Birthday Credit - Good News

jennapie

I booked my Celebrity cruise for March 2015 a few weeks ago and took advantage of the 123GO promotion. Today I got an email from Celebrity offering me a $50 credit for my upcoming birthday (in August). It did mention that it was for new bookings, but it also said able to be combined with one other offer, so I called the Captain's Club to see if I could get the credit anyway.

I was skeptical because when I first got the email I'd read on the forums about how many issues people had with the birthday credit so I didn't think it would go through. The person on the phone said he wasn't sure it would go through but he tried it anyway.....and it worked! Woo hoo!!

Now what to use the $50 for....

I got the same email about the birthday OBC. Unfortunately, my birthday cruise was booked in February so the offer won't work since the booking is more than 60 days ago. Too bad Celebrity can't make an exception since my birthday cruise was already booked.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

I got the same email about the birthday OBC. Unfortunately, my birthday cruise was booked in February so the offer won't work since the booking is more than 60 days ago. Too bad Celebrity can't make an exception since my birthday cruise was already booked.

That seems silly, maybe once onboard you can try to talk to someone??

got the same email about the birthday OBC. Unfortunately, my birthday cruise was booked in February so the offer won't work since the booking is more than 60 days ago. Too bad Celebrity can't make an exception since my birthday cruise was already booked.

Try calling them again they are very inconsistent with there answers, you never what they will say the only thing for sure that will happen is that you will be put on hold lol

I received the email about a birthday credit also and called about it. I was able to get the credit despite the cruise being booked in January. Try again, you might have some luck!

Birthday credit? My DH and I both have birthdays in May, but didn't get any notice about a birthday credit. Do you have to be at a certain level in the Captains Club to get it?

I am a CC member, but I haven't cruised before, so I don't think so!

My husband got the birthday email too and I tried to redeem it for our September sailing we booked last fall and they said no :(

Don't feel too bad guys, my husbands is in October and my birthday falls *during* the cruise and I didn't get an email! Lol

We're not CC And this is our first cruise.

I just booked 2 cruises yesterday. How does this work? My wife's (who actually booked the cruise) birthday will be within the 60 days during the cruise, not when the cruise starts. World we be eligible? Should I call Celebrity? I did book with a TA.

My birthday is in august and I just booked about 2 weeks ago for a March 2015 sailing. I think the deal is that it has to be booked (and deal cashed in) within 60 days of your birthday, NOT depart within the 60 days. It's a generic code, BDAYOBC

Also...I joined CC even though it's our first celebrity cruise. i called the CC desk to try to get this deal added.

Edited by jennapie

Does a wedding anniversary count? We have a big one in July 2015 and we sail on the 30th August. My wife's birthday falls in September, just after we return from the cruise. How would I get the OBC assuming I can?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does a wedding anniversary count? We have a big one in July 2015 and we sail on the 30th August. My wife's birthday falls in September, just after we return from the cruise. How would I get the OBC assuming I can?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have no idea...the email was just for my birthday.

Booked our cruise several months ago. TA was able to add birthday credit to our cruise leaving in two weeks. Just keep trying if they say no the first time.

Thanks, I will try that.

I got the email, but booked thru a TA. Should I call Celebrity or the TA? Not sure the TA could do anything..? :confused:

Hi Fitters,

In your case, Id call your TA and mention the birthday offer. As others have mentioned, its supposedly combinable with 1 other offer, so it's really hit and miss. I've tried a couple of times, and was told no. Hope you have better luck !

If it's anything like the "thanks for sailing offer" it's pretty limited in application. We tried to apply the above OBC to a cruise we'd just booked on a sailing but because we got OBC for booking onboard as well as the 123GO perk we couldn't use the additional offer, even though the OBC for booking was applied to the cruise we were on instead of the cruise we'd booked for the future. Would've loved to have the OBC for the future cruise...

Cathy

I just tried to redeem the OBC credit for a September cruise that we have already booked and paid for in full. The answer was a firm "no", with the explanation that because we had booked through a TA, the reservation could not be changed.

When questioned about the purpose of the email, the rep said that it is something that is sent out in bulk, presumably in the hope of enticing recipients to book. Personally, it would take more than a $50 credit for us to jump at the chance of spending thousands on a spur-of-the-moment vacation (but that's just me...)

I just tried to redeem the OBC credit for a September cruise that we have already booked and paid for in full. The answer was a firm "no", with the explanation that because we had booked through a TA, the reservation could not be changed.

When questioned about the purpose of the email, the rep said that it is something that is sent out in bulk, presumably in the hope of enticing recipients to book. Personally, it would take more than a $50 credit for us to jump at the chance of spending thousands on a spur-of-the-moment vacation (but that's just me...)

Have you tried to get your TA to take care of it for you? Mine was able to get it for a previously booked cruise no problem.

• 4 weeks later...