Avalon Waterways advertisement tiny print

Has anyone seen the full page newspaper advertisement by Avalon Waterways with the tiny print? It is the one with a full picture on the right hand side of Deborah Hutton and the top half is a boat cruising along the river.

I'm not talking about the fine print at the bottom, the tiny print is about the actual cruises.

I wonder who they are targeting their marketing at? Not seniors that is for sure!

Has anyone seen the full page newspaper advertisement by Avalon Waterways with the tiny print? It is the one with a full picture on the right hand side of Deborah Hutton and the top half is a boat cruising along the river.

I'm not talking about the fine print at the bottom, the tiny print is about the actual cruises.

I wonder who they are targeting their marketing at? Not seniors that is for sure!

Seniors with magnifying glasses perhaps?:D

I keep a small magnifying glass in my kitchen to check the ingredients lists on packages. Sometimes those are so tiny they are almost impossible to read. I really need to take a magnifying glass with me when I'm shopping. I usually find that the more nasty stuff that is in something the smaller the print. :mad:

I personally think that the small print size shows a lack of respect for the reader, especially when it is a full page advertisement.

It is one thing to use a small magnifying glass to read the fine print at the bottom of the page, however it shouldn't be necessary to use one to read the advertisement itself.

I personally think that the small print size shows a lack of respect for the reader, especially when it is a full page advertisement.

It is one thing to use a small magnifying glass to read the fine print at the bottom of the page, however it shouldn't be necessary to use one to read the advertisement itself.

It is a really bad design for an advertisment. :(

Unless they are specifically targeting people with good eyesight or glasses.:rolleyes:

It is a really bad design for an advertisment. :(

Unless they are specifically targeting people with good eyesight or glasses.:rolleyes:

I agree it is a bad design. If they want to attract me to their cruises, at least make it easy for me to read where they cruise, after all cruising is a "want", not "a need". I'd like to do a river cruise.

Edited by MMDown Under

I agree it is a bad design. If they want to attract me to their cruises, at least make it easy for me to read where they cruise, after all cruising is a "want", not "a need". I'd like to do a river cruise.

I think that depends on how strong the addiction is.:rolleyes:

We did a Rhine cruise with Avalon several years ago. It was an excellent trip. The boat (boat on a river, ship on a sea?) was beautiful and I believe they are even better now. Great food too.

We did a Rhine cruise with Avalon several years ago. It was an excellent trip. The boat (boat on a river, ship on a sea?) was beautiful and I believe they are even better now. Great food too.

That is good to hear.

Packetau are on Avalon now from Amsterdam to Budapest.

I have a large magnifying glass on my desk....I tend to use it a lot...even with my glasses :D

I keep a small magnifying glass in my kitchen to check the ingredients lists on packages. Sometimes those are so tiny they are almost impossible to read. I really need to take a magnifying glass with me when I'm shopping. I usually find that the more nasty stuff that is in something the smaller the print. :mad:

MMDown Under I personally think that the small print size shows a lack of respect for the reader, especially when it is a full page advertisement.

Magnifying glasses are amongst the biggest sellers at our local $2 Dollar store.

They display them just inside the front door so you can see them.:)

Magnifying glasses are amongst the biggest sellers at our local $2 Dollar store.

They display them just inside the front door so you can see them.:)

My ex-boss was surprised to see in China, eye-glass style magnifying glasses being advertised as 'OLD PEOPLE'S GLASSES'. My old Dad says that he doesn't need glasses, just longer arms. :)