Majesty - Would You Do It?

My husband and I just celebrated our 20th anniversary. We are considering booking the 4 night Majesty cruise, sailing in just over two weeks. Yikes! This cruise appeals to us because of its length and ports. How do people feel about the Majesty and this itinerary? We just want to get away, alone, for a few days. Good idea? (As an aside, we sailed on the Monarch for our honeymoon) Thoughts?

I'd prefer the sea day that Enchantment has on the 4 day, but I understand why Majesty would be attractive if you are convenient driving distance to Miami.

Edited by clarea

We would actually be flying down. I can still get reasonable airfare. I would also like a sea day but we have been to Nassau a few times already so wouldn't spend much time on the island. We would be on the ship for the most part so it would be almost like a sea day. We both love Key West and have never been to Coco Cay. Really just looking for a quick getaway, both love cruising and would like to try RC again. We have done several cruises with our kids but have always used Carnival. What type of crowd can we expect on Majesty? What condition is the ship in? How is the staff?

aurelius180 - you must have posted while I was typing. You answered some of my specific questions :)

Edited by bowen9475

Majesty is great! I have sailed on her several times and will be in September again. I like sailing out of Miami so much more that Port Canaveral. I love the ports and usually the price is very reasonable. Go for it!

After my visit to the hospital, we booked a 3-day on the Majesty to see if I could still tolerate cruising. We had a 14-night booked later that year. We really liked it! There's a wonderful snack/light lunch venue on a deck above the Windjammer, and most don't discover it over the course of a short cruise. For most purposes, it's not worth flying for such a short cruise, but we were checking out to see if cruising was still an option for us. For us, flying is an all day affair. We can't get anywhere but Dallas, Houston, etc on one flight. We can't even fly to Austin, because they route us through Dallas!

Edited by knittinggirl

We would actually be flying down. I can still get reasonable airfare. I would also like a sea day but we have been to Nassau a few times already so wouldn't spend much time on the island. We would be on the ship for the most part so it would be almost like a sea day. We both love Key West and have never been to Coco Cay. Really just looking for a quick getaway, both love cruising and would like to try RC again. We have done several cruises with our kids but have always used Carnival. What type of crowd can we expect on Majesty? What condition is the ship in? How is the staff?

aurelius180 - you must have posted while I was typing. You answered some of my specific questions :)

I moonlight as a mind reader. :)

You'll have the pool to yourself for most of the day while docked in Nassau.

You'll probably hear a lot about these short cruises being a "party" atmosphere but in our recent experience it's been pretty subdued. In August 2013 when we were on it was a like a morgue. I have a few pictures of the Schooner Bar at night completely empty. There seemed to be more European families so maybe that explained it.

Last October was more exciting but certainly not an out of control party crowd. Our first cruise was a 3-night on the Majesty and that was a bit of a partying crowd but nothing out of control. I think you'll enjoy yourself! Have a great time! :)

Edited by aurelius180

We did the majesty four day itinerary in April and loved it - great ship & great crew! My only complaint is that we were late getting into Key West, and then couldn't get off the ship for another 90 minutes because everyone wishing to do so had to go through immigration/customs. We really enjoyed Key West but didn't have much time to see the sights.

Happy Anniversary, and enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We would fly the morning of, a 3 hour non-stop flight from Providence to FLL. We would then need to get to the port of Miami. Even with having to fly, I think it would be worth it. We really need a break and some time alone :) Your responses are very encouraging.

My husband and I just celebrated our 20th anniversary. We are considering booking the 4 night Majesty cruise, sailing in just over two weeks. Yikes! This cruise appeals to us because of its length and ports. How do people feel about the Majesty and this itinerary? We just want to get away, alone, for a few days. Good idea? (As an aside, we sailed on the Monarch for our honeymoon) Thoughts?
Yes do it, in fact I'm going today on the 3 day and booked last week!

We are also in So. FLA and the weather here today is great for cruising! Have a great weekend and let us know how it was. Can you find out when they expect to roll out the 3 drinks on the sea pass card on the Majesty?

Go for it! My husband and I love the short cruises. We're going on Majesty next weekend, in fact. You can't think of them the same as a longer cruise. They are just a great weekend getaway where you can see the islands and enjoy good food, usually for cheaper than if you stayed in a hotel.

Have you looked at Carnival Victory? It also leaves from Miami. You'd get Key West, Cozumel and a sea day. Although we haven't been on Majesty yet, we were on Monarch 3 times and I thought Victory was a nicer ship than Monarch.

Congrats on your anniversary.

Edited by CruisinCrow

Thanks for all the encouragement. I think we will be booking! We are really just looking for a quick getaway and this fits the bill. We love Key West and would love to check out Coco Cay.

Have you looked at Carnival Victory? It also leaves from Miami. You'd get Key West, Cozumel and a sea day. Although we haven't been on Majesty yet, we were on Monarch 3 times and I thought Victory was a nicer ship than Monarch.

We have done four Carnival cruises with our kids, including one on the Victory. While we have loved every one, my husband would really like to try a different cruise line since it's just the two of us but thanks for the suggestion :)

We have done four Carnival cruises with our kids, including one on the Victory. While we have loved every one, my husband would really like to try a different cruise line since it's just the two of us but thanks for the suggestion :)

I totally get that. That's why we're trying Majesty this time instead of going on Victory again.

Since you were on Monarch for your honeymoon, going on the sister-ship would be kind of romantic. :) And Coco Cay is great.

Edited by CruisinCrow

Go for it. Majesty is such a nice ship, very well maintained. And the crew is very accommodating.

Coco Cay, is lovely with lots of thing to do.

Behind Sorrentos above the Windjammer they have a cafe where soups and paninis are served, except for boarding day. And the best nutella crepes. This is the Majesty's best kept secret :)

As others have said, I would prefer Enchantment to Majesty since she is a newer and IMO nicer ship. But if Majesty was going to Key West that might sway my decision, I love going to KW for the day, especially when it doesn't require driving there.

Go for it...

Awesome ship, great itinerary... In Coco Cay make an effort to be on a first tender out... YOu will enjoy the beach for couple of hours....

In Nassau, you will have a ship to yourselves (unless you want to brave the heat and crowds by getting off). Make sure to attend the mid-night buffet and sail-away from Nassau... Lots of fun.

If you want to get off in Key West, buy an excursion. That way you do not need to wait till every Tom, Dick and Harry get off their lazy butts and go through the customs...

You will love it... It was an awesome (and relatively inexpensive) way to get away for a few days ....

I am "yellows" ;)

After my visit to the hospital, we booked a 3-day on the Majesty to see if I could still tolerate cruising. We had a 14-night booked later that year. We really liked it! There's a wonderful snack/light lunch venue on a deck above the Windjammer, and most don't discover it over the course of a short cruise. For most purposes, it's not worth flying for such a short cruise, but we were checking out to see if cruising was still an option for us. For us, flying is an all day affair. We can't get anywhere but Dallas, Houston, etc on one flight. We can't even fly to Austin, because they route us through Dallas!

Majesty is wonderful....the wonderful light lunch snack venue being referred to is Compass Deli....delightful crepes and wraps and salads. Most people never find out about it....but it is wonderful.

Enjoy Her Majesty. We have sailed on her a great deal. Wonderful crew and fun time.

Yay! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! Enjoy, you deserve it!

My hubby and I are sailing on Majesty in September to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. Please post a review and tell us all about it!

Have an amazing cruise!

HI we have been on her sister, Monarch and loved it! We love the deck 9 superior ocean view cabins. The view is "obstructed" by the life boats, but we love to look at eh life boats lit up at night with batteries charging! The room si a nice size and has a lovely corner sofa! We are in Orlando and are thinking of flying to MIA to go on her too!