O'Sheehan's - questions about charges

Hikini

Apples and oranges.

The whole point was to make sure people do understand that the exact same ice cream is offered for free elsewhere. That's all. I'm sorry that for some bizarre reason that threatens some. The point is that you can pay or not pay for the same thing, whichever you choose for whatever reasons. A lot of people didn't know that it's the same ice cream. Hopefully some of them do know that now.

I learned a long time ago on these boards to preface some of my comments.....

Eg...." I know not everyone will agree, but...."

Or...."before you get the wrong idea..."

Now if you had said.."just an FYI, and if you would rather not spend the extra money, but it is certainly understandable that you may want to...."

Yes, everyone us touchy around here. Too much so at times. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

$20/week get unlimited icecream/dessert from any specialty dining venue.

Can you say "yum!" I'd totally haul it all back to my room, and put it in the mini fridge haha

I bet they would charge $20 a day and get it!! Lol

Learned so much with all the ice cream talk! My 6 yr old will thank you all. I think the buffet for free Ice Cream but possibly getting milkshakes at O'Sheehans will be worth the extra money.

Another question, does anyone know how much bowling costs? I understand there are 2 lanes at O'Sheehans.

Learned so much with all the ice cream talk! My 6 yr old will thank you all. I think the buffet for free Ice Cream but possibly getting milkshakes at O'Sheehans will be worth the extra money.

Another question, does anyone know how much bowling costs? I understand there are 2 lanes at O'Sheehans.

They will not charge him for one scoop of ice cream.

I think someone said bowling was $5

It looks FAB! But it would be enough for 2 for lunch and supper, :p

We really enjoyed O'Sheehan's and my fav. was the Corned Beef and Rye, DH's favourite was the All beef hotdog. yummmm hope there's something to compare with it on the Sun in December. :p

Yes two can share that for sure but I had an all out food fest in my room :eek:

Then three hours later we ate at the Brazilian restaurant which was excellent.

This was my pig out day on the cruise :)

Oh my goodness! We loved the Brazillian restaurant (Moderno) but I can't imagine eating a banana split too. I think I would have popped!!!

We've been to the Brazillian steakhouse-style restaurants here on land and my best advice is to go hungry and take it easy at the salad bar. :)

I don't know about buying a sundae but if I can get a good chocolate malt for $3, you bet I'll be treating myself on our cruise in January.

It's a whole lot cheaper than a frozen alcoholic drink (though I like those too) and something I don't have very often. I look at it this way, if I want to save money, I eat the complimentary things. If I want a treat, just like at home, I pay for it.

Nobody is making me spend more money and I've never felt like I was being nickled and dimed.

I don't know about buying a sundae but if I can get a good chocolate malt for $3, you bet I'll be treating myself on our cruise in January.

It's a whole lot cheaper than a frozen alcoholic drink (though I like those too) and something I don't have very often. I look at it this way, if I want to save money, I eat the complimentary things. If I want a treat, just like at home, I pay for it.

Nobody is making me spend more money and I've never felt like I was being nickled and dimed.

The Banana Split was $4.50 on the Breakaway they will make it anyway you want

its big and worth the calories.

My son had apple pie and asked for a scoop of ice cream on it, no charge.

That frame of mind is what separates people with money and people who are struggling. It's the new generation. As I said, NCL is more than happy to scoop up those three bucks for something that is free just a few yards away.

.?????????

And yet again, just like any other cruise line or any other business- they offer a service for a fee and the customer can purchase the service or not as they choose. I wonder why you bother to choose to sail with NCL at all given how you feel about them. I know that if I felt that way about any company they'd be the last ones that I would want to do business with.

LMB SAILS on NCL????? Seriously???

I don't think so.

Isn't' LMB a disgruntled, former lounge singer from NCL? why else would LMB spend so much time attacking every little thing about a cruise line that caters only to the ignorant masses ? No WAY that the person/ people hiding behind the moniker LMB cruises on NCL with or without said butler.

Never has a cruise review or history , just ubiquitous stabs. Bad blood somewhere.

My spending 3 bucks on a sundae has not affected my retirement plans nor put me in hock. did your 3 back to back to back cruises put you in hock, miss/mrLMB?? See? Not my business, just as it ain't yo business how we spend our drachMas.

Yeesh.

Holier than thou preach city USA

Get a LIFE!

Edited by PDIDDYwife

Woohoo, sounds like fun :p We loved Modernos, all that great food but especially the roasted pineapple, yum!! :p :D

Milkshakes are $3.00 plus gratuity at O'Sheehans.

Thanks for the info! However, is the food 'free', i.e. the 'old blue lagoon'? :confused: We'll be on the Gem in Dec. after the refurbishment.

Does anyone know WHAT will be re-furbished, other than adding O'Sheehans in place of Blue Lagoon?

Thanks to all for your help.

Safe sails:)

I believe all of the food that you used to see in the old Blue Lagoon, (and it was no charge,) is still no charge in the new O'Sheehan's. But there are now extra items that you can order and there is a fee for. Like milkshakes, root beer floats, etc.

For those who have had milkshakes in O'Sheehan's and who have also had milkshakes at Johnny Rockets on Royal Caribbean ships, how would you say they compare?

On RCI ships, I love going to Johnny Rockets and getting a milkshake there. (It does also help that as Crown & Anchor members, we get BOGO coupons for them.)

For those who have had milkshakes in O'Sheehan's and who have also had milkshakes at Johnny Rockets on Royal Caribbean ships, how would you say they compare?

On RCI ships, I love going to Johnny Rockets and getting a milkshake there. (It does also help that as Crown & Anchor members, we get BOGO coupons for them.)

I believe there are no more BOGO for C&A..Also, I believe the price is now $3.95 p/p

I believe all of the food that you used to see in the old Blue Lagoon, (and it was no charge,) is still no charge in the new O'Sheehan's. But there are now extra items that you can order and there is a fee for. Like milkshakes, root beer floats, etc.

Thanks...I'll share DH milkshake. The diabetic part of me knows it should not have her own LOL;)

I believe there are no more BOGO for C&A..Also, I believe the price is now $3.95 p/p

I would like to correct the information about Johnny Rockets...charges are $.4.95 p/p not $3.95 p/p as I previously incorrectly posted. My apologies. There are still no bogo for C&A however, that was correct. sorry :o

Edited by UandMe4Ever

There are still no bogo for C&A however, that was correct. sorry :o

Are you sure about that? I saw over in the Royal Caribbean forum that they weren't listed in Patti's (cruisenfever) list of the coupons, but I thought it was acknowledged that she was on a ship that didn't feature a Johnny Rockets, so the lack of that coupon was possibly due to that.

They did have the BOGO coupon when I was on Independence of the Seas in March. We were using the new electronic coupons then.

I have this GREAT idea! How about if NCL can charge what they want for where they want and pax can go where they want and pay for what they want and not pay for what they don't want?

Hey, they could call it something cool like... freestyle cruising?

Has NCL announced that O'Sheehan's will be on all ships by a date certain? Would they have to do some construction to affect the change over?