Balance due showing up after 0 balance due

20pluscruises

Problem with a balnce due showing up a few weeks before the cruise? The reservation was paid in full in May with a 0 balance due. It now states we have a balance due close to $1400.00....Captains Club said it isn't showing up on there end? Maybe I'm a bit OCD? I'm worried once we board it will be a problem/pain in the *** to clear up. Has anyone encountered this before, and was it a problem (or no problem) once you got on the ship? Thanks!

Have you called Celebrity or your TA? I assume that you have documentation that the balance was paid.

DON

Yes, and they did say it isn't showing up on their end. But it is showing up on "MY CELEBRITY" account. First page says balance due 0, but when i look at payments made it states I have a balance due of almost $1400.00 AND the booking price of the cabin increased $1200. This is 6 weeks after final payment.

Edited by 20pluscruises

That is one reason we always use a TA. We leave issues like these up to them to resolve. In your case I would just bring copies of your invoices showing the -0- balance due. Celebrity has a lot of issues with their web services. If, as you say, per your phone call they also show a -0- glance you will be fine. Enjoy your cruise

That is one reason we always use a TA. We leave issues like these up to them to resolve. In your case I would just bring copies of your invoices showing the -0- balance due. Celebrity has a lot of issues with their web services. If, as you say, per your phone call they also show a -0- glance you will be fine. Enjoy your cruise

Thanks! I did have them send a second invoice with the current date and 0 balance. We will have it with us when we board. :) Will they accept this on board?

We have a similar problem - our balance is much less but shows up when you click on Payment Details in My Celebrity. Probably when working on the website, this was neglected. My husband's guess is that the original programmers did not document the files adequately if at all. This means it is very difficult to fix all the problems when they start changing things. The little bits that used to explain to the Payment Details probably don't exist any more, so it gets confused.

I did call and Celebrity said, as with you, that it didn't show up on their end. My biggest fear was that we would lose our cabin. We booked early just to get this cabin - not that it is so great, but just the one we wanted.

Beth

Only time to worry is if they send an email saying you still have a balance.:D Even the Rep's dont seem to pay much attention to the Celebrity web site or the 'My Celebrity' accounts.

If you have done all your pre-cruise paper work and ordered luggage tags, start dreaming about sail away!:)

Edited by wallie5446

We have a similar problem - our balance is much less but shows up when you click on Payment Details in My Celebrity. Probably when working on the website, this was neglected. My husband's guess is that the original programmers did not document the files adequately if at all. This means it is very difficult to fix all the problems when they start changing things. The little bits that used to explain to the Payment Details probably don't exist any more, so it gets confused.

I did call and Celebrity said, as with you, that it didn't show up on their end. My biggest fear was that we would lose our cabin. We booked early just to get this cabin - not that it is so great, but just the one we wanted.

Beth

YIKES! I didn't even think about the loss of my perfectly planned cabin choice.

After final payment mine suddenly showed a balance due of $300. I called the Captains Club and they removed it. She told me that they always review accounts with a balance due and fix any problems before sending out an email or taking other action. As long as you have your final payment receipt, I wouldn't worry about it.

Only time to worry is if they send an email saying you still have a balance.:D Even the Rep's dont seem to pay much attention to the Celebrity web site or the 'My Celebrity' accounts.

If you have done all your pre-cruise paper work and ordered luggage tags, start dreaming about sail away!:)

Yes, pre-cruise paper work and luggage tags have been sent. AND a second invoice with a current date(after the balance due) stating a zero balance due. Is the ship able to pull up "MY CELEBRITY" on their computer/on board if a problem does come up?

After final payment mine suddenly showed a balance due of $300. I called the Captains Club and they removed it. She told me that they always review accounts with a balance due and fix any problems before sending out an email or taking other action. As long as you have your final payment receipt, I wouldn't worry about it.

Did this show up in the payment details section? (that is where mine is showing up)

Our last cruise showed a balance due after final payment. Like you, we were told it was not showing on Celebrity's side and to ignore it, which we did. No problem boarding the ship. Our Alaska cruise also showed a small balance after final payment. I thought it might be the cause of other web site issues with this reservation and I tried to pay it on line. The system did not accept the payment because we had a $0 balance due.

In our case it seemed to be the difference in gratuities which went up after we booked the cruises.

Mary Lou

Sounds like you're not alone with this problem. I had this happen once before where after payment I showed a balance owing of around $500 or something. Celebrity didn't see it at their end either and said not to worry. But I did have my invoice available to show on my phone just in case there were any problems when boarding. It was all good.

That's part of why we don't manage our reservations online. We do everything on the phone with the Celebrity booking reps (or the Captain's Club), and get updated invoices every time we make any changes/payments on our account. That final statement showing zero balance is the one I take onboard with me, should any problems arise at check-in. Never had a problem yet -- knock on wood! :cool:

That's part of why we don't manage our reservations online. We do everything on the phone with the Celebrity booking reps (or the Captain's Club), and get updated invoices every time we make any changes/payments on our account. That final statement showing zero balance is the one I take onboard with me, should any problems arise at check-in. Never had a problem yet -- knock on wood! :cool:

We did everything over the phone with Captains Club...booking, later bev packages, etc. We have never had a problem in the past....this is a first. I just called again and they said it is NOT showing up on their end and there is a zero balance, not to worry and enjoy your cruise. :)

Did this show up in the payment details section? (that is where mine is showing up)

Sorry, I don't remember where it showed. I was just a little panicky since our OBC wasn't showing either. The phone call fixed that too.