Lotus Spa Pool area on Island Princess

threetimesalady

Hello, everyone! We are sailing to Alaska on the Island Princess in August. I am a little confused about the Lotus Spa Pool area. Is it just for passengers paying for spa services? Any information would be helpful. The Princess website doesnt really address this question but maybe we are just supposed to know this.

Hello, everyone! We are sailing to Alaska on the Island Princess in August. I am a little confused about the Lotus Spa Pool area. Is it just for passengers paying for spa services? Any information would be helpful. The Princess website doesnt really address this question but maybe we are just supposed to know this.

On the Island and the Coral the Lotus Spa Pool is just for those who pay for the Sanctuary. It is not very big, so you are not missing out on anything. It is basically just to dip in to cool off.

As I recall, the Coral and Island have a covered pool and hot tubs close to the buffet area kind of in the center of the ship. It's a great place to spend a little time, especially for Alaska cruises.

On the Island and the Coral the Lotus Spa Pool is just for those who pay for the Sanctuary. It is not very big, so you are not missing out on anything. It is basically just to dip in to cool off.

That's completely incorrect... at least as far as the Coral Princess is concerned. I haven't been on the Island Princess.

The Lotus Pool is the covered pool on Lido deck, and it is open to all passengers of all ages. No charge. No spa privileges or Sanctuary access required. It's also fairly large. Here's a picture...

LotusPool-IMG_3407.JPG

Edited by Spaniel Lover

The best pool area on a ship. Covered and a quiet place to sit and read if you are sun sensitive. Spent many hours there on a recent cruise just reading and enjoying an Ice Cream from the bar right there in that area. No charge at all for it's use. It would be great if every ship had a covered pool area like that.

There's some confusion. There is no Lotus Spa pool on the Coral or Island but like several of the first Grand-class ships, the 2nd main pool area is covered. On the Coral and Island, this is called the Lotus Pool. It's sort of near the Spa but has no direct relationship with it.

The Coral and Island Sanctuaries are the only ones with a pool. Since it's in the Sanctuary, it's for the exclusive use of those who have booked the Sanctuary. Not surprisingly, it's called the Sanctuary Pool. :)

So...on the Island there is a Lido Pool, Lotus Pool and another pool in the Sanctuary?
Yes, two larger pools for everyone and one small one for the Sanctuary. It's really more of a "cooling off" pool than a swimming pool.

zesa9ehu.jpg

I thought that on our Island Princess cruise that the Lotus Pool was for adults only and the Lido Pool was for everyone.

Sometimes it's adults only and sometimes for everyone.

I've seen it both ways and have no idea how they decide.

I do agree, though, that it's a beautiful area (with ice cream close by) that I wish they had on every ship!

Edited by chamima

The Lotus pool by default is adult only, but on itineraries with larger number of kids they will open it up to ease crowding at the main pool. Ditto if the itinerary is cooler (Alaska beginning and end of season, for example)