Royal Caribbean needs to change picture/CD process

We recently returned from our cruise on Allure of the Seas. On the morning of the last day of the cruise, we purchased the entire picture CD for two of our three cabins. Our third family member decided to order a CD later that day. Upon returning back to the picture desk, we found out they had erroneously ordered the 15 picture CD instead of the entire picture package. After crediting the wrong amount and repurchasing the correct package for the three cabins, the representative asked us to ensure that the amount listed on our tv was correct. After determining that it was correct, we returned back to the picture desk at the designated time after 8 pm on the last night of the cruise to pick up our CD. After waiting in a long line for 30 minutes, we were informed that the CD was in our folder for pickup. Many people would not have had to even get in line if we had known this. We asked the representative if they had a way to review the CD to ensure all of our pictures were included. They did not. Upon getting home, I pulled up my CD and guess what, I have a message stating that I can order up to 15 pictures. I am now having to send my receipt my cruise photo support. I know that the picture program is though another company, however, this process needs to be modified. The last day of our cruise was very stressful trying to get this straight. Disney World allows you to order the CD in the mail for a period of time after your vacation. Royal Caribbean needs to look into something like this to make this a better process for what was otherwise a prefect vacation.

That would be a good idea if you could order at a later date. RCI probably wants you to be caught up in the moment and not think about what it actually costs. I know I buy some pictures that, if given the chance to think about it, I would not have bought.

We recently returned from our cruise on Allure of the Seas. On the morning of the last day of the cruise, we purchased the entire picture CD for two of our three cabins. Our third family member decided to order a CD later that day. Upon returning back to the picture desk, we found out they had erroneously ordered the 15 picture CD instead of the entire picture package. After crediting the wrong amount and repurchasing the correct package for the three cabins, the representative asked us to ensure that the amount listed on our tv was correct. After determining that it was correct, we returned back to the picture desk at the designated time after 8 pm on the last night of the cruise to pick up our CD. After waiting in a long line for 30 minutes, we were informed that the CD was in our folder for pickup. Many people would not have had to even get in line if we had known this. We asked the representative if they had a way to review the CD to ensure all of our pictures were included. They did not. Upon getting home, I pulled up my CD and guess what, I have a message stating that I can order up to 15 pictures. I am now having to send my receipt my cruise photo support. I know that the picture program is though another company, however, this process needs to be modified. The last day of our cruise was very stressful trying to get this straight. Disney World allows you to order the CD in the mail for a period of time after your vacation. Royal Caribbean needs to look into something like this to make this a better process for what was otherwise a prefect vacation.

Its not run by rci but the image group, all contracted out. The people onboard are not rci employees

http://image.freshdesk.com/?utm_source=image.com&utm_medium=portal&utm_campaign=image

http://www.image.com/

The OP said that.

I sent an email to Mr. Goldstein a long time ago in reference to Photos. My idea good or bad, the way people might feel about it,was to allow passengers to review photos on the TV in their cabin the same way you review your account on your TV. Order the photos you want through a system on the TV pay for them on the TV and they will be delivered to your cabin. No hassle looking at photos in the photo department and NO LINES you can do it when you want in the privacy of your own cabin when u want to . When you have photos taken on the ship you present your sea passcard so they know which account it belongs to. You can view your photos on a daily basis and order what you want or delete what you don't want. The only thing is you Probably could not do it the last night of the cruise you would then have to go and find them in the photo department. All it takes is a simple computer program.

Edited by dep

Whether the program is contracted out or not, RCI should be involved with getting the situation corrected. People book their cruise with RCI. Legalities aside, everything that happens aboard the ship is a reflection on RCI and the company should be acutely interested if one of their contracted vendors is causing issues for RCI's customers. The OP is correct, RCI needs to get the vendor to fix the problem or it needs to find a new vendor.

I have a very poor image of The Image Group.

I preordered the all picture CD prior to sailing on Independence of the Seas 3/15/2014.

I went to the photo area on an almost daily basis to see my photos on the kiosk to make sure all my photos were attached to my account.

On the last night of sailing, I went to the photo desk to pick up my CD. I was told that they didn't know I wanted a CD. I told them I had preordered (and paid for) the CD prior to sailing. They responded that I still should have let them know I wanted a CD. Huh?

What part of I preordered the CD do they not understand? If I preorder AND PAY prior to sailing, then I must want a CD. I also preordered the cruise DVD, which they had waiting for me. Why do I need to come down to the photo desk during the cruise to again order a picture CD?

Very poor process on there side.

