Freedom or Adventure?

Greetings, we're looking at Freedom of the Seas for April 2016, which goes to Cococay, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. This would be a cheaper flight and give us a chance to visit Orlando.

Then there's Adventure of the Seas, which goes to St. Thomas, St. Croix, Antigua, St. Lucia, and Grenada. This option would give us more islands, and a chance to see Puerto Rico.

This will be an adults only trip. We like the look of the beaches on Cococay and St. Maarten, but we would also enjoy more stops. We have a week to plan before the buy one get one half off sale ends. Which would you do?

We had a similar issue this year deciding between the adventure transatlantic and Indy transatlantic. Adventure had more stops and ended in San Juan but Indy we knew as had sailed her before and ended in Florida this meant cheaper flights home to England and less stops this ended up clinching the deal for us as lots of plane switches wasn't great with two young children :( I am now glad we made this decision as it's Indys last sailing from Southampton think you just need to research the ports and make the best decision for yourself we defiantly feel we made the best choice for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We prefer Freedom ever so slightly over Voyager class ships but Adventure's itinerary sounds great. It doesn't help that we've missed Coco Cay every time it's been included on our itinerary and the last time was on Freedom.

Hello -

If your looking for the most excitement I would recommend the southern itinerary. Much busier trip, if you include San Juan you get 6 ports! The beaches of st croix and st Lucia are wonderful.

IMHO there is no rush to book under the current "sale" prices - unless there is a specific room requirement. The bogo prices are higher now than when this "sale" started in May. I booked the same southern itinerary for March 2015 for 300pp less than what I am seeing now for 2016. Best of luck!!

We like the look of the beaches on Cococay and St. Maarten, but we would also enjoy more stops. Which would you do?

This sentence answers your question for me, "you would also enjoy more stops." I think you should choose Adventure.

Tim

If you are booking just for the ship I would give Freedom the edge as it has a few venues that Adventure is missing. However, I love the southern Caribbean and factoring in the itinerary I'd go with Adventure unless you feel that you just have to have a flow rider on the ship. And I don't even consider Cococay a port. It is just a forced beach day.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Hello -

If your looking for the most excitement I would recommend the southern itinerary. Much busier trip, if you include San Juan you get 6 ports! The beaches of st croix and st Lucia are wonderful.

IMHO there is no rush to book under the current "sale" prices - unless there is a specific room requirement. The bogo prices are higher now than when this "sale" started in May. I booked the same southern itinerary for March 2015 for 300pp less than what I am seeing now for 2016. Best of luck!!

Book now and adjust if price goes down

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

If you cruise for the ports, choose the Adventure. If you cruise for the ship, choose the Freedom. I love the Freedom and I am booked on the Adventure next year. I do not think you can go wrong with either choice. CoCo Cay has a really nice beach with good snorkeling and I really like St. Maarten. Have you done either one of these itineraries before? If so, maybe choose the other one.

Thank you for the wonderful advice. We would indeed prefer Freedom of the Seas looking at the actual ships, but our whole point of flying out there is to see the Caribbean. We're going with Adventure of the Seas for the ports.

There is something special about starting the cruise in the Caribbean.:)