Renovations underway at Sydneys Cruise Terminal

Good to hear, will let you know of my experience of disembarkation on 22 of Dec with embarkation on 15 Dec.

keep any progress photos coming.:D

I will be working both those days in December so we might get to catch up. Do you have priority with Celebrity?;);)

Hi Graham.

We'll be disembarking from Voyager on the 8th December, and embarking on Radiance 23rd December.:)

See you there.:)

OK see you then......Do you have priority boarding??? :D:D:Dmaybe just.

I think they are building a check in desk just for you and the family:cool:

I will be working both those days in December so we might get to catch up. Do you have priority with Celebrity?;);)

No more than the usual trumpets and red carpet they normally put out for me.:p

We are still Select but will become Elite once this cruise is complete. I will keep an eye out for you.:D

Mic , are you going to write a review of the 4 nighter ? Cheers, Buzz.

I will be doing a review soon, will post a link to it here if you like.

The cruise was great, I went in with low expectations as to ship, food and service and was pleasantly surprised.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

We will be disembarking Sept 22 from the Carnival Legend. Anyone know how the work being done would affect our arrival at OPT. Taxis, getting to the Holiday Inn Old Sydney. Many thanks.

You should have no problems and you will not need a taxi as the Holiday Inn Old Sydney is just next to the terminal (next street up) Doubt if a taxi would even be bothered taking you. Might see you there.

Edited by gbenjo

OK see you then......Do you have priority boarding??? :D:D:Dmaybe just.

I think they are building a check in desk just for you and the family:cool:

Graham,

They should build a special check in desk for you with priority boarding for all your Cruise Critic friends. :D

We sail on Celebrity Century on 10th October. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Graham,

They should build a special check in desk for you with priority boarding for all your Cruise Critic friends. :D

We sail on Celebrity Century on 10th October. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Would you believe I was thinking the same thing.........I will work on it..............but don't hold your breath:D

See you on the 10th Oct

Would you believe I was thinking the same thing.........I will work on it..............but don't hold your breath:D

See you on the 10th Oct

It sounds great now, until every man and his dog is a CC member as well. It would be just a matter of time.:D

Geez BODOGBODOG,

Fair suck of the sav!!!! You shouldn't pick on us poor little CC'ers and automatically think we're as wealthy as you.... :p

What I meant to say was that we're actually staying in the PARK, overlooking the Hyatt. Just look for the little white PUPtent, (and I don'T mean Clive Palmer!) :D

Love,

ratacake

You should have no problems and you will not need a taxi as the Holiday Inn Old Sydney is just next to the terminal (next street up) Doubt if a taxi would even be bothered taking you. Might see you there.

Thanks for your reply. Next street up.........is it up hill.......always seem to have over packed. Could mean 2 luggages each lol

Geez BODOGBODOG,

Fair suck of the sav!!!! You shouldn't pick on us poor little CC'ers and automatically think we're as wealthy as you.... :p

What I meant to say was that we're actually staying in the PARK, overlooking the Hyatt. Just look for the little white PUPtent, (and I don'T mean Clive Palmer!) :D

Love,

ratacake

It would not be a " little" tent if Clive was in it.:eek:

Dear GBENJO,

Sorry, I've been remiss in not thanking you profusely for the Sydney Ports info. It's really handy in checking the boats coming in on different months. Celebrity doesn't seem to be doing much so far in bringing out other boats to replace the Century when she's sold next April.

We really, really, need an alternative to P&O which is mostly the only line sailing through our winter months, but when it is just so lovely in the South Pacific.

Thanks again,

Patricia

Edited by ratacake

Dear GBENJO,

Sorry, I've been remiss in not thanking you profusely for the Sydney Ports info. It's really handy in checking the boats coming in on different months. Celebrity doesn't seem to be doing much so far in bringing out other boats to replace the Century when she's sold next April.

We really, really, need an alternative to P&O which is mostly the only line sailing through our winter months, but when it is just so lovely in the South Pacific.

Thanks again,

Patricia

No problem with the info I am down there for most turnarounds so it is good to get first hand "intelligence".

Celebrity cannot really "replace" the Century here in Australia as this season is really just a one off for her ( maybe somewhere to park her until she is sold) They only ever really have one ship here for a season (Solstice ) other than a quick visit by the Millennium and with the bigger Voyager and Explorer now plying the islands there is a limit to the need for Pacific Island ships plus with the Legend home porting in Brisbane they probably believe they have enough.

Geez BODOGBODOG,

What I meant to say was that we're actually staying in the PARK, overlooking the Hyatt. Just look for the little white PUPtent, (and I don'T mean Clive Palmer!)

Lol - you'll be glad it's later in the year then - it's not too tropical in Sydney most mornings at the moment

You should give Crystal a try - great cruise line and the drinks are all included - makes it very easy to relax :p

Dear GBENJO,

Sorry, I've been remiss in not thanking you profusely for the Sydney Ports info. It's really handy in checking the boats coming in on different months

Gee and I thought it was me :confused:

You can check out expected usage here

• 1 month later...

Not much happening visually at the moment other than a "Back to Barangaroo" type tent (even though a tad smaller)

Having been erected in the forecourt area next to where the baggage tent for Royal & Celebrity was last season which is/will be used to hold /process guests until they move upstairs for check in.

nweyhc.jpg

2dhvjf9.jpg

Edited by gbenjo

you were to quick answering, here is another one

I have not yet worked out how to post multiple photos so I go back and edit my original post and the download takes forever:eek:

119cmcj.jpg

Edited by gbenjo

you were to quick answering, here is another one

I have not yet worked out how to post multiple photos so I go back and edit my original post and the download takes forever:eek:

119cmcj.jpg

Sorry I didn't realise how long ago you made that post.

If you are inserting the photos using the paperclip, in the top row of Reply box, it gives you an option of up to 5 photos.