Live from the Emerald Princess - Baltic Heritage June 28-July12

Kinkacruiser

Boarding was delayed until 2pm and naturally there was a very long queue by the time we arrived (apparently a red code Noro situation). All's well on day 3, as the tables are dressed.

So far the food and service have been outstanding. The Emerald is indeed a beautiful ship, even when compared to the Diamond and Star which we previously enjoyed.

Brugge was charming ...an eye opener for those who have never been to Europe. The day started with a heavy rain shower but that cleared by 11am. Carriage rides were doing a roaring trade as was any shop/restaurant that opened. The 2Be beerwall was packed by 1pm. Try the cherry beer if you get there. Overall a great walking city (just don't get lost as I did) with architecture and museums to savour. Enjoying a well earned rest day today, plus our Skywalker's M&G and first formal night to top it off.

....just passed an oil rig in the North Sea on a chilly morning where seas are smooth. Internet is good .

Edited by Kinkacruiser

Greetings on the Emerald! I hope that you have a wonderful cruise! We are doing a TA on the Emerald this fall, so we appreciate your live thread! Thanks for that!

I was wondering if you can let us know if they are doing the "BBQ" at the Grill in the evenings as they have been doing on some of the other ships? Just curious to know if we may have another option to try on our long cruise.

Also we were wondering if they still have the same small flat screen TV's in the cabins, or have they changed to the newer larger models like the Royal and Regal and Sapphire and maybe other ships?

Enjoy your cruise, and we look forward to hear about your great adventures in your live thread!

Happy Cruising,

Mark

Boarding was delayed until 2pm and naturally there was a very long queue by the time we arrived (apparently a red code Noro situation). All's well on day 3, as the tables are dressed.

So far the food and service have been outstanding. The Emerald is indeed a beautiful ship, even when compared to the Diamond and Star which we previously enjoyed.

Brugge was charming ...an eye opener for those who have never been to Europe. The day started with a heavy rain shower but that cleared by 11am. Carriage rides were doing a roaring trade as was any shop/restaurant that opened. The 2Be beerwall was packed by 1pm. Try the cherry beer if you get there. Overall a great walking city (just don't get lost as I did) with architecture and museums to savour. Enjoying a well earned rest day today, plus our Skywalker's M&G and first formal night to top it off.

....just passed an oil rig in the North Sea on a chilly morning where seas are smooth. Internet is good .

Glad to hear you're having a great time! We're on the Emerald on the 12th, so I'm happy to hear you like the ship. Hopefully your cruise is not affected by the noro like the cruise before yours was. Have a good cruise!

The "Baltic Heritage" cruise with Princess, is my favourite cruise I've done.

Look forward to your ongoing live thread.....Something interesting to read with my morning cup of tea :)

So glad you are doing a "Live From"! We will be doing the Baltic Heritage July 26. I monitored your Roll Call as well as it was quite a bit more lively than ours. I picked up quite a few tid bits. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In Oslo today.The sail up to town is so pretty. It's a very clean but expensive city. Just back from the Open Air Folk Museum (so interesting and can recommend it). The ferry is a great and ins expensive way to get there and the other museums eg Kontiki and Viking. The HoHo buses are lined up as one disembarks (captive audience) cost is 250 NOK pp. We are berthed at the Fortress.

Weather is chilly.

Yesterday saw a sucessful M&G ...great attendance and I estimate 8 staff and crew in attendance. Kelvin Joy 'broke the ice' and made introductions. Kudos to our M&G organiser Sherri and the great momento fridge or cabin wall magnets we each received.

First formal was busy. 99.9% of gents were suited - not too many ladies chose long gowns, rather cocktail length seems to be the trend.

Tomorrow we're in Copenhagen and chose an SPB tour there so will report back here after that one.

Cheers All...

Hello ARLENE and KERRY. Unfortunately I can't reply to my emails.

Anna

Thanks Anna for the latest.

Sorry to read the weather is chilly. Hopefully you'll have missed the rain currently falling near Tallin & St Petersburg.

Pleased to read the M&G went well and so many men were suited up for the formal night.

Looking forward to reading your next update.

Peter

In Oslo today.The sail up to town is so pretty. It's a very clean but expensive city. Just back from the Open Air Folk Museum (so interesting and can recommend it). The ferry is a great and ins expensive way to get there and the other museums eg Kontiki and Viking. The HoHo buses are lined up as one disembarks (captive audience) cost is 250 NOK pp. We are berthed at the Fortress.

Weather is chilly.

Yesterday saw a sucessful M&G ...great attendance and I estimate 8 staff and crew in attendance. Kelvin Joy 'broke the ice' and made introductions. Kudos to our M&G organiser Sherri and the great momento fridge or cabin wall magnets we each received.

First formal was busy. 99.9% of gents were suited - not too many ladies chose long gowns, rather cocktail length seems to be the trend.

Tomorrow we're in Copenhagen and chose an SPB tour there so will report back here after that one.

Cheers All...

Anna

Hi Anna, Glad to see you are having an enjoyable time.

Its great to read your posts.

Isabel

Weather is chilly.

Cheers All...

Anna

Hello dear Anna,

I am really enjoying your travels and wish I was there with you. It all sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see some photo's.

Continue to have a fantastic cruise and it will be great to read about your travels on here.

love, Kerry.

Hello dear friends and followers,

Too early to report on Copenhagen, but it's not too chilly and we have blue skies. There were people bronzing around the Outrigger pool area before sailaway yesterday...for us it was a pleasant warming winter afternoon.

For the gym users - no treadies before 8:00am, but you can use the Elllipticatals, weights etc from 7:00am. The Komen cancer walk is on tomorrow. The usuakl Yoga, Pilates, Boot camp and Spinning classes are offered. Free 20 min stretch and 20mins abs classes from 7:00am.

See you again tomorrow.

Anna

Abigail - I'll check on those Colosseum tickets and get back to you here.

Kerry - I tried sending a longish email via my provider a few days ago, but it wouldn't deliver. Will try again tomorrow.

Thanks Anna

Just curious about the percentages of different nationalities and age range. I would imagine it's a little early in July for many kids to be on board yet.

I'd be grateful if you could tell me where they sell draught Stella too.

Enjoy Copenhagen

Peter

Hi Anna

we're on her from the 16th of Sept and my DH is wondering about the training bikes in the gym. He's signed up for a night ride just after we are back home and wants to keep up with his cycle training while we are away. He did a similar thing while we were on the Indy last year. Up at 6am, a hour on the bikes then made me a cup of morning tea in bed when he got back to the room.

so he's wondering are they off limits the same as the treadmiles until 8am, if not how early can he go in the gym in the morning.

As Princess don't have kettles in the rooms, i will miss my morning cuppa, i guess he'll be bringing me back one from the buffet instead.

Hope you have fab time on board, happy sailing

Julia

Thanks Anna for the live updates! While my DH and I are not cruising the Baltic this year, but we are doing the Mediterranean on the Emerald 7/12 (I believe you are doing a b2b with this same cruise) and it's good to hear good things about the ship. I'm a little disappointed the treadmills aren't available til 8 but that's only a minor inconvenience.

Again thanks for the updates,

Judi

Abigail - I'll check on those Colosseum tickets and get back to you here.

Hi anna - do not worry about checking the tickets, I sent the email before realising you were on the cruise :) I'm enjoying reading about your cruise so far. great information. Look forward to meeting you

Abbie x