Soda machines

I thinks it terrible that RCCI doesn't put these machines on every ship in their fleet! I hate bothering a bartender every time I want a soda that I have pre-paid dearly for. It's not fair to the staff' date='[/color'] or to the customer!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How is it not fair to the staff? It is their job.

YES and PLEASE

1. It's their job to serve you. If anything, the success of the machines make it likely the company will cut back on staffing if they find the machines are cost effective.

2. LOVE THOSE MACHINES, they are in 5 Guys and Firehouse Subs. I love Lime Cokes. Cherry Cokes. and Orange FANTAS.

3.I am now more apt to purchase a soda package now that the selection is greatly expanded.

are they on the Grandeur?

So do I. I'm a big Coke Zero fan. And I don't much like having to ask someone to get me what I can easily get myself. I guess that is one of the reasons that I'm a Windjammer fan too.

How is it not fair to the staff? It is their job.

So do I. I'm a big Coke Zero fan. And I don't much like having to ask someone to get me what I can easily get myself. I guess that is one of the reasons that I'm a Windjammer fan too.

To quote you, "I don't much like having to ask someone to get me what I can easily get myself"...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To quote you' date=' "I don't much like having to ask someone to get me what I can easily get myself"...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote']

You can't get it yourself if RCI doesn't provide a machine and that makes it the staff's job and hardly unfair to them for you to partake of something that you paid for. I certainly understand getting it yourself and not wanting to ask the staff if there is a machine available.

Edited by Ocean Boy

• 6 months later...

November 2014 on Navigator--bought the cup thinking there were machines on board...the person selling them wasn't sure if there were machines on board! Really??!! I don't drink soda but I love the non-carbonated light lemonades...very disappointed! I really didn't need the souvenir cup...just wanted the lemonade.

As far as them being serviced...they manage to get all sodas on board. The majority of the drinks are water-based.

Frustrating that Royal's ships are so inconsistent.:(

November 2014 on Navigator--bought the cup thinking there were machines on board...the person selling them wasn't sure if there were machines on board! Really??!! I don't drink soda but I love the non-carbonated light lemonades...very disappointed! I really didn't need the souvenir cup...just wanted the lemonade.

As far as them being serviced...they manage to get all sodas on board. The majority of the drinks are water-based.

Frustrating that Royal's ships are so inconsistent.:(

Was there more available than the basic Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite? I can't drink diet coke...I would get the beverage package if I knew for sure they had other diet soda.

Was there more available than the basic Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite? I can't drink diet coke...I would get the beverage package if I knew for sure they had other diet soda.

Well if they have the Freestyle machines, I believe they also have Cole Zero, Sprite Zero, and possibly Pibb Zero

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well if they have the Freestyle machines, I believe they also have Cole Zero, Sprite Zero, and possibly Pibb Zero

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't think Navigator has them yet. I was wondering about the ships without the freestyle machines.

Does Liberty have FreeStyle machines? (Sure hope so!)

On ships that do NOT have them, I assume that conventional chip-activated soda machines are available instead, right? (There was one regular machine -- and only one, AFAIK -- installed on Majesty back on 2010.)

Does Liberty have FreeStyle machines? (Sure hope so!)

On ships that do NOT have them, I assume that conventional chip-activated soda machines are available instead, right? (There was one regular machine -- and only one, AFAIK -- installed on Majesty back on 2010.)

sorry to jump on your thread, but does anyone know if Adventure has a freestyle, my TA has asked 2 people at RCL and got diff answers, one yes and one no...

Thanks

wendy

x

No Freestyle on Liberty or Adventure.

As far as I know, if a ship does not have a Freestyle machine, there are no other self-serve soda machines. You would have to get soda from a bar or restaurant. Choices would be Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Soda Water, and Tonic Water.

No Freestyle on Liberty or Adventure.

As far as I know, if a ship does not have a Freestyle machine, there are no other self-serve soda machines. You would have to get soda from a bar or restaurant. Choices would be Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Soda Water, and Tonic Water.

Huh. That's quite disappointing. I'm wondering what happened between 2010, when even RCCL's oldest ship, Majesty, had a chip-activated soda fountain, and now, when they've apparently removed those and are replacing them, all too slowly, with FreeStyle machines. :eek:

Huh. That's quite disappointing. I'm wondering what happened between 2010, when even RCCL's oldest ship, Majesty, had a chip-activated soda fountain, and now, when they've apparently removed those and are replacing them, all too slowly, with FreeStyle machines. :eek:

So far the Freestyle machines have only been installed on ships that are sailing year round from a US port.

Up until recently Liberty has been summering in Europe.

So far the Freestyle machines have only been installed on ships that are sailing year round from a US port.

Up until recently Liberty has been summering in Europe.

I thought Navigator of the Seas sailed year round out of Galveston, if that is the case then I am wondering why they don't have the freestyle machines.

Vickie

I thought Navigator of the Seas sailed year round out of Galveston, if that is the case then I am wondering why they don't have the freestyle machines.

Vickie

It's a good question that many of us have been wondering about.

sorry to jump on your thread, but does anyone know if Adventure has a freestyle, my TA has asked 2 people at RCL and got diff answers, one yes and one no...

Thanks

wendy

x

Anyone know if Majesty of the Seas has the machines?

I don't get it RCI made such a big deal about these machines and how much fun to have all the choices! It can't be that hard to run the boat back to old style when the ships are in Europe and beyond! Run the machines when ships are sailing out of the state's! Happier clients.