Anything for 4th of July?

Just to clarify, do you mean 2015, because today is July 5/14?

Yes, of course! Obviously we aren't departing last week! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by OnTheBrink
details

Seriously doubt it. Don't think the British passengers would enjoy celebrating that day.

I've celebrated many national days - Bastille Day, etc. I think it's fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ships are not American...they really don't "celebrate" our independence....they may stick some flags in flower arrangements, or something. It's up to you to celebrate as you see fit. No fireworks, if that's what you're thinking.

The Oasis just had a small celebration for both Canada Day (July 1), and a larger one for July 4th. The July 4th consisted of a lot of red, white, and blue balloons, banners, bunting, and flags placed along the Royal Promenade. There was also a giant sheet cake decorated to look like the flag. Someone sang the National Anthem, and then the cake was cut and served to everyone who wanted some.

The Oasis just had a small celebration for both Canada Day (July 1), and a larger one for July 4th. The July 4th consisted of a lot of red, white, and blue balloons, banners, bunting, and flags placed along the Royal Promenade. There was also a giant sheet cake decorated to look like the flag. Someone sang the National Anthem, and then the cake was cut and served to everyone who wanted some.

I disembarked from the Grandeur on the 4th, but she did this, too.

Nice celebration for Canada Day on Tuesday, and a "preview" July 4th party on the 3rd. They re-decorated for the incoming passengers, too.

:)

If you mean: Do they have fireworks? NO.

Jimmy and Frankie sang the Canadian anthem at the start of there morning show, and rather well I might say. They also had Canadian beer available in the pub in the Royal Prominade all day. They had a few flags hung out front as well, one could call have called it Canada House.

For July 4th the RP was decorated very tastefully. There was also a flag spread across the hood of the car and all that Veectoor stated above. Considering there were so many more Americans than Canadians I was very happy and appreciative to see what Canada was represented.

The ships are not American...they really don't "celebrate" our independence....they may stick some flags in flower arrangements, or something. It's up to you to celebrate as you see fit. No fireworks, if that's what you're thinking.

Most ships and most lines choose almost any reason to celebrate a holiday and since, on most RCI cruises, Americans and Canadians make up a large segment of the passenger mix, Canada Day and the Fourth of July will be celebrated with appropriate measures. The nationality of the ships (most fly flags of convenience) is hardly a factor in which holidays are observed or how they are celebrated.

I just got off Enchantment today that left on the 4th of July, there were lots of red, white and blue balloons all over the ship. There were red, white and blue streamer-flag type decorations and at the sail away they had apple pie and ice cream and there was a nice happy 4th of July card in our room the first night.