell number on them.

Things like "priority" always give me a chuckle. Sort of like the "priority" line for lattitudes members. If there are hundreds or thousands that are also priority - it is therefore of no value - yes?

I guess it just surprised me that there was no cabin number or my name, my wife's name etc... All of our previous luggage tags have had that info printed on them already. Our online tags from our e-docs have a cabin number but look different that the ones we got in the mail. I've attached a picture, but it's not the best:

LuggageTags.bmp

As mentioned, these at least come with the sticky backing. The ones that most people print out are on plain paper/card stock and need to be stapled or taped together.

Interesting that they were not pre printed with at least your cabin. Oh well. Make sure the cabin number is very clear so it gets there.

I received 'sticky' luggage tags in the mail on approximately June 3rd for a mid July sailing on the Gem. They do say priority along with our room number.

I thought NCL only sends 'sticky' luggage tags to suite cruisers at this moment and I don't know what category the OP is sailing in. Maybe for other cabins, NCL sends luggage tags without the complete information filled in?? Only a guess!! :)

I received 'sticky' luggage tags in the mail on approximately June 3rd for a mid July sailing on the Gem. They do say priority along with our room number.

I thought NCL only sends 'sticky' luggage tags to suite cruisers at this moment and I don't know what category the OP is sailing in. Maybe for other cabins, NCL sends luggage tags without the complete information filled in?? Only a guess!! :)

Not always! Last time I was in a suite I never got any tags in mail - sticky back or otherwise - still had to print them off, tape and staple like everyone else! :)

OP - I would simply login into MyNCL and see if you can print them off there - it should have your cabin # and name on them so that you don't have to do it by hand. What they send in the mail is often hit and miss.

I guess it just surprised me that there was no cabin number or my name, my wife's name etc... All of our previous luggage tags have had that info printed on them already. Our online tags from our e-docs have a cabin number but look different that the ones we got in the mail. I've attached a picture, but it's not the best:

LuggageTags.bmp

That's the old NCL logo and font. They set you up with a leftover..

You said these came directly from NCL? What else was in the package. NCL no longer send tags to anyone other than suites. Priority on the tags is an indicator of suites. I think someone else pointed out that these are the old style luggage tags and they haven't been used for a while. Not sure who or why they were sent. Did you book a guarantee?

Strange!

These were sent through the preconcierge last week after we had called because we had still not received our tags for our June 28th Sailing. Very frustrating as I had been told multiple times by different people for the past four weeks that tags had been sent and they never showed up. My wife finally called again last Thursday and they looked up our booking and told us that the tags still said "pending" and the documents department would send them out Friday. This is probably the third time we were told they would be sent. Got these tags in the mail today.

Now that someone mentioned it I do recognize the old font on those tags. Quite frustrated getting the run around with the preconcierge at this point. :(

Thanks for the input and the help!!!

Yea, they should have sent them. But, I , personally would not have spent time on the phone with them. Lots of people just get tags on the pier if they do not mail them, or they can not print them online or they just forget them.

After having luggage get lost, rerouted and stolen over the years I suppose I am just overly anxious about luggage tags for any trip cruising or flying etc... Seems like my luggage always finds a way to get lost. Although I have never had a problem on NCL, I just really like the printed tags with the room number for that reason. I suppose at this point I can always print the online ones with the room number, I just always worry about the tags coming off the luggage or getting damaged or wet.

Just as a side note though, I feel like the preconcierge desk just tells you what you want to hear, I have gotten so many different explanations from them when I call it's unreal.

I just always worry about the tags coming off the luggage or getting damaged or wet.

Once you staple the luggage tags, you can wrap clear plastic tape around them to protect it from the wet. Thats what i do for my bags.

After having luggage get lost, rerouted and stolen over the years I suppose I am just overly anxious about luggage tags for any trip cruising or flying etc... Seems like my luggage always finds a way to get lost. Although I have never had a problem on NCL, I just really like the printed tags with the room number for that reason. I suppose at this point I can always print the online ones with the room number, I just always worry about the tags coming off the luggage or getting damaged or wet.

Just as a side note though, I feel like the preconcierge desk just tells you what you want to hear, I have gotten so many different explanations from them when I call it's unreal.

The pre-concierge at NCL has been hit and miss (mostly miss from our experience and what has been reported here) so don't feel like they are picking on you.

Edited by dexddd

Okay, so I am hoping these are the correct and current tags:

LuggageTags2.jpg

Interestingly enough supposedly the reason why we never got tags mailed weeks ago was because the suite categories were changed from a S# to an H# which apparently made NCL's automated luggage tag request system go crazy and refuse to print any tags.

A few people mentioned they got the correct tags on this thread though so I am not sure if this is true, but I was told this meant that many Haven guests would be receiving old generic tags instead of printed tags. Again I don't know if that is all true or just a story they told me but thought it might be of interest to some. :rolleyes: