Your impressions of the Silhouette

cruising_Bif

We have been on the Silhouette twice and going again in December. Any specific questions?

One comes to mind: is there enough to do on the ship during the day? I wonder if the better option is to go with a ship like Oasis or Allure. However, I found an attractive price on the Silhouette, plus a free beverage package. Makes it difficult to pass up!

Oasis and Allure are giant ships, but Silhouette is still a large ship. Unless you're looking specifically for things like wave riders and rock climbing walls you'll have more than enough activities to keep you busy on Silhouette. If you search for "dailies" on the boards you'll find links that people have posted to the daily on board newsletters, which include all the activities and times.

Oasis and Allure are giant ships' date=' but Silhouette is still a large ship. Unless you're looking specifically for things like wave riders and rock climbing walls you'll have more than enough activities to keep you busy on Silhouette. If you search for "dailies" on the boards you'll find links that people have posted to the daily on board newsletters, which include all the activities and times.[/quote']

Great idea to search for the dailies! Are they in the general Celebrity forum, or are they found in other places?

4 transatlantics with the sil....

ugh...

all is very very good EXCEPT for the internet and phone systems management.

3 trips ...fantastic internet...4th...hosed due to ships computer issues, so they

tell me. On each trip either sprint or att not working at all..the last cruise this

winter had less than 10 to 15% available compared to what was normal.

if you need internet/cell phones...make sure you write that on your payment

and or speak to relations pre cruise.

4 transatlantics with the sil....

ugh...

all is very very good EXCEPT for the internet and phone systems management.

3 trips ...fantastic internet...4th...hosed due to ships computer issues, so they

tell me. On each trip either sprint or att not working at all..the last cruise this

winter had less than 10 to 15% available compared to what was normal.

if you need internet/cell phones...make sure you write that on your payment

and or speak to relations pre cruise.

Apparently it is all better now:D

My DH and I really enjoyed her while sailing the Adriatic. There wasn't anything that was a negative, but again, that is subjective! We loved our cabin on the hump on the Sky Deck...:cool: Our roll call was fantastic and the friends we met superb...My favorite waiter, Minnie was out of this world. He had moved from the Eclipse; however, he has since gone back to Bali...

Edited by Lastdance

We did the Western Caribbean on Silhouette in February. It was our first cruise experience as a couple after 20 years of marriage. Let's just say Celebrity and the Silhouette has us hooked on cruising! The ship is beautiful! We really enjoyed Aqua class! You won't be disappointed!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Apparently it is all better now:D

Really? I hope so. My husband is seriously considering renting a satellite phone so that he can reach his office and our family when we are at sea. Having been on the Reflection this winter we know that our AT&t cell phone never worked unless we were in port. Hoping that they they fixed whatever issues OnWaves had with the cellular carriers and we will now have connectivity...crossing our fingers!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Silhouette is immaculate; gorgeous ship.

Buffet food was excellent. MDR food was good (my only complaint was that MDR wait to get a table was very slow.) Mast Grill has delicious food. Speciality restaurants very good. Qsine was our favorite.

Service all around is wonderful.

Spa is great, solarium is great, hot tubs, public spaces all lovely.

Very nice passenger mix on our sailing, folks are polite, friendly, and follow the dress code.

Entertainment was good, too.

Definitely an A in our book!

Having trouble finding them. Are they called "dailies"?

The official name is "Celebrity Today", but people on the forums often call then "dailies". There is a current thread being posted by viva_la_vida that has some photos of recent "dailies" from the Summit, so you might want to check those out. I have older ones, but activities do change from time to time.

If you are looking for activities to keep you busy on this ship, I would look elsewhere. This ship is about service, atmosphere, relaxation, class, style. If you are on a port intensive cruise, just use this as your hotel. Do you care if your hotel has activities? If it is not a port intensive cruise, and sitting in the sun, reading, working out, etc. aren't enough - I would look at the bigger ships like Oasis and Allure. Whatever activities there are on a Celebrity ship are an addition to the Celebrity cruise experience, unlike being on the Oasis and the Allure, where the activities make the cruise expereince. The beverage packages can be lots of fun even if you are not big drinkers - just the flexibility to order this or that and not worry about cost. Good luck.