Michael's Club access?

angelwingsflys

If you are in a Royal, Penthouse or Celebrity Suite you have 24 7 access. Drinks are free. Also on the Reflection, the Reflection Suites. If you are a Zenith member you will also have access to Michaels- you have a long way to go!!

However, now many people take the free drink package and do not worry about Happy Hour! Hope that you took it as the bars on the ship are excellent!

Enjoy your cruise

On the Reflection, Signature Suite guests also have access to Michael's Club.

On the Reflection, Signature Suite guests also have access to Michael's Club.

Yes- I wasn't certain to the name(s) of those suites. We were in Michael's recently on the Summit. While the entire suite program wasn't available, the extra perks that were available, were really nice! However you are paying a premium to be in a true suite!

Edited by Cruise a holic

I assume it's not staffed 24/7. Can anyone recall what the staffed hours are and/or what is available when there is no staff there?

On Silhouette we were told the lounge was staffed from 6:45am to Midnight by an Attendant but if the lounge was still busy at Midnight, the attendant would remain on duty.

When the lounge is not staffed, the alcohol is put away and the the glass front coolers with Beer & Wine are locked but the the ones with Soda & Water remain open and the Nespresso Machine remains on

Congrats. We just got off the Century and we had access to Michaels Club, it was fantastic. You will love the experience and Sylvia will look after you very well.

Hello, Oz_Steve, thank you for reporting back about the Century. And what a coincidence - I just received from MC concierge Sylvia Schmidt an email welcoming as well as reaching out to selected suite guests to see if we need anything from the pre-cruise concierge before the 23 day cruise on the Century starting next week.

This is the 4th cruise since April 2014 (Transatlantic on the Equinox with Milica, Summit in May when Cesar was the concierge, and Maritza Moolman on the Millennium last month) that I will be enjoying the facilities in the Michael's Club. And I am glad to learn that the Michael's Club on the Century pretty much maintains the same standards as these other 3 ships.

I just hope it does not turn out like the Concierge lounge on IOTS.

Not sure what you are saying. We have been able to go to the Concierge Lounge ever since we made Diamond Plus. We do not have to stay in a suite to go in there, we are able to go in the because we are D+.

Not sure what you are saying. We have been able to go to the Concierge Lounge ever since we made Diamond Plus. We do not have to stay in a suite to go in there, we are able to go in the because we are D+.

Are you referring to sailing on Royal?

Celebrity doesn't have a "Concierge Lounge".

Sylvia is fabulous! She was very innovative with the entertainment in MC

She had the fewest resources being on the Century but she had something going on every day. Just received a welcome home email this morning

We must have been on the same cruise. We got our email yesterday.

I'm in a (CS) Celebrity Suite on the Reflection in November and an avid Scotch drinker. Am I to believe that the Scotch is free in Michaels? I have no idea how it works. The last time I cruised with celebrity I was poor and segregated to an inside cabin. :D

I'm in a (CS) Celebrity Suite on the Reflection in November and an avid Scotch drinker. Am I to believe that the Scotch is free in Michaels? I have no idea how it works. The last time I cruised with celebrity I was poor and segregated to an inside cabin. :D

All your drinks in Michael's are free:-)

In actuality that is not strictly true, because as a suite passenger you have paid for access to Michael's and thus all it's amenities are include in your fare.

When we were on the Equinox in June we found the MC bar staff soon recognised us and every thing in the very extensive bar was included. In fact when we asked for a brandy they didn't have Milos went to a nearby bar to fetch a bottle and from then on it was always available. So I am sure if your favourite whisky isn't behind the bar, but is elsewhere on the ship, then it would be soon.

And at the end of the evening they where happy for us to take a nightcap or two back to the suite.

All your drinks in Michael's are free:-)

In actuality that is not strictly true, because as a suite passenger you have paid for access to Michael's and thus all it's amenities are include in your fare.

When we were on the Equinox in June we found the MC bar staff soon recognised us and every thing in the very extensive bar was included. In fact when we asked for a brandy they didn't have Milos went to a nearby bar to fetch a bottle and from then on it was always available. So I am sure if your favourite whisky isn't behind the bar, but is elsewhere on the ship, then it would be soon.

And at the end of the evening they where happy for us to take a nightcap or two back to the suite.

Wow, that's great. So, now I wonder if I should bother signing up for a premium drink package which is also new to me.

Thanks for the reply.

Steve

If you want to try the other bars like the Martini or Molecule or have your butler bring you a drink in the theater then it's probably worth it.

If you have the Classic free then it's only $11.50 a day to upgrade and that is covered by one cocktail.

Take the package. Drinks from Michael's club must be consumed in Michael's club. You might want drinks at all the other bars and restaurants. Best to get the premium drink package.

Enjoy

Hi everyone,

Do suite guests have access to Michael's club at happy hour? This will be my first time on Celebrity, not in captain's club yet?

Cheers Deb

All drinks are free in Michael's Club. However, all drinks must be consumed within Michael's. If you enjoy drinking in a library, this is the place. Very quiet.

Also, the premium package will give you access to better wines in the dining room, if you like wine with your dinner. And, as mentioned above, you may want to drink some on the time in one of the other venues, to take advantage of the different ambiance and entertainment since Michael's Club is usually quiet. But, if you're not sure, you can always wait until you get on the ship. It's possible to upgrade to premium during the first couple days of the cruise (not sure what the cutoff is), and then you are charged for the days remaining.

Please forgive me of these probably very basic questions....I am a seasoned RCI cruiser but a baby Celebrity cruiser having taken just one Celebrity...LUVD IT as Mel B would say! So we have planned too more in the next 4 months. Yeah!

What is Michael's Club? Is it like a concierge lounge?

We are D+ on RCI, So Elite on Celebrity. Do Elite guests have a daily Cl as on RCI? If so where/when?

Thanks

Please forgive me of these probably very basic questions....I am a seasoned RCI cruiser but a baby Celebrity cruiser having taken just one Celebrity...LUVD IT as Mel B would say! So we have planned too more in the next 4 months. Yeah!

What is Michael's Club? Is it like a concierge lounge?

We are D+ on RCI, So Elite on Celebrity. Do Elite guests have a daily Cl as on RCI? If so where/when?

Thanks

Michael's Club is a lounge for top suites (Celebrity Suite, Royal Suite, Penthouse, Signature Suites and Reflection Suites) as well as cruisers who have attained Zenith (very high level) of loyalty benefits.

As a D+ you will be given Elite benefits on Celebrity in the Captain's Club. Just sign up and provide your Royal Number. There is not a lounge per say, it varies ship to ship depending on how many people are on board. There is generally a two hour cocktail evening each night in a bar like the Rendezvous Lounge. If there are many eligible cruisers onboard, they may give you coupons, good only for the 2 hours, at any bar (but the designated spot will likely still be available). In the morning there is also a restaurant with a nice continental breakfast available, which includes some nice coffees and drinks.

Go to Celebrity's website and look at the "Elite" Captain's Club benefits and see what the other current perks will be.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks for the info.

Was MC open to Elite passengers a couple of years ago and prior to the tier changes?

Michael's Club was a public lounge. It was the site of the previously mentioned Elite "parties" when they fit in there. They generally do not fit any longer. The new suite benefit started rolling out late last year, the last ships to have Michael's Club "converted" were in April.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Try a Laphroig and Coke and you may change your mind it is truly awful. ;)