NCL Not Returning Call Request

yoboy08753

Over the past year while shopping for our upcoming cruise on NCLs website it was like clock work that the following day I would get a call from someone who told me they were my personal cruise consultant who seem to have know we were shopping. About 3 weeks ago while searching we were just about ready to go for it and after clicking around I thought I would get that call but it never came....no big deal. So I log in and get to the payment page for our upcoming Oct sailing to book on my own and get errors on the payment page...still no big deal, I click "CALL ME"......no call. So I call them after waiting 3 hours and after 15min on hold I finish my booking. (BTW the call never came) Now this morning I'm looking at booking another cruise for next March for my birthday and trying to decide if I should book it on my Oct. sailing or do it on my own. I figure let me ask NCL directly. I click "CALL ME" 8 hours later....crickets:confused: Are they making enough money that they ignore those call me clicks? I will also copy this Cruise Critic post and sent it to their customer service for their review as well.

Edited by yoboy08753

You can't book a future cruise on board, unless you want to do it over the internet on the ship. I would just go through the website up UNTIL you need to click the button to make payment and call the 800 number and book with whomever answers your call. You can have chosen your stateroom as well and just give them the number, or you can ask what else might be available in that category and follow along on your computer.

Understand but the point here is they are not returning the calls from the request link on their site. I think you may be mistaken though about not being able to deposit a cruise while onboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely send your post to NCL's Guest relations or web technical department. I tried the call me option 2 months ago and never heard a peep. I think they are short staffed in the call centers and perhaps the call me feature was disabled when they rolled out the new "improved" web site

In my case, the cabin I wanted wasn't showing up on the NCL web site, so I just called my TA who booked it for me right away.

NCL doesn't have staff on board their ships who handle future bookings. As Sauer-kraut said, the only way you can book a cruise while on board is by using the internet café and the connection is so slow, I don't know that you'd ever get it completed. They do have a cruise consultant who can sell you a $250 Future Cruise Reward that you can use as a deposit for another cruise when you get home. You will also get several emails in the week after you return from your PCC asking if you want to book another cruise.

Edited by herdingdogmom

Understand but the point here is they are not returning the calls from the request link on their site. I think you may be mistaken though about not being able to deposit a cruise while onboard

You purchase a "Future Cruise Certificate" while on board for $250 and get $100 back in OBC to use on your current cruise. The Future Cruise Certificate (FCC) is valid for 4 years from the purchase date and will cover your deposit (suites may require a larger deposit) when you book your next cruise. You can only use ONE FCC per booking.

... I think you may be mistaken though about not being able to deposit a cruise while onboard

You can buy a future cruise certificate while onboard but you cannot put a deposit on a particular cruise while onboard unless you do it on the Internet.

You can buy a future cruise certificate while onboard but you cannot put a deposit on a particular cruise while onboard unless you do it on the Internet.

For what it's worth, I think this is stupid. They should have a desk staffed with a PCC right there on the ship to assist people who want to book. They could only make money.

2 of our 3 DCL cruises were booked while sailing on DCL, while still caught up in the moment, before having a chance to go home and think twice. There is a market for this.

For what it's worth, I think this is stupid. They should have a desk staffed with a PCC right there on the ship to assist people who want to book. They could only make money.

I've racked my brain to come up with any reason or excuse why NCL does not offer this. I would settle on a terrible excuse -- anything. I can't think of one reason why. I don't get it.

Even if they offered a PCC on a single sea day only.

Nope! Wasn't complaining, I was stating a fact. Now to stay on topic.... Has anyone else used the link and not received the call. Because just now I took the bull by the horns and called ncl myself and after being on hold for 30 mins I hung up.

...Has anyone else used the link and not received the call. ...being on hold for 30 mins I hung up.

I have never had this problem... but then, I've only called NCL two times... I have never been on hold for 30 minutes. The two times I've called were to simply change cabin assignments (same category) months and months ahead of final payment. Both were handled in less than 2 minutes.

I'm often left to wonder why people need to speak on the phone with NCL so much. I wonder if customers end up on a nuisance list! If just one-quarter of the silly questions posted on this forum find their way to NCL phone reps, it starts to become clear why hold times are so long. "Where are the lobsters?" "Can I fit a lounge chair on my tiny balcony?" "How come there's no self-serve laundry?" -- and the one I know for a fact makes it to the phone reps: "Can my non-suite brood board with me in suite priority boarding?"

I have never had this problem... but then, I've only called NCL two times... I have never been on hold for 30 minutes. The two times I've called were to simply change cabin assignments (same category) months and months ahead of final payment. Both were handled in less than 2 minutes.

I'm often left to wonder why people need to speak on the phone with NCL so much. I wonder if customers end up on a nuisance list! If just one-quarter of the silly questions posted on this forum find their way to NCL phone reps, it starts to become clear why hold times are so long. "Where are the lobsters?" "Can I fit a lounge chair on my tiny balcony?" "How come there's no self-serve laundry?" -- and the one I know for a fact makes it to the phone reps: "Can my non-suite brood board with me in suite priority boarding?"

Ding...Ding...Ding...Ding...Ding!

As an aside....I wonder why people want to call the general number (no wonder they end up on hold) instead of their PCC. I've NEVER been put on hold waiting to talk with my PCC. :)

Ding...Ding...Ding...Ding...Ding!

As an aside....I wonder why people want to call the general number (no wonder they end up on hold) instead of their PCC. I've NEVER been put on hold waiting to talk with my PCC. :)

I will take your "ding" response as confirmation of the existence of a nuisance list! ;) After my huge embarrasing failure of an exchange with you regarding the UBP increase, I'm left with no alternative!

As an aside to the aside... I called my PCC, had to leave a message. Had his magnet-card on the fridge for months; never needed him. Sort of funny actually... he called me back...in three minutes...while I was on the can. He apologized profusely, explaining he stepped away from his phone to... hit the can. We had a good laugh. From this story, one can only conclude that I do, in fact, take calls on the can.

Edited by triptolemus

The point I was trying to get across was why offer the call back option if they aren't going to call!!!!! Still no call [emoji41]

Without wishing to appear to be impolite or rude, is it the end of the world if NCL do not ring back. Is it that much trouble to actually ring them yourself?

I feel your pain sister. I get so stressed out dialing those 10 digits when I want to actually talk with NCL. A rep should be at my front door ringing the bell the moment I decide I want to (maybe) book a cruise.....

To reach an interested representative, press 9.

2 of our 3 DCL cruises were booked while sailing on DCL, while still caught up in the moment, before having a chance to go home and think twice. There is a market for this.

NCL formerly had staff aboard the ships, who would book future cruises for you.

I wonder if many of those who did book onboard, later cancelled once they got home and thought more about it.

Another problem might be that if you bought the cruise rewards on that cruise it is not yours until you pay for it, so it could not be used to book any future cruises until after the current cruise is over.

• 4 weeks later...
NCL formerly had staff aboard the ships, who would book future cruises for you.

I wonder if many of those who did book onboard, later cancelled once they got home and thought more about it.

7 day cruise = 7 days salary. How many cruises would get booked? I've always wondered how the other cruise lines make money on this service.

7 day cruise = 7 days salary. How many cruises would get booked? I've always wondered how the other cruise lines make money on this service.

On ships that i have been on where you could book your next cruise, the Future Cruise Consultant books future cruises, sells the FCC's and is also helping with port information for shoppers and those doing DIY etc. If they wanted to have the position on an NCL ship I think they could find enough areas for the person to keep busy helping both present and future cruisers.

Rochelle