They did, but gave no hint or info about that for others reading:rolleyes::rolleyes:

...and you left no hint that your post was not intended for the OP but for the others reading the post. How would one know you were not providing the info to the OP without some kind of hint?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

...and you left no hint that your post was not intended for the OP but for the others reading the post. How would one know you were not providing the info to the OP without some kind of hint?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I could explain it to you but I can't understand it for you:rolleyes:

Whether the program is contracted out or not, RCI should be involved with getting the situation corrected. People book their cruise with RCI. Legalities aside, everything that happens aboard the ship is a reflection on RCI and the company should be acutely interested if one of their contracted vendors is causing issues for RCI's customers. The OP is correct, RCI needs to get the vendor to fix the problem or it needs to find a new vendor.

While I completely agree with this, can we table this until RCI fixes the problems with the systems/programs designed and run by RCI?

I sent an email to Mr. Goldstein a long time ago in reference to Photos. My idea good or bad, the way people might feel about it,was to allow passengers to review photos on the TV in their cabin the same way you review your account on your TV. Order the photos you want through a system on the TV pay for them on the TV and they will be delivered to your cabin. No hassle looking at photos in the photo department and NO LINES you can do it when you want in the privacy of your own cabin when u want to . When you have photos taken on the ship you present your sea passcard so they know which account it belongs to. You can view your photos on a daily basis and order what you want or delete what you don't want. The only thing is you Probably could not do it the last night of the cruise you would then have to go and find them in the photo department. All it takes is a simple computer program.

The problem is people would take pictures of the pictures on the TV. Have seen people do it in the area where the pictures are now :eek:. Fortunately there is staff there to stop them.

Yes, they could put a banner across the picture or something else but then people would complain it covers x, y or z.

No way to make everyone happy.

To the OP, let RCI know of your concerns, issues with the package. The only way they can make a change is to know of these things. Posting it on here helps others, but doesn't do a lot to change the process.

This type of system is presently being used on some Celebrity ships. Check out the Celebrity blog on CC under "My Post" "photos" .

Edited by dep
Delete my response

Sorry this might be a duplicate try to delete above post. The system I was referring to having the photos on the TV in the state rooms is presently being used on some Celebrity ships.

How frustrating!! :( Just out of curiosity how much do they charge for these photos and do they do any bargining with you on the prices?

We just came back from an all inclusive resort vacation in Mexico and the photographers they had on staff walked around the resort taking photos and then had them in a kiosk in the gift shop and their prices were ridiculous, like $20 a photo, so I'm wondering what the price points are for these photos they take of you during the cruise.

Celebrity uses facial recognition software and scans it back to the photo taken on your sea passcard. You do have to present your sea passcard when the photo is taken. The photos can be accessed at the kiosk in the photo department or on the TV in your stateroom .WOW Royal, Get the package from Celebrity

Celebrity uses facial recognition software and scans it back to the photo taken on your sea passcard. You do have to present your sea passcard when the photo is taken. The photos can be accessed at the kiosk in the photo department or on the TV in your stateroom .WOW Royal, Get the package from Celebrity

RCI has been using fr for several years now, at least on the ships I have been on, vision class, freedom class, and O class. Its as you describe, you just present your card, the pics are at the PH on the kiosk, accessed by inserting your seapass card. Its all the same company doing this, IG

RCI has been using fr for several years now, at least on the ships I have been on, vision class, freedom class, and O class. Its as you describe, you just present your card, the pics are at the PH on the kiosk, accessed by inserting your seapass card. Its all the same company doing this, IG

We have been on the oasis a number of times and the lines for the kiosks are extremely long. It would be nice if they were accessible on the TV in the stateroom.

Sorry you had to deal with this, but thank you for the reminder why we don't buy their over-priced pictures:D

Agreed, this is why we only get the FREE picture listed in our C&A coupons, the rest are taken on a nice camera but other people on the ship. Much cheaper and they come out better.

A word of warning if you take any of the photo packages, which was not explained to us on the ship and we now find very annoying.

We took the "ten photo" package, which meant we could choose the ten best photos (prints). Lovely photos, professional quality which we cannot fault. One of them is me on one knee proposing to my wife.

When we got home we went to our local photo shop to get copies of these photos made for our family. The guy in the shop refused because there was a very small barcode across the bottom, indicating that it was "COPYWRITED". He also explained that if we had them on disc that we would then own then copywrite. I have dealt with this in my own way but BE WARNED

A word of warning if you take any of the photo packages, which was not explained to us on the ship and we now find very annoying.

We took the "ten photo" package, which meant we could choose the ten best photos (prints). Lovely photos, professional quality which we cannot fault. One of them is me on one knee proposing to my wife.

When we got home we went to our local photo shop to get copies of these photos made for our family. The guy in the shop refused because there was a very small barcode across the bottom, indicating that it was "COPYWRITED". He also explained that if we had them on disc that we would then own then copywrite. I have dealt with this in my own way but BE WARNED

There is a form you can print which gives you rights to the pictures. I do not have the link handy at the moment, someone else hopefully does. Print that and take to the photo shop, no problem getting reprints that way. Have done it multiple times.