Upgrade Fairy

SDadw01

Hi

We got our upgrade last week. We sail on the 1st Oct.

Hi

Just wondering how did you find out about your upgrade i.e email, cruise personaliser etc? We also sail on 1st Oct, on the Ventura. We are an early saver, so I know 'Select' get 1st offer of upgrade and then what ever is left may be offered to us, So just wondering if we do get the upgrade fairy visiting us how it would it be done - although it would be nice for an upgrade:) We're not really that bothered as long as we're on the ship :)

Hi

Just wondering how did you find out about your upgrade i.e email, cruise personaliser etc? We also sail on 1st Oct, on the Ventura. We are an early saver, so I know 'Select' get 1st offer of upgrade and then what ever is left may be offered to us, So just wondering if we do get the upgrade fairy visiting us how it would it be done - although it would be nice for an upgrade:) We're not really that bothered as long as we're on the ship :)

Hi

P&O called me to offer upgrade from balcony to suite @ £50 p/p.

we payed full fare and payed balance early. ( that's what p&o told me)

Hope you get an upgrade.

There are lots of us who have paid full fare but don't get a visit from the upgrade fairy:(

I would be a bit cross if I thought the savers were being upgraded before select just like the old getaway fares were.

Goes back to how popular is the cruise, how many of the types of cabin above you are there.

Most "upgrades" are from fore/aft to midships of the same type of cabin.Maybe on a higher deck.

People on saver fare would have booked a type-lets take a balcony..

So they would pay a saver fare-their balcony could be fore/aft/midships/high/low deck...It all depends on what is left after select and early saver fares have their cabins.

Now someone may have paid a select fare for a cabin in a certain place-lets say aft. A saver fare could get put in a midships cabin -theorectically a better cabin..

We are booked on a once/twice a year cruise-all of the grade above us is sold out..no matter how much I wish-there is nowhere for the upgrade fairy to upgrade us to......so we stay where we are.

I don't think our grade is sold out yet-so I am fully aware that someone could pay a saver fare, for the same type of cabin as me....Equally my grade could sell out before sailing and it never goes to saver fares.

I think there is now an expectation that if someone pays a select fare they will get upgraded. That will only happen if there is somewhere to upgrade them to.

Bear in mind what Pando considers an upgrade , a passenger may not...over a show lounge ,under deck space etc.

There are lots of us who have paid full fare but don't get a visit from the upgrade fairy:(

I would be a bit cross if I thought the savers were being upgraded before select just like the old getaway fares were.

I understand that, I too would be a bit put out - but from what I understand is that early savers will only get what is left after Select have been upgraded (if they want).....so the only way an early saver would get an upgrade before a select, would be if they were in a lower category and they were moved to either a slightly 'better positioned' cabin (according to P&O) or the same grade as the select but not a higher grade, therefore it would be an upgrade for the early saver but would be either a downgrading or nothing for the select as they are the only cabins available. I may be wrong in my thinking!:rolleyes:

Booked last year virtually as soon as we could, a while back got an upgrade from balcony to mini suite for £100 each, which we took. Yesterday we heard that we have a complimentary upgrade to a suite, sail on Friday on Arcadia :cool:

Booked last year virtually as soon as we could, a while back got an upgrade from balcony to mini suite for £100 each, which we took. Yesterday we heard that we have a complimentary upgrade to a suite, sail on Friday on Arcadia :cool:

I hope the fairy treats me the same!

Goes back to how popular is the cruise, how many of the types of cabin above you are there.

Most "upgrades" are from fore/aft to midships of the same type of cabin.Maybe on a higher deck.

People on saver fare would have booked a type-lets take a balcony..

So they would pay a saver fare-their balcony could be fore/aft/midships/high/low deck...It all depends on what is left after select and early saver fares have their cabins.

Now someone may have paid a select fare for a cabin in a certain place-lets say aft. A saver fare could get put in a midships cabin -theorectically a better cabin..

We are booked on a once/twice a year cruise-all of the grade above us is sold out..no matter how much I wish-there is nowhere for the upgrade fairy to upgrade us to......so we stay where we are.

I don't think our grade is sold out yet-so I am fully aware that someone could pay a saver fare, for the same type of cabin as me....Equally my grade could sell out before sailing and it never goes to saver fares.

I think there is now an expectation that if someone pays a select fare they will get upgraded. That will only happen if there is somewhere to upgrade them to.

Bear in mind what Pando considers an upgrade , a passenger may not...over a show lounge ,under deck space etc.

Plus they have to have opted for an upgrade, many don't. I don't because I dont want to to be upgraded to an inferior location, like next to the exhaust uptakes etc etc.

Maybe 'true' upgrades are now a rarity. Inside to outside, outside to balcony etc.

Plus they have to have opted for an upgrade, many don't. I don't because I dont want to to be upgraded to an inferior location, like next to the exhaust uptakes etc etc.

Maybe 'true' upgrades are now a rarity. Inside to outside, outside to balcony etc.

Well I think for saver fares that is probably true..more than likely to be fore/aft to midships,or low deck to higher deck.

We have paid a select fare for the highest grade of our cabin....midships. However as I said the grade above us is sold out,so I can't see how, we can be upgraded.

Just had an upgrade email for oceana cruise 31 August,we have gone from inside grade na to nc,now in cabin b738,was previously f342

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm on this cruise as well but haven't heard anything. We're inside grade NC A329. I have noticed that there are still cabins available in the next grade up, midship inside.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by campergirl62

My parents were upgraded months ago for their upcoming cruise next month to a worse cabin (they really didn't want fixed single beds). They rang p&o and got put onto a wait list. They were really happy to get a large unobstructed view in the end (had booked partially obstructed I think).

I'm hoping they look for special occasions when deciding on upgrades - I'll be cruising for my 40th next year so have my fingers crossed the fairy will visit me.

My parents were upgraded months ago for their upcoming cruise next month to a worse cabin (they really didn't want fixed single beds). They rang p&o and got put onto a wait list. They were really happy to get a large unobstructed view in the end (had booked partially obstructed I think).

I'm hoping they look for special occasions when deciding on upgrades - I'll be cruising for my 40th next year so have my fingers crossed the fairy will visit me.

I'll have a word with her!

Not sure there is any way to predict that, I have heard of upgrades at check-in.

About 5 years ago my son and I were upgraded from guaranteed outside to aft facing mini suite at check in. (NCL not P & O).